Topic: wanted: fed battle pod  (Read 12650 times)

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
Re: wanted: fed battle pod
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2004, 07:18:25 pm »
hmm I think I'll just put some new port-matched hogged out carbs on my Corvair for now.

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2004, 08:17:57 pm »
Quick, somebody alert Ralph Nader!  We must put a stop to this distraction!  ;)
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2004, 08:54:06 pm »
Masao once made a Pyotr Velikiy Marine Tug with the "Eagle's-head star" your describing LS.

http://www.starfleet-museum.org/pv-tug.jpg

I hope that helps some. :)

Speaking of which, Schtupp, I seem to recall you having a WIP of a Pyotr Veliky a long time ago.  You wouldn't by chance be interested in doing more SFM ships?  I'd love to see your take on a Lancaster.

Hey, speaking of SFM ships, I have a few "reworked" (ie more like the "Cage" Conny) wips that could help with a "Schtupped" version, or atleast act as a guidline for an altered version.

http://scn.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/,s,17910131,a,ga,ul,25210380763,ic,Y/ussvalleyforgewip_1.PNG
http://scn.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/,s,17910131,a,ga,ul,25210380763,ic,Y/ussvalleyforgewip_2.PNG

It's a bit farther along and I can produce more shots if you like. :)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline zerosnark

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2004, 10:52:12 pm »
)

One of the problems is deciding which UI to use, but I think Ill use the FCX one. I moved two torps to RA arc on the pod, and the tug will have two FA torps. The SSD has more weapons than I can put into this SFC model, so that has its own problems.

Pod: 4 Phot FA(2HP), 2 Phot RA, 4 Phas1 ALL, 2 Phas1 RX, 2 PhasG RX, 1 DrnG 3, 12 HVY fighters or 24 std ones.

Tug: 2 Phot FA, 2 Phas1 FH, 2Phas1 LS, 2 Phas1 RS, 2 Phas1 RH

Yea that should do it huh lol...

WOW! Talk about overgunned! Let's talk about the tug for a moment. . .First, I REALLY like the model you posted. I like the detal on the back of the saucer. But lets talk about the weapons: How does this TUG compare to a Surya type Starship?  The ones I fly have an almost identical weapons suite. And it looks like you have sensors for drones. . . right?

I actually like the concept: Just don't call it a tug. When seperated from a pod, this TUG would certainly have the firepower, *staying power*, and *cost* of  a Starship (light cruiser type). I would expect these ships would be assigned to Starfleet, and not to Transport Command. This class would be a logic followon class to the Surya types.

As for the pod: Yeah, 12 fighters is a bit more reasonable. The rear photons are very "non fed". What about a pair or quad of G-racks?

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2004, 02:26:18 am »
gee - so whut do i do?

you guys arnt buying my rockemsockem tug for your fleets or what?

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2004, 02:58:32 am »

As for the pod: Yeah, 12 fighters is a bit more reasonable. The rear photons are very "non fed". What about a pair or quad of G-racks?

the fed bb's got RA torps, but sure i like a pair of size g-racks as much as the next captain i suppose...

Yea I would only put 12 ftrs in this pod too, I just said 24 cause you kno maybe some fleets have small ftrs. they're exactly 10 meter doors so you could pack two BSG vipers in one bay but only 1 LS-type ftr.

WOW! Talk about overgunned! Let's talk about the tug for a moment. . .First, I REALLY like the model you posted. I like the detal on the back of the saucer. But lets talk about the weapons: How does this TUG compare to a Surya type Starship?  The ones I fly have an almost identical weapons suite. And it looks like you have sensors for drones. . . right?

There seems to be basically 2 different hulls for the Surya, the one i built  which is approx 15-20 meters longer than the other "true 1983 original surya design" so really my surya class isnt a true surya. Im glad I called it the Dauntless... Anyway I would basically consider mine a New Heavy Cruiser, and the true Surya a New Medium Cruiser, which I beleive debuted in SFB Expansion 3.

If Outalance uses this in a mod it would be for SFC3 so i would be able to get it to fire 2 torps out of 1 slot using the right officer so that might help for the ammount of weapons you want on it

Well sure, what did you have in mind?

Well, appropriate models for OP+ of course..
I do have CVA and CVL pods, but yours are fantastic. The CVA pod is for 24 fighters while the CVL sports 12.

But what I lack are battlepods, both the original heavy and light variants. The heavy pod has 6 photons and is for a standard tug like the Ptelomy. It makes the Ptelomy move like a slug (1.5 move cost, 1 for the pod alone) but it's worth it. The light version shouldn't affect the tug's move cost.

I liked the original design that looked like a torpedo. I could probably reproduce that shape, myself, but I kinda suck for textures.

I really only put those stats out there because thats how the model will be built and I can only have 5 hvys and 8 beam weapon hps too choose from cause the fed UIs suck bad, and also I dont do SFC3 - you guys can make the hps/stats for however you want. I built this pod like this because I was adressing some weak points I htought existed in the original  SFB SSD, of which there are many.  If I built a pod that was speced as the SFB one exactly, then it would be basically the front half of the current pod cause there is no way Im gonna build that "Cargopod with weapons on it". and I had intended to build the CVA and CVL pods like I said earlier.

I was thinking about hanging those new Phase 1b warps on this tug, that was really the original impetus behind building those new warps anyway
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 03:52:22 am by Lord Schtupp »

Offline zerosnark

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2004, 08:21:25 am »

And btw: I like the phase 1b warps on the Heavy Cruiser in your Sig. Do you have the model anywhere?

Regarding the Tug. .. yes, I would buy one. :)   It would be VERY useful in a fleet. Please release it :) -> both with and without pods :)

Given the firepower of the Tug (without pod), one would logically have a mid rank captain (rank of commander), similar to what you would give to a light cruiser (like the dauntless). What could a light cruiser do that this "tug" cannot do?

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2004, 11:05:18 pm »
U know, now this "creation" isnt Fed looking enuf to me, needs to be less steamlined looking to bring it that ole TOS Fed look to it. This doesnt have it - Whole thing needs to be redone, yep.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2004, 01:06:22 pm »
U know, now this "creation" isnt Fed looking enuf to me, needs to be less steamlined looking to bring it that ole TOS Fed look to it. This doesnt have it - Whole thing needs to be redone, yep.

NOOOOOOOO!!! ;) Why don't you just add the "experimental" nacelles to it? I think that it'll look cool, myself.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2004, 01:27:47 pm »
Lol Rod I shouldve been clear, I was really talking about the pod, Ill finish the tug with the 1b warps. Thanks Rod and Merry Xmas all... :D

Heavens Eagle

« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2004, 07:42:44 pm »
Very nice mesh.  I liked the original one and the extended is quite nice.  I can usually do the mesh part just perfectly.  The texture designs are what give me a ton of trouble.  It would be quite helpful for one of the better texture artists out there to do up a decent tutorial (with examples) on how they do the detail work on the textures.  (note I am not asking about how they are applied can do that quite well)

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2004, 01:40:02 am »
Im not gonna trash the mesh like I should; I just need to Fed it up a bit you know get my freak on

Always good to see heaven eagle; and I agree, the textures are really the key, 75% of the model as I was saying in another thread. Its why I have a dozen 95% meshed but mostly untextured models.

On the pod i think really the back half is the bad half - It just doesnt look TOS.
engines need to be pushed back a bit - I suspect that it might just improve warp field efficiency 8)

right now I am totally absolutely stuffed from xmas day - heavy breakfast - eating and drinking all day, big famly gathering, then - turkey and ham for dinner with pie, icecream - Im gonna barf i swear

Offline SSCF-LeRoy

• Kim's Clubhouse Painter
  • Lt.
  • Captain
    • SSCF.net
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2004, 04:21:22 pm »
Bump! ;D

Offline SSCF-LeRoy

• Kim's Clubhouse Painter
  • Lt.
  • Captain
    • SSCF.net
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2004, 09:47:36 am »
And the battle pod is rescued from page two once again ;D

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2005, 03:53:20 pm »
:bump:
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2005, 06:35:34 pm »
it takes 9 meter circle to turn an admin shuttle around, I figure that 9 meters  is absolute minimum for shuttle bay doors, these are 10. When I say 10 i mean 10.0000000 meters so no I dont think they are too big...

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2005, 10:33:44 am »
Bump back to pg 1