Topic: Definative Fed Ship Models  (Read 2258 times)

Offline zerosnark

• Lt. Junior Grade
Definative Fed Ship Models
« on: August 14, 2004, 12:26:26 pm »
I was wondering what models people use for specific Fed ships. . .there are so many choices!
Here is a few examples of what I use: Not meant to be exhaustive!

Fed DD's
I use Lord Schupp's Fed DD's for three reasons
   a) The overall excellent quality.
   b) The Variety. The DDL and DDG's actually have different models. The DDE's have a model (the Pegasus, which is not on his web site but in the forum) that actually have a sensor dome above the main hull!
   c) The shuttle bay on the engine pylon: I never understood where shuttlebay on the DD were supposed to be located. Lord Shupp has the answer -> Franz Joseph forgot to draw it!

As an aside, I have significantly neutered the DDE's and DDR's in my personal playlist. Basically, I just use a Fed DDG or DDL with gatlings in place of the LS/RS P1's.

Fed CA's
I use the Atrahasis Connies (btw: some of his early-tos ships are back on the site!) for two reasons;
   a) The quality!
   b) The variety! There is a classic Constitution, a Bonnehomme Richard (Star trek production model) and an Achernar. There is also an Endeavor, which is a phase two Enterprise, and a Coranado, which makes a nice CVS.

As an aside, I use the Connies for a CA and CA+, a BonneHomme Richard for a CAR, CC, and a CAR+, and the Achernar as a slightly souped up CAR+ and a base CC+. The Endeavor I use as a CAI and a custom CAI+

I am not much into the TMP ships, although I use a Atrahasis Belknap in the CB slot.

Fed DN's
   a) For Straight DN, I use Lord Schupps TOS Federation class DN.
   b) For the DNG, DNH and such I use Firesoul's excellent recent TMP dreadnaught.
   c) For CVA, I use Adruil's flatbed.
   d) For SCS, I use Firesoul's EXCELLENT TMP CVA (which is an TMP Federation DN with a double ended shuttle bay in the seondary hull similar to theCcoronado.

NCL
   a) For NCL, I used Atrahasis's Chicago NCL UNTIL I saw Firesoul's ultracool NCL's.
   b) I have, and use, Atrahasis's Surya and Coventry's as custom CL's.
   c) I have a locknar that I used to use for a NCL, but honestly I don't really have a high quality model for this.

FF's
    a) From Fleetdock 13. Just don't like the Atrahasis/Firesoul model which has the engines mounted on the saucer with no standoff, but the breakmodel on the fleetdock 13 model is hideous.

Tugs
    a) I always used the Atrahasis Tugs because of the quality. The "keppler" with the Phase II engines, I use as a custom varient.
   b) I am coming around to liking the Lord Schupp tugs, with the extra hanger bay on the pylon. Hmmm. Maybe I should use this as a standard tug, and the atrahasis as a variant without shuttles.

Ships I miss or just don't have good models for!
   a) Larson destroyers, TMP and TOS versions (to be used as a custom DD)
   b) Locknar Frigates, TMP and TOS versions (to be used as a custom NCL)
   c) Fed Old CL's: Sigh. The best I have is the Firesoul model.
   d) Fighters. Need more than one type!

Ok. . .enough rambling for now!

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Definative Fed Ship Models
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 01:12:21 pm »
general ship classes

fsc - oberth class by p81
fff - slazar class by p81
fdw - destiny clas by p81
fdd - mirinda kitbash made by gafy or mackie(?) -basicly a connie saucer with a mirinda weaponspod between the nacelles - with p81 texture
fdx - therradyne spectre class
fcl - baker class by p81
fncl - mirinda variant ,p81 parts), without rollbar
fncm - mirinda by p81
fnca - belknap by atrahasis
fca - connie by p81
fcc - constellation by moonraker with p81 retexture
fbc(e,f,h) -excelsior - p81/ganymad kitbash
fcva - connie with mirinda saucer , p81 parts
fdn - federation class by wicked zombie - p81 retexture
fdnl- ascension class by atrahasis
fdnh - ulysses class by wickedzombie, ganymad p81 retexture
fbb - wickedzombies midway class -retexture in the works

greatings,

ed aka ganymad aka dogfighter

your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 01:57:27 pm »
I dont have a model for each class, i have a class for each model. Example in my Shiplist there is an "F-Oberth" or a "F-Excelsior"
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 02:20:35 pm »
I tend to go for a design cronology type thing.  I use so many models that it would be hard to list.  I use a good combination of Mackie, WZ, P81, and Atrahasis models.
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline zerosnark

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 03:09:13 pm »
I hear alot about P81 models.

Where does one find these models?

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 03:14:48 pm »
P81's models can be found at;

Starfleet Staryards
www.staryards.com

Mackie
www.the-tcs.net

and I think Unimatrix
www.the-tcs.net/_hosted/dd/index.htm
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Darth Chandley

• Naval Architect
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 05:36:56 pm »
Well with so many to choose from it's hard to come up with a "definative" list... That said however, most of the time I'm using the following....

Battlecruisers
TOS: I have a self made bash using Lord Shctupps DN and DD models
TMP: Mainly the Rogue9 variants (P-81 based) and the P-81 Excelsior

Battleships
TOS: Desty Nova's Mars, Lord Schtupps Mars (when he releases it of course... ;D) and Stress Puppy's Yamato
TMP: Mackie's P-81 based Einherjer and WZ's Mars Refit
Lord Schutpp's Galaxy sot of sits between eras so I'v added a seperate shiplist enty for that

Carriers
TOS: Anduril's Julius Ceasar and Atrahasis' Coronado
TMP: WZ's Ark Royal and Audacity, P-81's George "Dubya" Bush, Rogue9's Oriskany and Anarion's Churchill

Cruisers
TOS: Lord Schtupp's Connie, Stress Puppy's Connie and all of Atrahasis' TOS SOTF variants
TMP: P-81's Connie, WZ's Connie, Mackie's Ironcross, DTW's P-81 based Belknap, Ticonderoga and Tikopai, and all off Atrahasis SOTF TMP refits

Destroyers
TOS: All of Lord Schtupp's single nacelle variants plus Atrahasis' Saladin and Sivo
TMP: P-81's Abbe and Akula plus Rogue9's P-81 Remora

Dreadnoughts
TOS: Lord Schtupp's and Anduril's Federation
TMP: P-81 Star Empire and Star League, WZ's Federation and Belicose

Frigates
TOS: Atrahasis' Aurora, Burke and Kearsage
TMP: DTW's P-81 based Okinawa and WZ's Okinawa

Light Cruisers
TOS: Atrahasis' SOTF variants and Lord Schtupp's Surya
TMP: Rogue9's P-81 Miranda variants Mackie's P-81 based Davids

I also use the Rogue9 P-81 based Loknars and Larson, Pataflafla's Northampton and Kiev and all the "X-tech" P-81 models.  Have just added Terradyne's Spectre and "Tugs and Freighters" are provided by Lord Schtupp and WZ.  I use my own Chandleys (of course... ;D) and they have their own "Light Cruiser" entry in the shiplist, as do a lot of the FASA ships as their classifications differ from SFC's.

I've also added entries to the ship list to cover things that aren't already in there and deserve a seperate enty.  These include standalone entries for the ships seen in TOS/TMP which I suppose I class as "Legends" (Enterprise, Excelsior, Reliant etc) and by removing them from the strings and shipname files stops them accidentally appearing again. The trouble with this of course is that I have 12 different Enterprises so I usually rotate between the Khaliban 1701, the Wicked Zombie 1701 and the P-81 1701 for TMP and the Lord Schtupp and Anduril 1701 for TOS.  Nobody has yet done a high res/poly Reliant yet so the P-81 one gets used and I always use the P-81 Excelsior (standard and Enterprise - B refit)

Not an exhaustive list by no means plus, I'll have forgotten loads of models that I've added....

Anyway, there you go
Sailors fighting in the dance hall, Oh man! Look at those cavemen go
It's the freakiest show
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy, Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show
Is there life on Mars?

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2004, 04:58:02 am »
Anybody have a link to where I could find Lord Schtupp's NCL? Never seen it, and it's not on his website(as far as I know, anyway).

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2004, 11:13:01 am »
Hi

If you mean the Dauntless/Surya class then it is on the cruisers page, just below the connie...

http://www.frost-works.com/schtupp/index.htm