Topic: ATTN: ALL!!! Taldren Community Awards!!! - V2 NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 20840 times)

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
Re: ATTN: ALL!!! Taldren Community Awards!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2004, 09:39:42 pm »
Okay guys, just to let you know, im going to be revamping the system. I feel it was sloppily executed with no real criteria - this much will be remedied...

Also for those who have personal sites, there are now going to be two images you recieve when you get a medal:

One is the Ribbon that you put in your signature - also there is going to be a cluster system: for example,

The Thompson award for the first time:

The Thompson award for the second time:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The Thompson award for the tenth time:

and also there is giong to be the actual medal, which you can download and palce on your own personal site
For example, the Thompson award:

I have also brought this to the Moderators attention, and hopefully it may be officially endorsed by the moderator.

hey bud ..  thoose are pretty slick

EXCELLENT !
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 11:24:21 pm by F9thOlbuzzard »
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2004, 10:55:38 pm »
hey guys these r fantastic awards lets just let me clear that out. its all a great idea. thanxs for mine so far. hopefully i will have plenty more to contribute soon. working on tutorials for SFC3 and many conversions for a few of or essteamed colleges here right now. so i havent had much time to release or make anything new of my own. not to mention the help on the gaming forums i do.  i just want to say to nominate everyone here for something.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2004, 11:36:51 pm »
It looks like I'm older than the pair of you......... I had a sobering thought the other day regarding age... I just got the Star Wars DVD set and realised that I'm older now than my MOTHER was when I first saw it....... 

Brez isn't talking sheer Physical age, cause there's a lot of people here physically older than us, and I think there's even one or 2 that can hit mine and Brez's combined age.

hehehe   shhhhhhhh   ( i wont tell if you wont there sonny !!!! )

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2004, 09:57:33 am »
Some Dynaverse awards would definitely be welcome. I suggest the following categories:

- Dynaverse server admin award, in recognition of significant contributions in either running or designing a dynaverse campaign (usually done by a team these days)

- Forum administrator award, in recognition of running forums and/or managing fleet communications for a Dynaverse campaign (usually the moderators or admins but also RMs as well)

- Fleet awards for participating in a Dynaverse campaign. The FPF already has a set of these awards, however we do not currently have the associated icons to go with them. These range from highest prestige, number of kills, etc.

- Mission scripters award, in recognition for creating mission scripts used either on GSA or a Dynaverse campaign.

- Technical support award, in recognition for outstanding contributions in technical areas of the game eg. SQL testing, decoding blob formats in the campaign flatfile, creating utlity programs, etc etc. (possibly already covered by the Sisco award but needs further clarification)

Hmmmm   what if we took this idea a step further.  There are serveral awards mentioned that cover this ..   but not necessaily in the "life time acheivment area" for those STILL ACTIVE

ie:

Life time achievement for out standing work in Scripting:

1.  Karnak
2. Tracy G

For outstanding achievements in total game Moding:

NannerSlug ( for GAW )

Outstanding lifetime achievements in modeling:

1.  P81
2.  WZ
3.  DD
4.  Red Dragon
5.  Others ...  I know there are seveal others here ...

Outstanding Life time achievements for RM's

1.  SSCF Hooch
2.  Dogmatix
3.  Jinn
4.  Blade

(I'm almost certain to be forgetting or misrepresenting something or some one ...  so please take this in light of what we are attempting to say here !)

please note Life time achievers should have at least 2 - 3 years with the SFC community ...  preferably (but not mandatory) in more than one SFC game.

At any rate ..  I leave th rest of this in the capable hands of those who know the community better than I do !!

Over all I think this is an excellent idea.

(sorry ..  spell check is not working right now !)
thanks

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2004, 10:13:04 am »
Going along the same line as F9thOlbuzzard how about one for the best newcommers

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2004, 01:45:29 am »
Buzzard you forgot Evil Dave, the first one to really take mission scripting to a whole new level

As for RMs

you forgot Gook
Pharoah
Scipio
Drall
and Capt. Jeff

as well as others I'm sure

P.S.  Jinn was never RM but deserves every award we can throw at him anyhow.

I would really like to see the D2 side awards for although I appreciate the efforts of the very talented modellers we have, it is the guys and girls that actually get on the servers and play that makes or breaks my SFC Experience.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2004, 05:58:43 am »
See the first post for an new list of Medals, plus what has to be done to get them. I took some ideas, sure, but i feel some would only serve to create an elitist feel.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2004, 07:52:00 am »
Buzzard you forgot Evil Dave, the first one to really take mission scripting to a whole new level

As for RMs

you forgot Gook
Pharoah
Scipio
Drall
and Capt. Jeff

as well as others I'm sure

P.S.  Jinn was never RM but deserves every award we can throw at him anyhow.

I would really like to see the D2 side awards for although I appreciate the efforts of the very talented modellers we have, it is the guys and girls that actually get on the servers and play that makes or breaks my SFC Experience.

Some of them I really did not forget...  I'm not sure what handle they are flying under now..  and I thought this was primarliy for those who were still here.

Any name not mentioned was not intentional ..  please believe me when I tell you this...  that is why I concluded the way I did..

Fury .. this is your project sir ..  I concur with what ever you ultimately feel is best.

thanks

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2004, 07:53:53 am »
A very good Idea this... and im sure is appreciated by all... nice work FOA ;D

Offline 111wallace111

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Pro Libertate
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2004, 08:10:10 am »
   You know I got several medals while i was in the navy. Most for doing nothing more than being on a ship for a few months and being able to do my job. I did get a couple for being in Beruit and being involved with "Operation Urgent Fury", but everyone who was anywhere near those places got medals for that.
   I guess I don't think that it's that important to be recongnized for my contributions. If the purpose is to help people get involved in the community then i say that this is a good idea. But really I don't build models for the purpose of being recognized for it with ribbons in my sig.  I build models for the purpose of making the game more enjoyable. I share the models because I think everyone should have the chance to make tha game what they want it to be. Really i'm more of a lurker than anything else anyway.
   And being old...., well I was in the navy during Beruit and the Granada thing so............

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2004, 08:46:37 am »
I like the new criteria, makes it actually feel like you've done something if you get one.

Small qvestion FOAS, For those awards based on numbers of releases - do you just say 'I've released X number of kitbashes' and get it?
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Brezgonne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2004, 07:49:05 pm »
by my count I've released about 107 models over the whole time I've been doing this.

Various Tholians in various versions, a dozen or so B5 ships, some Kzinti, some gorn, a fed or two, some Lyrans, some Orions, few andros, a few unique ships, ect

Sooo..... what does that translate into?
----------------

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2004, 08:01:42 pm »
That would be 5 Platinum crosses. or a platinum cross ribbon with 4 silver stars.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2004, 09:57:54 pm »
It would go to the people, not to the site.
Robinomicon

Offline Brezgonne

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2004, 01:14:23 am »
the actual ribbons and stuff seem to be gone from the first page
----------------

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2004, 04:11:35 am »
I know, i didnt upload the new ones yet.
Robinomicon

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2004, 09:33:18 am »
Ok I love this Idea.... I was about to sugest to our mod admin that we should do somthing simular for our next camp.... then I thought I should ask your permission first...

Would you mind greatly if I use this Idea for the next camp of our mod... If the answer is no then thats fair enough.. I will not mention it anymore... Just thought I would ask before I got accused of stealing an idea...

Thanks Fury ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2004, 09:36:26 am »
Ok I love this Idea.... I was about to sugest to our mod admin that we should do somthing simular for our next camp.... then I thought I should ask your permission first...

Would you mind greatly if I use this Idea for the next camp of our mod... If the answer is no then thats fair enough.. I will not mention it anymore... Just thought I would ask before I got accused of stealing an idea...

Thanks Fury ;D

To the idea, sure, go ahead.
If you want medals to be made exclusively, let me know, ill make em.
Robinomicon

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2004, 09:45:52 am »
Ohhhhh.... Thanks Fury.... That would be great.... Can I get back to you on this???

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2004, 09:47:14 am »
Yup
Robinomicon