Topic: Project File can not be written  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Gold Hat

• Lt. Junior Grade
Project File can not be written
« on: September 06, 2004, 10:23:45 pm »
After installing the OP API 2.1 files (the "include" and the "lib" files to the VC98 "include" and Lib" folders ), copying the entire API folder to my work area (which I call SFCDEV), finding and copying the SFC2_Scripts_API.dsw to the scripts folder in my work area, and editing the registry; I open VC++ 6.0 svc pak 5 , then open a workspace (the SFC2_Scripts_API.dsw), I click on the create script icon I put on the toolbar, enter the type of mission, name it (the path shows up correctly) click create and I get the message "workspace file can not be created, changes to the workspace will not be saved".  Any ideas?  I appreciate any help in getting started, I think once I do I'll be able to get the tricks down---It's that first script that is a dusey!!!  Thanks in advance for any help given!
Gold Hat

Centauri Vaughn

Re: Project File can not be written
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 05:45:38 am »
Check to see if your .dsw workspace is set to "Read Only" by right clicking on it and selecting properties. If it is checked, uncheck it.

Offline Gold Hat

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Project File can not be written
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 08:55:15 pm »
It was set to read only, I am a little embarrassed tp not have thought of that.  I thank you for the hint, now I am gong to emerse myself om learning to script and I, very much, appreciate your time.  If I run into another question I will post it here.  Thanks and have an outstanding weekend!