Topic: Donation of a Challenge League  (Read 20755 times)

Offline 2Hot2Handle

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Donation of a Challenge League
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2004, 05:59:09 pm »

I find it funny how any time some one or group of people decide to do some thing a certain way in some ones eyes they are dictators.

I was a dictator I was blamed for the fall of EAW by many. Jakle stepped up to the plate and worked his butt off to revive a dieing game ( speaking strictly about activity on GSA that is). He did so with refreshing new ideas and bold moves away from norm. that we all had grown so tired of. He also accomplished bridging the gap between D2 players and Ladder players. This its self was no small task do to the years of animosity between the two groups.

It makes me sick to my stomach to see people bash the people who have invested so much of their time or in mine and especially Whoo's place money. There are allot of people who spent thousands of of man hours and large sums of money to keep this game going for the love of the game and the people who played it.

Has Jakle's attitude towards some people changed ? Yep sure has. Like every lead admin before him he worked his butt off and received constant reticule and harassment from those who disagreed with him.

But let us look at the facts allot of other peoples attitudes have changed as well. I remember being in iCoP with Phaser and Ronin when I was running the ladder league. We were the only ones who wanted to change. Phaser was a strong supporter and extremely tactful in his persuit for change. I like Phaser and consider him a friend but for the last 9 to 10 months his tactfulness has gone out the window.

Then along comes a bunch of newer players not new but newer then some of us who have played since the early days of SFC1 with their boasting and disgusting bashing of peoples skills. People talking of how they are one of the greatest to ever play the game. Do not come to a community of players who have been together for years and bash them and not expect people to respect you and your bantering. People will lash out and will return your attacks.

As for Morph I won't spend much time on the subject as I do not believe it deserves much. As many already know his past has a proven record. He lies he cheats and he steals.

" Let he with out sin cast the first stone "
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 06:22:47 pm by 2Hot2Handle »

Offline Morph

• The God of Dreams
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Gamers for Gamers
    • World Gaming League Network
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2004, 07:12:53 pm »
once again another GZ reject looking to justify himself:
I find it funny how any time some one or group of people decide to do some thing a certain way in some ones eyes they are dictators.
I see he don't practice what he preaches.

It makes me sick to my stomach to see people bash the people who have invested so much of their time. There are allot of people who spent thousands of of man hours and large sums of money to keep this game going for the love of the game and the people who played it.

So I guess he thinks GZ is the only people that put alot of time in.

Then along comes a bunch of newer players not new but newer then some of us who have played since the early days of SFC1 with their boasting and disgusting bashing of peoples skills. People talking of how they are one of the greatest to ever play the game. Do not come to a community of players who have been together for years and bash them and not expect people to respect you and your bantering. People will lash out and will return your attacks.
Once again needs to practice what he preaches.

As for Morph I won't spend much time on the subject as I do not believe it deserves much. As many already know his past has a proven record. He lies he cheats and he steals.
Then in closing you can't forget the Slam Dunk!  ;D

Look people so far its been nothing but GZ people bashing the offer. Hey lets face it... They shut down the SFC2 Lobby, They Quit the OP lobby, now left you hagging with the PBR. I may have some people that really dislike like me, but I have been around alot longer than all of the Leagues and will continue to be a presence in the gaming Industries. After a while you get use to seeing people like the GZ group bash you on every avenue just to think they have control. Sooner or later these people will dwindle away and the rest of us gamers can get back to developing and have funny doing what we love to do with out the bother of opening a forum and seeing the same people cursing every post you make.

So you people at what was known as GZleagues need to get back on the porch and let the people willing to continue even through hard times supply what you failed to do on many attempts.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 07:41:56 pm by Morph »

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2004, 07:17:12 pm »
Just a Warning, Let's not make this Personal. Personal atacks will Lock this thread really quick.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Morph

• The God of Dreams
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Gamers for Gamers
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2004, 07:27:36 pm »
I believe the posts in this thread speaks for them self Stephen. This post started as a gesture to help the PBA. Thats it! There are a certain 3 people doing the slurring.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2004, 07:27:57 pm »

Kroma If these forums r only for flaming each other here and telling people to go eat sh*t and die then im sure i dont want to be a part on this.This is turning to a crap thing.
I hope u  all have fun.

It was a joke Butcher, I was trying to lighten the mode.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2004, 07:35:20 pm »
I believe the posts in this thread speaks for them self Stephen. This post started as a gesture to help the PBA. Thats it! There are a certain 3 people doing the slurring.

Understood Morph.

Let's just Keep It friendly Everyone.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline 2Hot2Handle

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2004, 07:41:48 pm »
once again another GZ reject looking to justify himself:
I see he don't practice what he preaches.

It makes me sick to my stomach to see people bash the people who have invested so much of their time. There are allot of people who spent thousands of of man hours and large sums of money to keep this game going for the love of the game and the people who played it.

So I guess he thinks GZ is the only people that put alot of time in.

Once again needs to practice what he preaches.

Look people so far its been nothing but GZ people bashing the offer. Hey lets face it... They shut down the SFC2 Lobby, They Quit the OP lobby, now left you hagging with the PBR. I may have some people that really dislike like me, but I have been around alot longer than all of the Leagues and will continue to be a presence in the gaming Industries. After a while you get use to seeing people like the GZ group bash you on every avenue just to think they have control. Sooner or later these people will dwindle away and the rest of us gamers can get back to developing and have funny doing what we love to do with out the bother of opening a forum and seeing the same people cursing every post you make.

So you people at what was known as GZleagues need to get back on the porch and let the people willing to continue even through hard times supply what you failed to do on many attempts.

LOL

ok your first Quote hmm what is your point ? Did I acuse some one of being a dictator?

Quote #2 I have never bashed you for your work. I have even told you good luck with your endevors on many ocasions. I will openly say you have spent large amounts of time invested in this game and community. What your motives were is the only thing I question.

Quote #3 I have no idea where you were going with that one.

So please keep claiming how I shut down the SFC2 lobby, and we quit the OP lobby. What happened to WGL's support of the SFC Games ? I do not blame you for the fall of any game or league. The player base was just not there any more. I guess we could have just shut the doors like some others and never offered any support in another direction for the players who do remain in the lobbys.

Morph offers you a product for free and for this he should be comended for the offer. I never claimed it was a bogus or should not be considered. I apologize to any one who may have concived it as being so. I was just simply stateing my personal opinion. So if I offened any one please accept my apologies.

The controling dictator of SFC.

Offline Morph

• The God of Dreams
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Gamers for Gamers
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2004, 07:50:35 pm »
umm did you read stephens post? Lets keep it civil and leave the past where it belongs. Since your leagues are gone people are going to need a system to match on and to keep track of stats and fleets which is done all by db.

You have seen my leagues and know they have the capability to accoplish alot more then what some of the other leagues have. I personaly think they are the most advanced leagues system on the internet.

So if we can set aside our personal feelings towards each other and look to better the community by providing what we both set out to do in the first place:
A better gaming community

We can let the people decide for themself their course of action.

Offline Mellow

• Ensign
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2004, 08:04:02 pm »
Over the years I have seen several Leagues come and go, and I have noticed that with each league coming and going people dropped from the lobby. Then not to mention when the lobby was split because someone thought that another game was better and moved the league there, that again more people left. Now the game is scraping to carry 100 people and if you are lucky maby there will be 30 of them in the lobby at the same time.

I think it is time to stop all the bickering, and just work together and try to make the game a success or maby help make other games a success, I actually don't believe that SFC 2 hsa a chance of coming back now, but that does not mean that for future games, leagues can't work together.

Just because someone has a league in a game does not mean they own that game. I think that if two leagues can work together in a sense and maby offer two different challenges to the gamers or features, then the gamers would be alot happier and most likely the lobby would grow.

I hope that in the future if two leagues are in the same lobby and game that they can work together to figure out a way to make the gamers get all that they can get, instead of flaming in the lobby and attacking people verbally to try to make them look bad.

I am not posting again, for I hate forums, I just wanted to speak my mind here, I mean, I quit the game cause I got tired of all the slamming in the lobby....

Peace all
Mellow

Offline Gendo

• Ensign
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2004, 02:07:08 am »
Holy ego's

I have a plan, why don't we all just "Shut Up!!" before we ruin another cycle......or even worse........ ruin any possible future of this game for everyone.

Now U can ALL rot

With that out of the way, I was going to mention to everyone an idea.  I was thinking on getting something like pbrleague.com and setting up a site.  Is this something that can help, or is it a waist of money. 

I'm directing this at everyone so they can voice an opinion.  Not an opinon on who they want to fight this week...........an opinion on how we can SAVE this GAME.  In a way I'm almost at the point of throwing in the towel and saying who cares, obviously they can't get along.

If you all want, I'll buy the domain and give you some webspace that I'm not using right now if you all want it.

EDIT: Spelling

Offline 2Hot2Handle

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2004, 01:47:17 pm »
I think that is a wonderful offer guys.

That being said though I don't think you should spend the money or the time to bother with it. It appears to me that they are more the capable of supplying every ones needs to run the PBR league here with out any added expense or work by any one. But hey thats just my opinion.

Payne you know I love you man and Gendo your starting to grow on me hmmm kinda like a fungus  :P .

Offline Payne

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Get In My Belly
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2004, 03:57:12 pm »
Get over here and give me a hug  :'(

Offline 2Hot2Handle

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2004, 04:53:01 pm »
 :iamwithstupid:   dont forget the  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-* big boy!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mutilator

• FSD whip
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2004, 06:57:49 pm »
Now you guys are making me weepy; man I can feel the love in this thread now, this is what it's all about. I  especially like the sentiments toward our lost boy Gendo.  :D someone pass me a tissue  :'(

All kidding aside I think you should all hold on to your money let's see how it works out here first. Thanks to all that have made the offers.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline GDA-Kel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2004, 08:03:07 am »
Wow. 

I quit reading this thread after the first page....

I don't know Morpheus.  I don't know what 'issues' exist between certain folks/fleets that have resurfaced in this thread. 

Until it is proven to me otherwise, I will assume this is a genuine offer to host the wayward GZ League. 

To Morpheus, thank you for your offer.  I believe we have decided as a group to give the League a try by simply using these forums for our admin tasks. 

If this proves to be too cumbersome or too 'vanilla' for our tastes, then we can certainly revisit your offer in the future, along with other alternatives (Payne has offered some web space and forums if I am correct).   

GDA-Kel
Gorn Dragon Alliance

Offline FVA_C_ Blade_ XC

• Forum Czar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Yep,I did it.
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2004, 10:54:47 am »
Since you children can't play nice, This thread is now locked.

I will not stand for any personal attacks directed at anyone on this site.

Have a nice day! :carmen:
FVA_C_Blade_XC
XenoCorp Fleet Operations
www.xenocorp.net
ISC Race Moderator
Visioneer
S.S.Blade

See Wade,See Wade post like an arse,See Wade get banned.
Dont be a Wade!