Topic: Question about shipnames in script files needed for a little mod im making  (Read 3257 times)

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
if the ships in the mission scripts are changed does it require to rewrite the whole mission or is it an easy job to do?
i ask because im working on a little "tmp era as canon as possible"-mod and id like to limit the mainships for every empire to a number of 5 to 12(+ Mk II, Mk III and Mk IV upgrades of every ship).
i know allot about editing shiplist , strings and textures and even a little kitbashing. this mod will contain no sotckmodels at all. and i hope i will be able to implement the sfc1 and d2mod musik i got on my harddrive.
all i need now are the missionscripts i have but without gsc,bcv etc variants.

a list of wich ships i plan to use for the mod(for now only the 3mayor empires. the mod will include tholians andromedans hydrans lyrans gorn isc and most of the pirate cartells - maybe will ad the teran empire as well):
(all ships wich were featured in the shows have additional versions of models with other hull markings)
FFF - oberth -FFF (USS Grisom Textures) ; FFF Mk.II ;FFF Mk.III (USS Ursus Textures)
FDD-salazar (saladin refit - will maybe replaced by the canon polaris class) FDD ; FDD Mk.II ; FDD Mk.III(USS Salazar Textures)
FCL-stingray (a mackie kitbash) FCL ; FCL Mk.II ; FCL Mk.III- III(USS Dopoe Bay Textures
FCM-mirinda FCL (USS Reliant) ; FCL Mk.II-III (USS Repulse)
FCA-Constitution Refit FCA (USS Enterprise) ; FCA Mk.II (USS Ticonderoga) ; FCA Mk.III (USS Enterprise A)
FBC-Constellation FBC ; FBC Mk II (both USS COnstellation)
FDN-Federation Dreadnought FDN ; FDN Mk.II (USS Starleague)
FBB-Excelsior FBB (USS Exclesior); FBB Mk.II (USS Oriskany) ; FBB Mk.III (USS Enterprise B - Refit model)
FCAR (R means Reverve Fleet here): TOS Constitution (USS Bon Homme Richard)
FDDR:Detroyat - maybe ill add the saladin intead of the Detroyat (USS Detroyat)
FCLR:Kearsage (USS Kearsage)
FTGR (means TUG - Reserve fleet) - Ptolemy Class
FFA: Lotusflower Class (would love to ad a sydney class too but from what i know there is no model available)
FFAR:Huron Class
FSH: Galileo shuttle from STV
FSHR:Galileo Shuttle from TOS
FFT: Valkyrie Fighter
FWB: Workbee
FWS: Surak Warpshuttle
FBS: Regula
FSB: Starbase from ST III
FFRD: Maya drydock
FDEF:Federation orbital station from Armada 2
KLP: Federation Science Station from Armada 2

Klingons:
K22: Bird of Prey (FF/DD)
KD5:D5 (CL/CM)
KD7A:Ktinga (CA/CC)
KC9:Suvwleque (BC/BCH)
KB10:Vodleh (DN/DNH)
KB11:Klingon D2 Battleship
K:D7:D7 Klolode (CAR)
KDDR:TOS Bird of Prey from TAS (FFR/DDR)
KFFA:Klingon Freighter (retextured armada2 model)
KSH: Klingon Shuttle from Klingon Academy (works as a fighter as well because it will be heavyly armed for a
shuttle)
KBS:Klingon science Station from Armada 2
KSB:Klingon Space Station from armada 2
KDEF: Klingon orbital station from Armada 2
KLP: Klingon Weapons Center from Armada 2

Romulan
RFF:Seahawk
RDD:White Wind
RCL:Winged Defender
RCA:Sparrowhawk
RBC:Killerhawk
RDN:Kondor
RBB:Melak
RKCA:Rom Ktinga
RKDD:Rom Brel
RRDD:Rom Bird of Prey
RRCA:Gallant Wing
RFA:got a model but i dont know the name or where i got it from
RSH/PF:Rom custom Shuttle mod for Klingon akademy - dont know the name
RBS:Talshiar center from Armada 2
RSB:Starbase from Armada 2
RFRD: Drydock from armada 2
RDEF:heavy weapons platform - dont know where i got it from

All models have modified textures so they fit into the look of the whole mod (all fed ships use p81 textures , roms use atrahasis textures or are retextured like ganymads firehawk)

A word about primary weapons:
Federation will use all phaser types except the gatlings
klinks use disrupters of the types 2,3 and 4 and retextured ESG lances (Klingon heavy disruptors)
Roms use the Heavy disruptor in relative low numbers.

most weaponse were renamed to fit better into the empires
Phaser 1 is now phaser Class VII for examle (primary ship phaser of the federation)
Phaser X is now Phaser Class VIII (primary weapon on the excelsior and user for Megaphaser Cannons)
and so on...

there are now designated X ships but every empire will have an advanced - very powerfull ship (excelsior for the feds, vodleh for the klinks , killerhawk for the roms etc.)

Do u think its worth the work? Could someone help me about the scripts?
Still have to get permission for some models.

have fun. ill go back to make some Terran empire Textures :)

ed :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 08:02:10 am by dogfighter »
your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
For the serverkit and most scripts to work well with your OP mod you'll need to have at least one ship of each class type available for all races in all eras the server runs. The scripts will only work with what you make available in the shiplist.

If you want to change the AI draw within missions you can tweak server difficulty, but to get exactly what you want you'll need custom scripts. Though I think you can get the effect you desire with careful mod and server configuration using stock missions.

Not sure that answers your question, but good luck and have fun with it! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
For the serverkit and most scripts to work well with your OP mod you'll need to have at least one ship of each class type available for all races in all eras the server runs. The scripts will only work with what you make available in the shiplist.

thats not the prolblem. lets take the klingons for example - the playable ships are the bird of prey, the TAS bird of prey, the D5, the old D7, the Ktinga, the warriors anger cruiser and the vodleh dreadnogught/bch.
all ships will have some variants(weapons will have only slight chanages for upgrades - an early design will carry dis1 while a late variant will have dis3 or esglances (klingon heavy disruptor in my mod) - rest of the upgrades will be systems like shild , labs , transporters and so on)
lets take the k22 brel class bird of prey.
K-K22A(year 0-18),K-K22A+(year 15-999) = Frigate
K-K22B(year 3-20),K-K22B+(year 18-999)=Destroyer
K-K22C(year 5-22);K-K22C(year 20-999)=Wardestroyer

the fbc(constellation) is used as a heavy battlecruiser and some variants will be carriers.

so u see what i have in mind. there arent thauseds of shipclasses but still every role is filled.

ed :)

your sssship iss ssssoft!