Topic: Vigilant Class Schematics. Old Bussards Defiant Upgrade - img heavy but worth it  (Read 4777 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Thanks to Atolm for the drawings

Side

Front
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
Sweet looking ship. Cant wait to see this one modelled and textured. The Defiant needs a futuristic replacement I think.
// Darkthunder

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
WOW  :o

Az has done a great job on the brilliant work already started by Buzz.... great stuff!

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
WOW !!!!!

Azell  ...   your texturing concepts never cease to amaze me sir !!  I like it a lot .. 

I kinda like the pivoting nacelles ... 

Yours is obviously superior !!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
WOW !!!!!

Azell  ...   your texturing concepts never cease to amaze me sir !!  I like it a lot .. 

Not Superior just different.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
WOW !!!!!

aye not superior...just an interpretation...this is what I saw when I first saw your design Buzz
the ship looked like the nacelles could move...so I made them variable geometrical...I just had to tweak the concept a little...
I made the warp grill only on the ventral side, as the dorsal would have more armour when she was in a defensive/offensive mode
(the nacelles are angled downward in "fight mode"...and straight in "normal status" and low warp...and finally upward at high warp
because it seems that it is seemingly not only best configuration for Fed warp efficiency, but also the most classic...  ::) )
Think of it like an F-14 tomcat wing design...as the plane goes into a faster speed the wings automatically begin to increase their
sweep and small cannards begin to deploy outward...same as this ship as the Defiant goes into higher warp speeds, the nacelles
will increase their angle upward to improve warp effiency and stablization.

I couldn't have come up with that idea on my own...I needed to experience your concept for my idea to come into play
So thanks for the concept mate :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 11:00:04 pm by Azel »
All Things End

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
very nice collaboration guys- what now?

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
WOW !!!!!

aye not superior...just an interpretation...this is what I saw when I first saw your design Buzz
the ship looked like the nacelles could move...so I made them variable geometrical...I just had to tweak the concept a little...
I made the warp grill only on the vetral side, as the dorsal would have more armour when she was in a defensive/offensive mode
(the nacelles are angled downward in "fight mode"...and straight in "normal status" and low warp...and finally upward at high warp
because it seems that it is seemingly not only best configuration for warp efficiency, but also the most classic...  ::) )

I couldn't have come up with that idea on my own...I needed to experience your concept for my idea to come into play
So thanks for the concept mate :)

Thanks for the kind words Azel...  but the fact is your work IS far better.  And there is no shame in that.  Heck you are one of the best here !!  I see a lot of the way I USE to do things .. and MUCH MUCH more in your work.  I simply quit over 30 years ago.  My hands have became less adapt to doing this sort of work ..  and the mind (if not used, trained or allowed to express this sort of talent will simply loose the abilities it once had.)

So when I make that sort of statement guys ..  it really is not to review things in a poor or severely negative light ..  

It would be like me getting my hands on that 3-D program to build the wire mesh ... etc..  heck it takes time to learn these things !!  Again that is no disgrace !!

I thoroughly enjoy working with you guys !!!

oh and by the way ...  just to have a little fun with you guys ..  there is a difference between Bussard ...   and BuZZard

( no offense intended BTW ..)

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
All Things End

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
HOLY......!! ;D

Azel, Buzz, great work guys!! :thumbsup:
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
WOW you have done it again, build it quick.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
OMG do I faint now or later?.........Eh why wait "THUD"
 :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Azel

• Captain
  • Read Only
  • Lt.
  • Captain
THANKS!!!

I don't know who is going to tackle the the mesh though...
All Things End

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
BTW...  we BOTH forgot something ....  At least two forward and one rearward Q-torp tubes...

I focused so much on getting the overall hull right .. I forgot one of the most important things .   More than likely I'll add them to the pods below ...  on the outside edges of each of the twin deflector dishes.

thanks

Offline -LB-

• Death was only my Beginning.
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Lord Bile
    • Dark Realm Studios
F9thSochin

I JUST LOVE your banner!!!!

:o :o :o :o

Some things are destined for change...

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Bump from page 2
Robinomicon

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
Hey is anyone going to attempt to model this bad boy?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
I keep hoping WZ45 is gonna see this and want to do it.
Robinomicon

Offline Sochin

• Lt.
Hail WZ come on big guy look the beast over.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
Awsome. ;D