Topic: Rule change suggestion  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Nomad

• Lt. Junior Grade
Rule change suggestion
« on: November 10, 2004, 09:44:47 am »
You only need one member of the fleet to fly a match. At least one person in match must be on fleet roster (Subject Fleet Post). This person may recruit any others from GSA. Only players from opposing fleet are excluded. 
Rational: This way we have a better chance of having a 3v3. I never really care if any of the persons are in your fleet. I just want to fly the game.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Rule change suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 11:41:58 am »
I only want to fly the game as well bro but thats not a good solution.This is fleet vs fleet league if we do what u said then it would be a real chaos league.
However if everyone agree we could just let the one person on the fleet roster to be able to recruit only mercs from gsa.
Finally i think if the 6-8 known  fleets r gonna sign up for the new league we will hardly experience any problems of not be able to play 3v3.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 05:43:12 pm »
A possible suggestion, for those teams that get stuck with only 2 pilots, is that they be forced to take 3 ships, meeting the PBR requirements.   This would mean that one of the 2 must take 2 ships and control both.  This is harder for that team to do, rather than fly a 2v2 or 2v3.  The team with the 3 pilots gets the advantage of having 3 pilots for 3 ships.  This may be a better solution for when a team, or even 2 teams, show up with only 2 pilots.    It would also mean we would not need to "borrow" other pilots.

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 06:42:04 pm »
I like Dfly's suggestion   ;D
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 08:41:40 pm »
A possible suggestion, for those teams that get stuck with only 2 pilots, is that they be forced to take 3 ships, meeting the PBR requirements.   This would mean that one of the 2 must take 2 ships and control both.  This is harder for that team to do, rather than fly a 2v2 or 2v3.  The team with the 3 pilots gets the advantage of having 3 pilots for 3 ships.  This may be a better solution for when a team, or even 2 teams, show up with only 2 pilots.    It would also mean we would not need to "borrow" other pilots.

I like this idea, I don't like the other idea of allowing just anybody fly, if they aren't on your fleets roster then they shouldn't fly in a league mathch IMO.
Former Federation A/RM SFC2.NET
Former Federation RM SFC2.NET
Hydran A/RM LB4
Interim Federation RM GW3
Federation RM GW4

762_XC

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 10:00:47 pm »
What Bach said. No ringers please.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 08:56:07 am »

Ditto, to the Ditto of the Ditto. So what Dfly said.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004, 09:14:08 am »

Ditto, to the Ditto of the Ditto. So what Dfly said.

Errrrmmmm... Yup!

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2004, 10:33:15 pm »

I love this idea.  Didn't really care for the merc concept...but it was intended to allow 3v3s to actually occur which is a good thing. 

Dfly's suggestion would mean no matter how many show, 6 ships will fight.

Offline 2Hot2Handle

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2004, 05:33:11 pm »
Yeah I have to agree 3v3 graranteed is nice as long as one player shows up. I dont agree with the no fleet members though I think they should just take 3 ships.