Topic: Roll Call!  (Read 10347 times)

Offline GDA-Kel

• Lt. Junior Grade
Roll Call!
« on: November 08, 2004, 08:16:46 pm »
All Fleets please post here if you intend to make a go of this new league format...

GDA is present and accounted for.
GDA-Kel
Gorn Dragon Alliance

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Roll Call!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 09:26:23 pm »
**Cough furr ball a-hum cough** FSD ready aye ready
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 09:40:48 am »
I can easily muster KHH.

Offline Toast

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 06:04:04 pm »
 ;D BOO hehe

Offline [ISC]Phaser

• Fleet Admiral
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • "Fire in the Bowl"
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 06:15:38 pm »
ISC  is in, but would like the PPD rule tweaked further for ex....the lead ship could only carry 2 PPD's as its limit while the other 2 ships may carry a single PPD totaling the max 4 PPD's or the lead ship may carry all 4 PPD's and the other's would not have none.Most of the time the TBPV prolyy wont be high enough to field all 4 PPD's but at least it may bring in more ISC fleets.Last cycle we had a new ISC fleet join up and as they put it the PPD rule nerfs the ISC race thus causing them to drop out early.We the InterStellar Centurions  didn't have any trouble with the PPD rule as we found out, but it did make for some long borring plasma ballet's...

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 07:17:49 pm »
.We the InterStellar Centurions  didn't have any trouble with the PPD rule as we found out, but it did make for some long borring plasma ballet's...

Keep in mind that my tongue is firmly placed in my cheek when I say this - BUT, it sounds like that you  just weren't able to kill your opponents as fast enough as would be your liking.

Not that GFL will necessarily come back now, but they had thought the original rule was ok, and supposedly would have stayed had I changed the PBR rule back immediately.

This isn't 'Jakle Leagues' anymore, but I will be somewhat restrictive on how PBR get's tweaked.  Regardless of what I think it should be done for this specific thing, well, as far as I am concerned, it's up to the group.  Let them decide. 

Offline Komodo

• Jack of all trades
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Just send me the bill...
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 08:03:50 pm »
Let it be known that 9th is interested, and is currently making evaluations. Is there something concrete to view on this?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 08:24:51 pm »
I think just the content of these forums.

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: PPD
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2004, 08:01:54 am »
I have no problem with the max 4 PPD rule.

Although this discussion should be in its own topic thread.

Offline [ISC]Phaser

• Fleet Admiral
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • "Fire in the Bowl"
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2004, 02:08:48 pm »
.We the InterStellar Centurions  didn't have any trouble with the PPD rule as we found out, but it did make for some long borring plasma ballet's...

Keep in mind that my tongue is firmly placed in my cheek when I say this - BUT, it sounds like that you  just weren't able to kill your opponents as fast enough as would be your liking.

Not that GFL will necessarily come back now, but they had thought the original rule was ok, and supposedly would have stayed had I changed the PBR rule back immediately.

This isn't 'Jakle Leagues' anymore, but I will be somewhat restrictive on how PBR get's tweaked.  Regardless of what I think it should be done for this specific thing, well, as far as I am concerned, it's up to the group.  Let them decide. 

yo jakle this has nothing to do with us wanting to be able to kill off fleets faster i was just thinking of other ISC fleets new to pbr but if you want to make this personal again np bro.. also if gz is dead than who made u lead admin again??

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2004, 03:53:54 pm »

This isn't 'Jakle Leagues' anymore, but I will be somewhat restrictive on how PBR get's tweaked. 

I think I stated quite clearly that I am not lead anything - or didn't you bother to read past my tongue in cheek comment?

PBR on the other hand - it's my right to apply some 'judicial review' on what goes into it or what changes there.  You guys can feel free to all decide to drop PBR if you like, whenever you like. 

Again, as I stated, I'll make the limit 4 if a couple more folks weigh in and say aye.  Is that so hard?

If it is, let me lay out a list of things that are hard...

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2004, 03:56:48 pm »
Kel - you might want to just start a new Roll Call thread  -  ::)

This one's hosed already - sorry

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 05:47:42 pm »
TSC has no problems with the 4 ppd total ruling.

TSC is going to put in a team, and hopefully, we will continue through the whole cycle.  WE have made it through 3 so far.

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2004, 08:20:24 pm »

That's BS they were just using that as an excuse.
Former Federation A/RM SFC2.NET
Former Federation RM SFC2.NET
Hydran A/RM LB4
Interim Federation RM GW3
Federation RM GW4

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2004, 08:28:42 pm »
PBR on the other hand - it's my right to apply some 'judicial review' on what goes into it or what changes there.  You guys can feel free to all decide to drop PBR if you like, whenever you like. 

I'm sorry ( and I don't intend any offense by this) but, I have to disagree with you on this point.  Although I appreciate your contributions in the past this is a new league and unless you are stepping up into an admin role (PLEASE don't unless you intend to fulfill your admin commitment until the end of the cycle) here then I don't think you have any more rights than that of any other player or fleet leader does.

Hydran A/RM LB4
Federation RM GW4

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2004, 03:45:15 am »
I beleive Jakle just trying to help construct the new league as all of us that r posting in this forum trying to do.
I see everyone trying to contribute each with his own perspective.
Jakle can be responsible for explanations of PBR rules and i think thats what he is willing to do as for changes in PBR rules or any other rule developent the best is to just have the fleet leaders to vote when we ll have all of them sign up.
I dont beleive this is someones league ,we all of us ofcourse appreciate the founder of these forums for hosting the league and we should at least have to keep them clean to thank him, however if we should have admins for the league i suggest 1 admin from each fleet.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 04:34:08 am »

Btw Jakle if u really want to contribute in this new league ,wich im sure u r trying to do, i suggest u leave behind your  personal issues with ISC cause its not the right time or the right  place.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2004, 03:20:44 pm »
I'm sorry ( and I don't intend any offense by this) but, I have to disagree with you on this point.  Although I appreciate your contributions in the past this is a new league and unless you are stepping up into an admin role (PLEASE don't unless you intend to fulfill your admin commitment until the end of the cycle) here then I don't think you have any more rights than that of any other player or fleet leader does.

I don't take any offense by it.  I will take the opportunity to clarify my stand on PBR: 

I look at PBR no different than Firesoul looks on OP+ (even if it is FAR less important).  Firesoul takes input - but he has a guiding philosophy.   If that input doesn't gel with the guiding philosophy, he doesn't apply it.  Same goes with me.

I am not some organ grinder monkey who will slap in whatever goofy crap people want to say should be added or removed from PBR - whether everybody agrees to it or not.  If you all want something that I don't think should be added or removed, feel free to copy everything, change it how you will and host it elswhere. 

Just do me the same curetesy that Morph gave FS and change the name of it when you do it. 

That's what I mean by Judicial Review of PBR.  Now, obviouosly I am willing to be flexible (the PPD thing for instance).  But for the record, I reserve the right to draw the line.

As for every other thing here - I am along for the ride and will keep my mouth shut

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2004, 05:19:58 pm »

I don't take any offense by it.  I will take the opportunity to clarify my stand on PBR: 

I look at PBR no different than Firesoul looks on OP+ (even if it is FAR less important).  Firesoul takes input - but he has a guiding philosophy.   If that input doesn't gel with the guiding philosophy, he doesn't apply it.  Same goes with me.

I am not some organ grinder monkey who will slap in whatever goofy crap people want to say should be added or removed from PBR - whether everybody agrees to it or not.  If you all want something that I don't think should be added or removed, feel free to copy everything, change it how you will and host it elswhere. 

Just do me the same curetesy that Morph gave FS and change the name of it when you do it. 

That's what I mean by Judicial Review of PBR.  Now, obviouosly I am willing to be flexible (the PPD thing for instance).  But for the record, I reserve the right to draw the line.

As for every other thing here - I am along for the ride and will keep my mouth shut

Cool, thanks for the clarificatation Jakle! :)
Hydran A/RM LB4
Federation RM GW4

el-Karnak

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2004, 12:51:49 pm »

That's BS they were just using that as an excuse.

Since when have you become a mind-reader on this issue?  If you have questions, in addition to the ones that you already asked in D2 forum, then you are very welcomed to ask them from me, the GFL fleet leader for GZ League, anytime you wish.

First of all, GFL had all matches scheduled right up until the end of the cycle in Jan/2005, we showed up for every match scheduled, and played within the rules (including the ones we had to learn on the fly cuz we are newbies to this GZ League format).  Then we hit the just-discovered, for us anyway, PPD rule bump in the match against the 9th fleet.  Overall assessment on our side was although it really did not hamper ISC ships' ability to fight, as stated by the ISC fleet and a little less diplomatically by Corbomite, it does smack of racial profiling, so to speak.  So, we decided to ask for a PPD rule change and see how it went. If Jakle made the change then we would have continued.

Then, a few days later, we heard GZ league was shut down and that rendered the PPD rule debate moot for us cuz we thought there was no chances of any more matches being played.

Bottom-line, in the actions speaks louder than posts dept.,  by majority vote of the fleets in this forum,  the PPD rule change that I first proposed (ie. max 4 PPD  general assignment for 3 ship fleet) was made which is the one we thought was originally in the PBR when we first joined.  Obviously the change was warranted.

Regarding future GFL participation in a new startup league. It is out of my hands cuz, during the down-time when the league shut down,  I find that I am no longer interested SFCOP game in general, be it Dyna or GZ play, and have been hooked on another game.  You'll have to propose it to another GFL OP player and take it from there.  You could try talking to Bos'n.

I would like to thank Jakle for taking the initiative in coming up with a new PPD rule and achieving a consensus on it.  :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 01:43:40 pm by el-Karnak »

Offline GDA-Kel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2004, 03:41:35 pm »

Regarding future GFL participation in a new startup league. It is out of my hands cuz, during the down-time when the league shut down,  I find that I am no longer interested SFCOP game in general, be it Dyna or GZ play, and have been hooked on another game.  You'll have to propose it to another GFL OP player and take it from there.  You could try talking to Bos'n.

I'll certainly bring it up with Bos'n. I see him on GW4 regularly.  A committed GFL fleet for the Spring season would be a good thing, I think.

Good Luck in your future gaming, Karnak.  Stop on by from time to time.  Maybe the OP source code will be released at some point, which would open up all new gaming possibilities :)

GDA-Kel
Gorn Dragon Alliance

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 05:19:27 pm »

Maybe the OP source code will be released at some point, which would open up all new gaming possibilities :)

like what possibilities for future sfc-op gaming????please splain lucy  :)

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2004, 05:09:33 pm »

Maybe the OP source code will be released at some point, which would open up all new gaming possibilities :)

If the source code is released then the door is opened for many different kinds of modifications to the game.  It could be the begining or the end, double-edged sword?  You decide.  ;)

like what possibilities for future sfc-op gaming????please splain lucy  :)
Hydran A/RM LB4
Federation RM GW4