Topic: D.net Season #1  (Read 6823 times)

Offline GDA-Kel

• Lt. Junior Grade
D.net Season #1
« on: November 08, 2004, 08:52:45 pm »
I will offer to administer the inaugural season #1 of the D.net Divisional League (or whatever you want to call it). 

I will work to set up a schedule with battle terms for each match.  If we can get 6 or 8 total fleets to participate, I propose the following:

Regardless of # of fleets, TBPV, terrain, and era will be predetermined before league kickoff.  These 3 variables will NOT be linked in the traditional sense.  Fleet must fly using all variables during the season.  Explanation to follow... 

League of 6 teams:
1.  Two divisions of 3 teams each
2.  Each team plays a total of 7 matches (each team within division 2 times, fleets in opposing division once each). 
3.  All teams go in one playoff bracket.  Top two teams get 1st round bye.  Similar to NFL format. 
4.  Each team gets 3 home matches, 3 away matches, and 1 match at a neutral site.

League of 8 teams:
1.  Two divisions of 4 teams each
2.  Each team plays a total of 10 matches (each team within division 2 times, fleets in opposing division once each). 
3.  All teams go in one playoff bracket.  Seeds are based on divisional standings and then total record.  Seeds are 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7 and so on.  Similar to NCAA basketball.     
4.  Each team gets 3 home matches, 3 away matches, and 4 matches at a neutral site.

Match terms are determined by each fleet choosing a parameter based on home and away.  For example, let's assume GDA is playing 'at' KHH.  KHH is the home team.  It gets to choose a match parameter first.  Let's say it chooses a TBPV (425) from the pool of TBPV's.  GDA chooses next.  It can choose terrain or era.  It chooses era (Late).  KHH finishes the match parameters by choosing terrain (open).  A fleet cannot choose a parameter that is not available to the opposing fleet.   

In a 6 team league, there will be 21 TBPV's, 21 era's (5 early, 5 mid, 5 adv, 6 late for example), and 21 terrain types (10 open, 5 asteroids, 5 planets for example). 

All fleets must fly all TBPV's, terrain, and era by season's end.

Get it?

Any thoughts...suggestions?

Will this fly? 

GDA-Kel
Gorn Dragon Alliance

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: D.net Season #1
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 09:38:13 pm »
By Kel
I will offer to administer the inaugural season #1 of the D.net Divisional League (or whatever you want to call it). 

:notworthy: Thanks Kel for taking the initiate. I like your idea. How will we keep track of what ones we use up week to week for each fleet? Not sure if this is all done via these forums or there is something else.

Perhaps like the post reports we were doing at least one team has to report the conditions used, and they have to remove them from their master list so the other fleets can compare to maintain the level good.  :police:
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 01:06:16 am »
 :'(    ;)      :D     :-*

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 07:47:51 am »
Good idea, but too much record keeping.

Just post each weeks TRBG, era etc.

I wouldn't mind just having one division. Play each team twice.
Or if large enough each team once. Top 4 teams to playoffs.

We need to get teams that are going to play.
I would rather have a division of 4 good teams, that show up and are ready to play then all this forefitting and dropping out.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 09:16:47 am »
Good idea, but too much record keeping.

Just post each weeks TRBG, era etc.

I wouldn't mind just having one division. Play each team twice.
Or if large enough each team once. Top 4 teams to playoffs.

We need to get teams that are going to play.
I would rather have a division of 4 good teams, that show up and are ready to play then all this forefitting and dropping out.

I agree with Nomad, just predetermine the terms, with a different set each week. Keep it to one division if under 10 teams or less. Top 4 teams go to the playoffs, 1st vs 4th place and 2nd vs 3rd place for the first round. K.I.S.S.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 09:24:55 am »
I strongly agree with u Nomad we do need to get teams that are going to play even if we r gonna have a league with low quantity of fleets.
So what we have ? I beleive  KHH , GDA , ISC , 9th , FSD  and SoV r fleets that r interesting to continue playing the PBR divisional league and most of all r trustworthy that will keep their commitement to the league.
However there are also FPF and  TSC that kept their commitement to the league in the past but im not sure if they want to participate now(i hope they do).
So we can have a league of at least 6-8 fleets to begin and be sure that we ll finish.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 10:02:03 am »
You got the right idea Kel.  I posted something about match terms in your other thread.  You should just come up with some stuff yourself.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 12:11:51 pm »
Um, forgive my stupidity, but is GZ officially dead?   is the cycle done and we're starting over?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 12:48:37 pm »
Um, forgive my stupidity, but is GZ officially dead?   is the cycle done and we're starting over?

Looking pretty dead, going to start anew.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 01:03:24 pm »
Sorry DH - I know you FPF guys wanted to wrap it up, but it was just disintergrating.

My hope is that interested parties can put their energies into here instead of wasting them there.

Offline GDA-Kel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 02:03:44 pm »
With 8 committed fleets, I am leaning towards two divisions of 4 teams each.  Each team plays the other 3 teams in their division twice and the four fleets in the other division once each for a total of 10 matches. 

Playoffs to be determined....

Match terms to be published prior to league start for all matches.  Match parameters to remain the same as Cycle #3. 

Sample posts for (1) League Standings, (2) individual fleets, and (3) each match will be forthcoming within days. 

Looking at the calendar, a last week in November kickoff may be best, after the US Thanksgiving Holiday weekend.  Plus, GW 4 will be over by then.       

Using the KISS formula here folks....

GDA-Kel
Gorn Dragon Alliance

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 02:51:36 pm »
was going to say keep it 1 division, but with the inter division play this sounds cool.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Ronin

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • sub·ter·fuge (sub-tr-fyooj) - Romulan foreplay
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2004, 04:20:47 pm »
<S> Kel... thanks for stepping in and stepping up. No matter how you decide to put it together =SoV= will be there. And we as a group will do our best to help make things as easy as possible for you and the others who are trying to get this off the ground in the future; including policing ourselves here on these forums. If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Respects...
"Flying Romulan takes cunning. You either have it... or you die."

In The Beginning -- An unfinished fictionalized account of events surrounding the old Starlance League.

Offline 2Hot2Handle

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2004, 04:35:23 pm »
   :police:  :-X

Offline Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Get In My Belly
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2004, 05:18:33 pm »
 :iamwithstupid: :lol: