Topic: Strrange Harvest: Repost and New Stuff  (Read 13207 times)

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
Re: Strrange Harvest: Repost and New Stuff
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2004, 09:45:12 am »
When I started this one I was trying to do something different, so I'm actually glad it doesn't feel like any of the other La'ra stories.  It's also meant to add something to the series of stories as a whole rather than be a stand-alone tale like most of the others, so it's supposed to be doing what you suggested.

Job well done :D

I do regret that some of the other characters didn't get as much 'screen time' in this one, but this one is a pure 'La'ra story' in a lot of ways, as opposed to a tale of the Hiv'laposh.  Hopefully the rest of the posse will get more to do in the next one.

Good. I liked this one but i like crew centric stories more than one man eps.
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 12:51:00 pm »
Hey Larry,

Good story, although now you've spoiled it for when I get that far down your timeline on my site! j/k

I don't mind certain people taking centre stage in a story as long as it's not all the time, and it's not obviously "Look at me! Aren't I just super-fabulous!"-type stories. It was well told, competently executed, introduced new up-and-coming characters as well as revisiting old friends (which I always like), and believable (maybe except for Klingons apologising to each other! *grin*). I liked that your pet Fusion (you know who I mean!) and Leral got their promotions at the end, it made the story end on a surprise up. That's nice too. :-)

As to the Nephew/Mafioso-style switch, I agree with Grim and think you need to elaborate more on Prynn's organisation. Say that although it is a multi-species, employer-employee-style "trading house", the major positions of responisibilty are held by the family members. Just add some of the Godfather style elements in, to explain why Prynn is so honour-bound to pay of this debt.

Keep up the good work though!
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 12:56:37 am »
'nother bump.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Andromeda

• Queen of Amber
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Absolute Destiny!
    • Andromeda's Invasion
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 10:55:03 am »
Read all at once, this is awesome and not too short. 

I was going to comment about some of the criticism, but that's just silly.

this sig was eaten by a grue

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 11:02:09 pm »
Read all at once, this is awesome and not too short. 

Thanks, Andromeda.  Glad you got to read it.  Was looking through these the night I bumped them and thought 'damn, that fella on another thread was right...there's a lot of stuff on here that no one will read again because it's buried so deep'.

Was hoping to start a bump-fest.  Hasn't happened thus far. ;D
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Czar Mohab

• Faith manages.
  • Lt.
  • Chewie - Go jiggle the handle!
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 11:43:45 pm »

If I had things worth saving, I'd join you in that bumfest. Not everything of mine is worth the ol' bumparoony so... besides, need to redouble my efforts and finish things I've started!

Czar "Got a lot on my plate right now," Mohab
US Navy Veteran - Proud to Serve
Submariners Do It Underwater - Nukes Do It Back Aft - Pride Runs Deep
Have you thanked a Vet lately?

Subaru Owners Do It Horizontally Opposed!
Proud Owner - '08 WRX - '03 Baja - '98 Legacy