Topic: Trek to make another Journey to Babel (UPDATE!)  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Trek to make another Journey to Babel (UPDATE!)
« on: October 23, 2004, 11:45:02 am »
From Trek Today

Interesting how last night's episode was an homage to "Amok Time," but a little more subtle.  This one is a little more blatant, although with the Romulans standing in for the Orions.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 12:42:16 pm by Rat Boy »

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Trek to make another Journey to Babel
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 11:55:03 am »
An addendum, and please feel free to take this with a grain of salt.  According to a email list of spoilers sent out by an insider (no, I'm not a member), there will be a scene where the Romulan ship is boarded by security officers and MACOS, and the casting sheet calls for several Romulans, including one named Valdore, an obvious homage to the warbird from Star Trek Nemesis.  Although there is no mention either way if the human boarding party gets a look at the Romulans, it is concievable that if they did, they would all either die before they revealed the truth or somebody decides to cover up the fact that the Romulans and Vulcans are identical, given humanity's latest xenophobia kick as seen in last night's episode.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Trek to make another Journey to Babel (UPDATE!)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 11:09:35 am »
Another report from Trek Web:

Another twist lies, however, as the villains from "Balance of Terror" are waiting in the wings. A Romulan Commander 'Valdore' rushes to make repairs to his damaged ship, the "pride" of the Romulan fleet (just as in the classic TOS episode starring Mark Lenard as the Romulan Commander). If they can't mount an acceptable defense, Valore will have to self-destruct his vessel to prevent its capture. He soon learns, however, that Trip and Reed (who somehow have made it aboard the Romulan ship) are sabotaging the vessel. Meanwhile, back on Enterprise, Shran himself has shown up to raise the tensions (and stakes) even further.

Hmmm, what if Valdore is Mark Lenard's character, only younger?  It certainly is possible, and given that Manny Coto enjoys continuity almost as much as we do, I could see it happening.

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 03:45:16 pm »
it is concievable that if they did, they would all either die before they revealed the truth or somebody decides to cover up the fact that the Romulans and Vulcans are identical, given humanity's latest xenophobia kick as seen in last night's episode.

That is, unless they go with big forhead ridge Romulans.  Ugh!

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 09:57:05 pm »
That is, unless they go with big forhead ridge Romulans.  Ugh!

Now that I doubt, given how much of stickler Coto is to canon, almost to the point where he's trying to tie every other minute of ENT to TOS.

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 01:43:09 pm »
I must say that I find it refreshing to finally have a fan at the helm of a Star Trek show after far too many years of B&B screwing with things. I'm glad that Mr. Cotto hit the temporal war reset button so that we can finally get back to a timeline with some semblance of the one we thought we knew for the birth of the UFP.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.