Topic: Palm 515 question  (Read 725 times)

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
Palm 515 question
« on: October 22, 2004, 04:47:35 pm »
I recently got a Palm 515 as a hand me down, which is a clear upgrade from my Palm 125, which has seen better days.  In any event, I have not been able to get the "new" palm to sync with any computer with the palm desktop installed.  I'm wondering why not.  Has anyone here seen something similar?  I've tried both macs and PCs to get this bad boy synced, but nothing I do works.  All that happens is I hit the hotsync button, it says it's syncing, but nothing happens on the comupter(s).  I'm thinking it's one of two things:  I need to install a speicalized copy of the same version of the palm desktop for each plam pilot, or there is hardware damage that will not allow it to work.
Any thoughts?
CK

But tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or fix this hole in a mother's son?
Can you heal the broken worlds within?
Can you strip away so we may start again?
Tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or cut this rope and let us run?
Just when all seems fine, and I'm pain free, you jab another pin,
Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline Harlax

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Palm 515 question
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 08:53:54 pm »
I have a 505.  Are you running XP and connecting through a USB port?  If so there is a patch/update for the Palm Desktop software that you will need to your Palm to communicate with your PC.
We have been told that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true.

- Robert Wilensky

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
Re: Palm 515 question
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 10:17:45 pm »
I'm running win 2kpro, win me and Mac OS X.  It won't work on any of these systems right now.  nhowever, the M125 does.  I am connecting with a USB serial, but I've never had problems connecting before like this with my 125.  is this a problem that happens with the 500 series?
CK

But tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or fix this hole in a mother's son?
Can you heal the broken worlds within?
Can you strip away so we may start again?
Tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or cut this rope and let us run?
Just when all seems fine, and I'm pain free, you jab another pin,
Jab another pin in me
-Metallica