Topic: A sad day......  (Read 10133 times)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: A sad day......
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 12:14:25 pm »
I know S31 will do a good job, but if they continue to cater to the Unity crew, then it won't be much better. As long as WT and Cozbo are controlling things, it's still going to be crap. S31 needs to make their own mod, as I previously stated I'd even be willing to help them with some things. You can't possibly be able to take a mod someone else made and expect to run it. The past unity mods ahve been filled with errors from what I hear, and it's hard for someone unfamiliar with it to come in and find the errors. It's hard enough finding the errors when you ARE familiar with it.
He is done with Unity and Trek gaming and Cozbo is no longer with him only Riviris.They gave it to S31 and now it is their baby  and please don't metion that name on these boards .He is now fineshed with trek gaming.

Offline Victory

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • There is no spoon.....
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2004, 12:39:04 pm »
Garreth, I'm sorry,but Unity does not have a creative bone in their collective bodies. They were forced to steal the ideas for their mods from the Alternate Universe crew, where I reside. you can understand why I'm a little peeved about this whole thing. As I have said, I have respect for S31, but whynot rename their server. Why do they have to use the Unity name? I mean, Untiy is know for certain things that I don't think S31 wants to be associated with. I know I wouldn't if I were them.
I am Victory, and I approved this message

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2004, 01:09:17 pm »
Guys, let's PLEASE not bring over any bad feelings or grudges...

What has happened in the past, stays in the past.

Let's move forward!

Now, SFC3 players, PLEASE don't hesitate to request anything you might need to make ya feel at home.

Regarsds, and glad to see some new faces :)
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Chris Jones

• MOD PRODUCER
  • Lt.
  • Galaxy Class - as seen in DS9
    • Chris Jones Gaming
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2004, 06:22:14 pm »
Let it be known that Trek gaming will be living on for a long time to come.. ;) If I have anything to say about it.. 

..Because the game does not have to, and will not, remain the same..

Celebrating Life!
Favorite TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise

Offline Timelessblur

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2004, 07:49:09 pm »
sad to see it go.  I fear that trek gaming not going to last that much longer and the RPG is a very diffent style of play than what we have all been used to.

In ohter news I am looking forward to a few other games coming out.  (like guild wars I will be playing that)

Offline =SyN=Remick

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2004, 09:13:45 pm »
I'll tell you whats even sadder, i just read the front page of the old stgd, seems theres a site out there thats now taken the STGD's keyword tages which had them ranked at no.1 in google under so many searches and they are now using it in there own site.  I had a closer look, they are also using the name of this place, a few major SFC 3 and SFC 2 mods and 4 other trek game sites but the last lines have been lifted directly from the STGD meta keyword line.  It has started, i bet the site mentioned wont be the only site that will be scavenging on whats left of STGD.  I just hope they dont continue when the contents of STGD is transfered over to SGNonline.com whenever that happens.

Offline Kane

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2004, 05:19:41 pm »
My 2 cents.

:dance:

I'm not sad to see you go.
"Don't try to be a great man ... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."[/color][/size]

Offline TAGSpartan

• Ensign
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2004, 11:03:58 pm »
  STGD was a great place to gather ideas and for creativity.   I hope we can do the same here. 

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2004, 03:45:43 pm »
For those of you that care to know, I wanted to share something that's on the STGD front-end :

Vast sections of the STGD are being held over to SGNonline for the new revamped version of the site. The old STGD may be gone, but the content will live on.

...ohhh and that reminds me...

The new Trek-Online site by GQ?

Whats is the first major thread in there new forum in a site which is "bringing the future of trek gaming"?

You guessed it...

Lets let the members bash the STGD...

http://www.trek-online.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18&pid=105&st=0&#entry105

That isnt all either, they are also using the STGD, STCD and STMD's name in there base code to redirect hits from google search engines...

The following is in there meta keywords...

stgd, stcd, stmd, star trek gamers, star trek gamers directory, star trek clans, star trek mods, star trek clan directory

*since this news post was up the above tags was removed from there code

There site is ran by a clan, headed by a clan leader, populated by the folks who got banned from the old STGD forums and now they want to take the future of trek gaming and mould it in there own image. It will be a cold day in hell before Paramount and Perpetual listens to the likes of them.

Do your clan and mod a favour, stay away from them, go to one of the MAJOR, REAL star trek fan sites like http://www.stgu.com http://www.dynaverse.net or one of the many fan sites that Raven Knight runs. Trust me, trek gaming fan sites ran by a clan, headed by a clan and populated with favouritsm for the clans that they like always ends in disaster...been there, seen it, bought the t-shirt and then took over many sites like that. If they are so willing to tear down STGD which is now closed, what will they do to your clan if you fall out with them or make a post you dont agree with? Or what if you partnership with there site...and then make a post they dont agree with? Or what about a mod you are working on that they are hosting?

There's your future for trek gaming folks, there's the new site which was supposed to take on the original STGD...kinda makes you feel better about the whole "future of trek gaming" thing don't it?

There's no new games for 3 years, the clan world is declining and trek-online is "where the voice of tomorrow speaks today" yeah, and lets all gather round a tree and hug each other while we are at it.

No one else will ever spend as much time and money on this franchise than I did and keep the site content free.

...and no one EVER will.

Peace out...

Victor

I think it speaks for itself regarding the "mending of fences" Victor and I have had that he listes Dynaverse.Net as one of the "true" ST gaming sites, and I personally would like to thank Victor for this honor.

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2004, 08:17:29 pm »
<S> Dynaverse

<S> Victor1st (STGD Founder)

Its just a shame these great powers in Startrek gaming couldnt see eye to eye at the peak of ther existance... saying that.... It is nice to see mended fences.... Let's let the argumnets lie there...

<S> Dynaverse  ;)