Topic: sharedd.lib not found while linking multiplayer script  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Gold Hat

• Lt. Junior Grade
sharedd.lib not found while linking multiplayer script
« on: September 11, 2004, 10:58:36 pm »
while building a multiplayer script I got sharedd.lib not found during the linking.  Anyone have an idea?  In all the scripting docs I've seen there is a lot on campaign and skirmish covered but I have not seen a really good description of multiplayer scripts; anyone have a good source for that.  Thanks in advance!

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: sharedd.lib not found while linking multiplayer script
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 01:30:30 am »
I can't answer your Q, sorry. I just wanted to cast my vote of support your way though for taking on scripting. Scripters are the shortest commodity here, IMHO. Rock on, man and good luck. I'm looking forward to trying out your work.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Centauri Vaughn

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 01:48:09 pm »
while building a multiplayer script I got sharedd.lib not found during the linking.  Anyone have an idea?  In all the scripting docs I've seen there is a lot on campaign and skirmish covered but I have not seen a really good description of multiplayer scripts; anyone have a good source for that.  Thanks in advance!

I take it your running Windows XP and building your script in "Win32 Debug". Either way you may want to try the following.

1. Open your Project Workspace.
2. On your VC++ IDE click on "Build" then "Set Active Configuration"
3. Select "WIN32 Debug".
4.  Click on "Project"->then "Settings".
5. On the "LINK" tab, select "Input" from the drop down menu.
6. Under "Object/ Library Modules" copy and paste over the following ".libs" in that edit box:

sharedr.lib scriptinterfaceR.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib dmp3d_MSVCR.lib sfcTiger_MSVCR.lib dmp3D_MSVCR.lib bugslayerutil.lib cryptlibR.lib

7. Build your entire .scr to check for link errors. If you do not get any errors set your "Set Active Configuration" for "WIN32 Release" and repeat the process starting from step 4.

The problem is that the correct lib directories do not get passed on when you create a multiplayer mission.
"sharedd.lib" does not exist thats why you get a link error.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 01:58:22 pm by Centauri Vaughn »

Offline Gold Hat

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 02:10:43 pm »
Looks like I probably overlooked something in the setup, I am now building and linking with no problem.  Thanks for the suggestions and on days I can script I am finding that 24 hours is not enough LOL, I have still quite a few things to learn but am loving it.

Gold Hat