Topic: question about enterprise nx-01  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
question about enterprise nx-01
« on: December 01, 2004, 10:03:54 pm »
on a calender of startrek there a picture of the nx-01 stuck in a tolian web like the enteprise 1701  was in tos, my question is is this event append in startrek or not?, if yes what season and episode?, if not will that event append later?, it seem that the want to repeat what append to kirk in tos because of lack of imagination or because there just stupid?? :police:

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: question about enterprise nx-01
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 11:59:42 pm »
Well, Consider that the Tholians kicked the $h!t out of a Vulcan Cruiser in a second season episode.  It doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to say that the Tholians could disable Enterprise and web it.  A Connie would crush the poor little Tholian ship or three if the Captain wanted to.  This Enterprise...I think a Tholian ship would hand it its head.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 01:07:49 am »
on a calender of startrek there a picture of the nx-01 stuck in a tolian web like the enteprise 1701  was in tos, my question is is this event append in startrek or not?, if yes what season and episode?, if not will that event append later?, it seem that the want to repeat what append to kirk in tos because of lack of imagination or because there just stupid?? :police:

Urk.....

There was a Tholian episode, with five or six Tholian cruisers.  But I can't remember if they ever used the web.
I don't remember them doing so.  Mostly, I think they shot it out with a bunch of Suliban cube ships and a Vulcan.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 07:23:19 am »
i remember that but in the calender the enterpise nx-01 was suround by a tolian web, look at tos season 3 with the tolian and replace the enterprise 1701 witht he enteprise nx-01 and you have the same image, something esle that nothing to do with any episode or movie of startrek, the show all the starship enterprise from nx-01 to the enterprise E parked at a station, i have see part of it on some webpage with startrek screensaver that was not working but on the calender the show it fully, but it seem the nx-01 was not that smaller that the enterprise 1701.

Offline Wicked Zombie

• His Unholiness
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Demon Renegade Studios
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 10:09:20 pm »
Nothing in the calendars is supposed to be fully canon or accurate to the shows and movies. One of the DS9 images has the U.S.S. Reliant docked at the station without even the slightest registry change. The fleet museum picture doesn't even have the Enterprise-B, but a regular Excelsior representing it. The calendar images are just a bunch of pretty pictures with everyone's favorite ships in the limelight. Some may be based on scenes from Trek, but they aren't to be taken too seriously from a canon standpoint.

As a sidenote, the title of the Tholian/NX-01 picture is "Tactical Simulation" so even if it were a canon image, it would just be a simulation of what might happen if the Enterprise faced the Tholians.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 10:22:50 pm by Wicked Zombie »
DRS Forums
Klingon Texture Tutorial - Aztec Summary

Reports, incredible as they may seem, are not the results of mass hysteria...

Offline F9thDigi

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 03:17:30 am »
Here's a few to size pics from http://www.merzo.net/index.html (Starship Dimensions)

NX-01

1701A

Constellation

Intrepid

Excelsior(Not Mk2)...(I think)