Topic: TOS Constitution Version 3 Done! Uploaded  (Read 12046 times)

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
Re: TOS Constitution Version 3 Done! Uploaded
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2004, 10:48:48 am »
No, The one u would see in a movie is in work ;)

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2004, 12:16:16 pm »
wow Easily the most awesome connie model ever, thats looking pretty close to 100% accurate to me. Excellent work. It looks like you put 3 months into it Spup :thumbsup:

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2004, 05:31:20 pm »
Holy crap. ;D The weathering looks pretty good actually, since most of it would be blurred out by the film cameras of the sixties. ::)

BTW, did you get my private message?
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2004, 12:40:12 am »
I agree that it's a bit much, too. It makes it look like it's got a "fabric" skin like what they used to put on airplanes before they went to metal.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2004, 08:31:07 am »
lol u got a point there, tho modern naval ships are built in a similar mannor to aircraft (metal is welded and/or rivited onto the framework insted of fabric) If you look at an aircraft carrier up close you can see the raised areas where the framework is. So i suspect there would be some raised areas where the skin of a starship meets the frame. tho who knows what construction techniques are used in the future.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2004, 11:07:54 am »
Yep it doesnt get mutch better than this does it??  ;)

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2004, 07:54:52 am »
The joints where two adjacent panels meet cause close-in boundary layer turbulence in that area resulting in exactly the weathering pattern that spup depicts on his Connie.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2004, 10:27:48 pm »
Don, What u just said made absolutly no sense. Can u clarify? You mean like a 1st pilot version? If so, I already planned on making it. I have other prioritys at the moment.

Captain Kirk, Your ship is FILTHY!...Go wash it NOW! :D

1st test of the weathering psd's, i may tone it down some cause right now its looking more like the smithsonian model than the trial and tribbulation model.

Im gonna post a texture update soon, i just realized i left a marking off the ship (the marking in back of the bridge superstructure)

look at this page: http://www.starfleet-museum.org/pyotr-velikiy.htm, you can see 2 constitution class, the prototype and the one build, look the the bridge and you will see what i mean, or i can send you the model so you can see it closely, also one with the antena at the tipe of the warp engine, i know that atra have made ship like that, what i do mean is change the constitution class have received, visible one like the torpedo are fire from under the saucer insted of under the bridge, not like in the movie.

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2004, 05:08:33 am »
Yes, Those are known as the 1st pilot versions as seen in "The Cage", and "Where no man has gone before".  I do plan on making ships in that configuration. Just not at the moment because i have alot on my plate as it is now.  dirty textures almost done, and the file at battle clinic will be reuploaded soon. The Renaissaunce version is started. Plus im working on a joint Trekmods/=DU= project for Nexus: The Jupiter Incident covering all the eras of trek.

Edit: the Weathering textures are finished. An add-on file has been uploaded at Battleclinic, and the Trekmods file has been updated.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 02:00:12 pm by TheStressPuppy »

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2004, 09:47:30 pm »
there no rush, just wondering if you knew of the other variant of the constitution class, so what is this Weathering textures and the dirty textures??

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2004, 10:20:13 pm »
Dirty/Weathering= same thing. An Add-on set i made to make it look more like the trials, and Tribbulations version.

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2004, 11:29:50 pm »
Allow me to sing a couple more verses of praise:

I wanted to point out how outstanding the brussard texture is, it really looks like a semi-transparent dome and the color is perfect. Mine look like cartoons by comparison.

Another is the bridge/b/c deck structure; a very difficult part to get the shape just right and SPup you nailed it.

Just a couple of fine points on a totally outstanding model.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2004, 07:42:29 am »
ls in your post you show a ship with the experimental tos engine, do you have it?

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline zerosnark

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2004, 03:45:54 pm »

Thanks for the link!

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2004, 06:05:38 pm »
Stress.. as a reference junkie myself.. here is what I found for Canon references in my TOS collection on DVD...

U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017 TOS "The Doomsday Machine"

U.S.S. Constitution NCC-1700 (identified by wall status display) TOS "Court Martial", Seen on Computer display TNG "DataLore", Seen on Computer display Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, TOS "Space Seed" (Medical Display panel in the infirmiry).

U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764 TOS "The Tholian Web"

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 TOS All Episodes

U.S.S. Essex NCC-1697 (identified by wall status display) TOS "Court Martial" Crossed with Paramount Studios

U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1664 TOS "The Ultimate Computer", (identified by wall status display) TOS "Court Martial"

U.S.S. Excelsior NCC-1718 (identified by wall status display) TOS "Court Martial" Crossed with Paramount Studios

U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1672 TOS "The Omega Glory", (identified by wall status display) TOS "Court Martial"

U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1647 TOS "Obsession"

U.S.S. Hood NCC-1703 TOS "The Ultimate Computer", (identified by wall status display) TOS "Court Martial"

U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-1631 TOS "Court Martial", TOS "The Immunity Syndrome"

U.S.S. Kongo NCC-1710 Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Identified on a computer display panel and crossed with Paramount Studios).

U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709 TOS "The Ultimate Computer", (identified by wall status display) TOS "Court Martial", DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations"

U.S.S. Potemkin NCC-1657 TOS "The Ultimate Computer", TOS "Turnabout Intruder"

U.S.S. Republic NCC-1731 (identified by wall status display) TOS "Court Martial" Crossed with Paramount Studios

U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717 TOS "Obsession"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 08:29:34 pm by Pestalence »
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2004, 06:39:42 pm »
This is pretty much the same list that Ex Astris has, presumably from the Encylopedia...  it has the (IMO) serious problem that fully half the Constitution class ships have registries lower than that of the Constitution...  ;)  There's really no indication in "Court Martial" that all those registries belong to Constitution-class ships--in fact, if there are only 12-13 Constitution-class ships in existence, I would personally find it highly unlikely that so many of them would be at the same Starbase at the same time.  Intrepid's there, we know that from dialogue (although I would question assigning it the NCC-1831 registry--since the Miranda-class Lantree was 1837, wouldn't 1831 be better left alone?); and there are other registries that I would consider to be Constitutions, but I just can't bring myself to believe that they were ALL at the same place at the same time...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 06:51:32 pm by Captain Pierce »
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2004, 06:51:48 pm »
The USS Constitution NCC-1700 was the first Constitution Class. Unless there was a USS Constitution before the commissioning of the Constitution Class that I am unaware of.

First ship of the class tends to be named the same as the class.

USS Intrepid, Intrepid-Class
USS Galaxy, Galaxy-Class
USS Defiant, Defiant-Class

etc.

Of course, this does not rule out the possibility of other ships being called Intrepid, Galaxy or Defiant. In fact, in the three examples I stated above, at least 2 ships have been seen in TOS but as different classes then what they are most known for. USS Defiant, I believe was a Constitution Class or a variant of her.

In the case of the USS Constellation, they screwed up bigtime giving it a lower registry then that of the USS Constitution. Throughout the Trek timeline, it has been common practice that the first ship of the class be called the same as the class name. Thus, the belief by some people that the USS Enterprise refit from The Motion Picture, was a Enterprise-Class. Most likely other ships in this era also were refitted and they kept the classname of Constitution Class.
// Darkthunder

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2004, 06:54:54 pm »
Plus in "Court Marshal" we only saw the registry numbers. Not a single name was associated with them. I appreciate the enthusiasim, but we are just gonna have to accept the plain simple fact that there is no reference linking names with numbers .

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2004, 08:02:46 pm »
I like FJs list for "The Twelve" , the number grouping makes sense. I really cant see all those ships in the court martial list being only connies.