Topic: Anyone know where I can get webspace?  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Brezgonne

• Lt. Junior Grade
Anyone know where I can get webspace?
« on: September 07, 2004, 10:22:13 pm »
I have a few pretty pictures I'd like to post (new all crystal Tholian ship among them) but I couldn't even get the new password to my own site before and it's apprently gone now.

Anyone know where I can post nifty looking things now so you folks can look at them?

I attached a image of the all crystal Tholian cruiser mostly to see how the attachment thing works.
----------------

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
Re: Anyone know where I can get webspace?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 10:36:32 pm »
My goodness... She's very beautiful, Breg.  I'm not being modest, I'm not expressing gratitude because of a habit... I'm expressing gratitude because I really appreciate the work you put into a Tholian vessel, and I am awe-struck at its vibrant colors and its beauty.  Very well done.

So what made you decide to post it here?  I'm asking because I figured you disappeared for possibly good, and am amazed to even find you here.  I really appreciate what you have done for the community and what you're doing now.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 10:39:48 pm »
Brez still has plenty to offer, and plenty want to see him back... for good. ;)

Besides, this game is kinda like motorcycling... once you start, it gets in your blood and stays there forever. You cant quit.

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 10:43:32 pm »
I guess you're right there.  I've been thinking of reinstalling SFC2 (right now I uninstalled it due to computer errors and in need of backing up data and possible reformatting or re-organizing data), OP or EAW I'm not sure.  SFC1 I might install too, for some nostalgia.  It's running in my blood, despite some errors from my semi-rebellious computer (various XP crashes).

Offline Brezgonne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 10:44:39 pm »
http://www.bozobits.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6098

I asked the same question over there and they said to come here hehe....

The attachment feature is pretty cool here. Wonder if it will let me post the AVI file that flies around the ship.

Oh.... the ship is about 400 polygons total so I suppose I probably can drop the thing into SFC2. I don't have OP though so I don't know what it will look like there.
----------------

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 10:49:54 pm »
The same thing Brez, both are virtually the same: Just that OP has one disc instead of two, and some more features, but that's it.

I've been considering a Pic space website called Photo Bucket, it seems to support image hosting, and is forum-friendly I guess. *shrug* Reccomended to me by a friend.

Offline Brezgonne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 10:53:38 pm »
Hm. Well I suppose it can't hurt to convert the model to SFC format. It looses all the flashy glow effects though.

Still; it's not bad I guees for an hour and a half's work or so.
----------------

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 11:07:11 pm »
Well, in a way you can add flashy glow effects to them in SFC3, it just seems that modding SFC3 is a little more difficult, and although the SFC3 models are compatible with SFC2, their hardpoints do not work in SFC2.  But there are glow features in SFC3.  I will say simply that I prefer SFC2/OP over SFC3, and like SFC1 for the sake of nostalgia, but I won't go into why I don't like SFC3 and prefer the other because I wish to not start an argument, but to state that you can make similar glowy effects for SFC3, however they might not be as what you wished.

Still... I enjoy your work.  Lets keep the thread on such subject.  I sort-of edited my message up there quickly to add a little reccomendation incase you missed that.  Just trying to help out in my own way.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 11:16:11 pm »
Great looking ship! I'm looking forward to seeing it converted and in game. They offer file hosting here for models. That could hold you over until you find a proper host for your work.

Good to see you back with us! :rwoot:
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 11:36:21 pm »
 :rwoot:

A Brez siting!!!

Even P81 posted here awhile back, seems everyone comes back now and then. Glad to see you Brez I hope you do get all your stuff back up always like Tholian ships. The game engine for SFC1-2 op caps out at around 17,000 or so but most computers can not handle it above 12,000, some of the older wons around 8,000 polies. Really comes down to what you are running the game on, and how many high poly ships load at once. the Taldren ships were 600-1200 polies so 400 is even below them, and for a 400 ploy ship in nthe rendering I would have never guessed that one.

Glad to see you back again.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 12:41:03 am »
Great to see you back Brezgonne! Holy moly, that ship is awesome! Do you have others?
Can we play with them too? ;D

Offline Sapharite

• El-Aurian
  • Lt.
  • Refit Yard Commander
    • Refit Yard
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 01:03:16 am »
She really kicks all your older models...  ;D Now she is most beautyfull Tholian model I've seen...  :o
Sapharite
=/\= Jimkirk =/\= (On Taldren Boards)
=/\= Kirk =/\= (Polish Division of the Starfleet)

Offline Brezgonne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 01:31:04 am »
I don't have any other new models that I can think of aside from maybe the Conquest and Xeon and last I knew you guys had seen those on the old Taldren board.

How do you like the hull texture on this ship? Better than the orange or crystal-orange of the older models?

Basicly if I'm going to convert it to SFC, hence loosing the glow effects and transpaniances, I need to know which textures you guys like and which you don't from this new model and the older ones.
----------------

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 03:20:37 am »
my god this is yust awesome and fits TMP or TNG era with this texture, the orange/brownish textures of your old models fit the TOS era the best

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 04:29:02 am »
Well Brez, if you'd like my opinion on the textures, I'd say keep 'em.  All of 'em.  I like how it is mainly blue and purple and very crystalline-like, to which I believed the Tholians's ships to be in the first place...  I always thought the mere fact that they were a sentient crystalline race would add to their uniqueness in the Star Trek universe (at least as far as the Milky Way is concerned), or the spinoff universe of SFB.

Another thing is that if others do not like it but some do, maybe you can backup textures or other originals and such?  Variety can probably attract more people Brez.  But view this as a suggestion you might or might not consider or something.  Again, helping out.

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2004, 04:53:02 am »
I'm not sure he has SFC3... But it is a plausible suggestion as I had brought up before in the thread.

Offline Brezgonne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 10:30:25 pm »
How is this for a SFC version? Personally I like the glowy one better but lemme know what you'd change on the SFC version.
----------------

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 11:35:51 pm »
NICE!

The whole crystal package deal with thols is all about eye candy. Wether or not its canon, the ship models need to inspire you. Thats the whole thing about the way certain races play in the game. Lyrans inspire with their ESG's, Miraks with their drone waves, ISC with their PPD's and all those races have distinctive looking ships. Thols need this kind of treatment. Gets me excited.

Nitpick:

I'm iffy about the purple, only because you and I spoke of it earlier. The purple does compliment the other colors tho. I detect a hint of fiery orange and crimson in the back... Impulse engines mb? Nice bright contrast to the other muted colors. Makes it stand out. I'd mb use this color on weapon hardpoints as well... A bit more of that color would spruce it up quite nicely.

Do the other models follow suit?

Offline Brezgonne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2004, 11:52:02 pm »
Aaaactually.....

the purple crystals change to basicly red crystals when you move the ship into the dark. And the Blue parts of the hull turn blue-red

I've got the destroyer basicly done. Not sure I'm happy with it though since it's bright yellow and green   :screwloose: :skeptic:

Basicly I'm following the spectrum pattern.

FF: Orange-Red
DD: Yellow-Green
CL: Green-Light Blue
CA: Blue-Purple
DN: Black-Purple
BB: Black-Black
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 12:02:40 am by Brezgonne »
----------------

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 01:15:33 am »
I think it looks really good. I also like the color spectrum theme.

Here's how I picture the Thol crystal ships. I see their ship construction techniques similarly to bio-ships, based on "growing" crystals like manipulating the DNA chain to grow bio-ships. Not making them out of naturally occuring crystals. Therefore, I think that they'd be perfectly shaped, symetrically perfect, engineered crystals. It's hard to tell from the one pic, but it appears to be asymetrical. Also I'd like to see definative weapon's hardpoints and engine inlets and outlets. Just my oppinion though, FWIW.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've come up with. The textures work great, for me. As well as the overall theme. 
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?