Topic: Adding PF's Using ShipEdit  (Read 1977 times)

Offline chrisb

• Lt. Junior Grade
Adding PF's Using ShipEdit
« on: August 22, 2004, 11:07:20 pm »
I am trying to create the alternate version of the Federation Stellar Domination Ship and I am having trouble adding the PF's to it. I make the modification using the ShipEdit program and when I try to use it in the game everything looks good until I launch the PF's and nothing happens. I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: Adding PF's Using ShipEdit
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:19:54 am »
The Feds don't support PFs in SFC on their own. You have to "trick" the game a bit. Here's how I do it.

First, I move all the Lyrans above the Feds in the shiplist. You can use ANY PF race. (Lyran, Gorn, Rom) I'm just using the Lyrans in this example.
Then, copy and paste your specs for the Fed tender (F-SDA, in this example) into the lyran section and change the first 6 columns as I have here. I use SB (starbase) for the hull type as it won't show up in skirmish mode while looking through the Lyran ships. I seperate the hull types by size classes. I use BS for PF and FF, BT for CLs and CAs, and SB for DNs. By making it SPECIAL and restricted (R), it stops it from showing as a Lyran in campaigns. When you fly against it as an enemy ship it'll show as a starbase. I seperate the hull classes the way I do so you can tell what sizeclass ship you are fighting against.

• Lyran   SB   F-SDA   SPECIAL   637   R   

You must do the same with the PFs as well.

• Lyran   BS   F-PF   PF   25   NT

Keep them listed as you have them in the Fed section. Just copy them into the Lyran section (after moving it to the top of the shiplist) and make the above changes to the first 6 columns. I hope that helps.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline chrisb

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Adding PF's Using ShipEdit
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 10:18:21 pm »
Thanks allot for your help.