Topic: What do we need? What do we have?  (Read 4327 times)

Offline GDA-Kel

• Lt. Junior Grade
What do we need? What do we have?
« on: November 08, 2004, 08:27:21 pm »
Could we please post in this thread all 'mechanisms' that we have in place and that we need to make a divisional league happen over here in D.net?

We have complete PBR matrices for all races.  Jakle has said the ISC PPD rule needs tweaking.  What specifically needs to be done? 

We have some sort of mechanism available to us on Gamespy.  Phaser and Jakle have apparently configured it.  What exactly does that give us?  Sorry...I haven't been over there yet.

Do we have a random battle generator that gives (1) era, (2) terrain, and (3) total BPV?

We can use the PM mechanism here or simply create a thread for each match, such as 'GDA vs SOV, Week #1.' 

We can sticky a thread with current divisional standings. 

What else?

GDA-Kel
Gorn Dragon Alliance

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Re: What do we need? What do we have?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 09:09:14 am »
My understanding of the ISC PPD tweak to the PBR rules is to allow a 3 ship fleet a total of 4 PPDs as opposed to 1 ship with a PPD only.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 09:43:22 am »
My understanding of the ISC PPD tweak to the PBR rules is to allow a 3 ship fleet a total of 4 PPDs as opposed to 1 ship with a PPD only.

Close.  It's the original rule, which allows a single PPD on another ship in addition to whatever the 'lead' ship carries.  I think with the exclusion of Advanced Era ships, that makes the max 5

I can and will make those updates.  The posted Rule and Matrix links don't need to ever be changes, as I upload the new version to the same link everytime

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
TBPV Ranges
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 10:00:41 am »
I believe they were:

Early 250-500
Mid 300-600
Late 300-700
Advanced 300-800 (again, advanced being the inclusion of the Late era X1 ships, actual Advanced era ships being verboten)

In terms of terain, all were used equally except Nebula and Ion Storm.  I never allowed those two.

In cycle 3, I began to 'manipulate' the RBG outcomes, since it was not evenly distributing Era's.  For Cycle 3, each of the 3 games was one Early, one Mid and one late or advanced.  Of course the order they were played in varied.

For Cycle 1, there was no RBG, so I actually pulled out some old D&D dice (these things were literally 20 years old), set up some parameters and rolled them out for each weeks settings.  For cycle 1, the BPV ranges were 300-600, so I selected 3 different colored dice, each to represent a different number (hundreds, Tens, ones).  a 1/2 was 300, 3/4 was 400, 5/6 was 500.  Tecnnically, the highest number possible was 599.

The trick is to just come up with some TBPV's, some odd, evenlly spaced junk.  Pull some terms together, stand back and look at them ans say "does this provide variety throughout the cycle?"

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
GSA Arena
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 10:04:34 am »
I need to actually go back and look at it.  I believe ISC and TSC set themselves up there, so now I can go back and try to get a better feel for how it works.

To be honest, I am thinkgint the Arena isn't really even necessary, especially if this is just a small group (6-8 teams).  If we use it then , you still have the problem where one guy is responsible for it, and if they drop off the face of the planet, you are all screwed.  let me take a hard look at it and I'll give you some advice

Offline [ISC]Phaser

• Fleet Admiral
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • "Fire in the Bowl"
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 05:52:02 pm »

i like this tweak better then what jakle proposes...