Topic: TOS Constitution Version 3 Done! Uploaded  (Read 12009 times)

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: TOS Constitution Version 3 nears completion
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 08:14:48 pm »
You might consider putting HPs 3 and 4 also in the FA-photon location for us nutters that like to split the photons so we can overload/proximity/standard load our photons to our heart's content.  8)
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2004, 11:10:19 pm »
I am just placing the hardpoints on the model, Im not gonna arm the ship, or even give it any specs other than the default SFC FCA specs. Im gonna leave it up to you how it should be armed. I will also take a look at chris jones's TOS mod to see if anything is any different as far as hardpoint arrangment of the various TOS connies in that mod. Ether way she will have only default specs just to get her in game.

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2004, 06:28:05 am »
Here are the 1st in game test shots of the U.S.S. "No-Name" This is in SFC: Orion Pirates. Sorry for the lack of FSAA. I cant seem to get it working right for SFC-OP, but it works for all my other games...strange.

The Original is Back!

Back View

Extreme close up.  the details came out nice, but they didnt render out as dark as i thought, ill remedy this later along with the smoothing error on the top impulse.

I caught this shot of her firing the ventral 360's. I spec'ed her as the CC+ to test the hardpoint arrangement.

No doubt these are the main phasers firing from the canon location. The torpedoes fire from the same spot, but i couldnt get a good shot. Its tough trying to catch the weapons fire.

Another shot of the main phaser firing.

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
Re: TOS Constitution Version 3 In Game
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2004, 10:52:03 pm »
These will be the last in game shots i post of the "Clean" version before i release her. I still need to make a break model for her

Here she is in all her old glory, The Enterprise. doing what she did best...Kicking Klingon ass ;)

I fixed most of the in game issues, mainly the smoothing errors, and darkend up some of the details to make it stand out better in game.
gimme a few weeks to do up a break for her, and shell be all yours. :)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 12:08:54 am »
i was wondering what is the yellow spot under the hull of the constitution class and other fed tos ship?

Offline Chris Jones

• MOD PRODUCER
  • Lt.
  • Galaxy Class - as seen in DS9
    • Chris Jones Gaming
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 06:18:37 am »
Stress!

When I update Universe At War, i'd like to use these variants.   May I please?    :D

- Chris
..Because the game does not have to, and will not, remain the same..

Celebrating Life!
Favorite TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise

Offline Rogue

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 04:42:19 pm »
If you hear TOS music and sound effects playing in your head when looking at this model, is that a positive indication of a successful Constitution?

I think it is!

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2004, 09:36:25 pm »
Chris feel free to use her. Thats why im building her so people can enjoy it :)

I made a basic break mod for her, nothing  too fancy, but she looks good blowing up in game and thats what counts.

once i finish up my reg's ill find a way to upload her.

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2004, 10:07:55 pm »
DAMN!!!!!!!!! ;D
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2004, 11:08:19 pm »
*goosebumps!*

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
Re: TOS Constitution Version 3 Done! Uploaded
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2004, 10:48:11 am »
Shes done and uploaded. Link is on bottom of the 1st post in this thread. The file extracts to 80 plus megs, but i compressed her down to a 9 meg RAR file ;)  Make sure you Right click the link, and save as, because it will try to open in your browser if you don't.
I don't know why it does that. I'm gonna get with the webmaster at trekmods to see if he can fix it.

I was gonna call it a "Mega"pack, but Mega is too small..call this the "Ludicrous" pack! :D

I wasn't able to do all the registry's i wanted to do. i got 6 of em done. I did include
1) Blanks for the USS No Name
2) The Enterprise, Constellation, Farragut, Exeter, Lexington, and Excalibur
3) the Hull Font, Template PSD's and quick n dirty instructions.
4) Most important the model itself :)

This will only work for SFC2/OP  I'm working on SFC1, and 3 versions ill post them later

Enjoy :)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2004, 02:18:37 pm »
Neato!  When can we see some of the Renaissance stuff?

Edit: Just read all that documentation, yikes.  When do you find the time to write all that out?  One little addendum you should add, though, the Ex Astris list is derived from the various editions of the Star Trek Encyclopedias.  That list was compiled by senior illustrator Mike Okuda, matching up diagrams from TOS and Star Trek VI to names of starships mentioned in the episodes of the show.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 02:33:33 pm by Rat Boy »

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2004, 02:51:33 pm »
Ok, i have no evidence of that list, but ill double check the site. As far as anyone knows there is no audio, or visual reference in the show matching any names to any reg numbers, and the encyclopedias are more, or less fan fiction where non-canon stuff is involved. I just provided the list's for comparison. As i said in the doc's its basicly up to you what you want to use.

The Renaissaunce Project stuff will be in work very soon. I am studying ideas, and looking over both the TMP 1701, and the NX-01. for inspiration.

Before i start on that I still have to do the "Dirty" version of the connie 1st. The dirty texture set will be PSD's that you copy the "dirt"  layer over to the existing textures. Gimme a few weeks b4 they r done.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 04:12:09 am by TheStressPuppy »

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2004, 07:32:58 pm »
Thanks TSP. Great job. I love all of the extra work that you did supplying all of the extras. Well conceived for a beauty such as this. My hat's off to you, man.  Time to shower "The Stress Puppy" with some posi-karma. :notworthy:

Supplying the "weathering" as a seperate layer is a very cool idea, BTW. 8)
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Dawntreader

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Captain Maverick, USS Dawntreader
    • Dawntreader Shipyard
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2004, 12:29:18 am »
Just downloaded and viewed this model.  It is PERFECT!  The BEST model of this classic ship I have EVER SEEN.  I am almost afraid to use it it is so perfect.
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
 :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Dawntreader Shipyard
"Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east."
-'Voyage of The Dawn Treader' C.S.Lewis

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2004, 09:32:53 pm »
the best tos constitution i have see is made by: lordschtupp, it got the phaser on the saucer, under the hull and the read phase neer the shuttlebay. ::) ::)

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2004, 09:49:15 pm »
the best tos constitution i have see is made by: lordschtupp, it got the phaser on the saucer, under the hull and the read phase neer the shuttlebay. ::) ::)

But TSP is working on a version with similar "tweaks," and this is far more structurally accurate. ;)

This is just the first run "classic series" model. For those old fogies who don't like no fancy contraptions of their hulls. ;D
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2004, 07:50:16 am »
also stp should make a old tos constitution, like a prototype for the know look of the constitution, and maybe some variant of the constitution since the ship did have more change during the use of the constitution class (not just the enterprise), one that shoot the torpedo from under the saucer insted of undr the bridge.

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2004, 08:46:44 am »
Don, What u just said made absolutly no sense. Can u clarify? You mean like a 1st pilot version? If so, I already planned on making it. I have other prioritys at the moment.

Captain Kirk, Your ship is FILTHY!...Go wash it NOW! :D

1st test of the weathering psd's, i may tone it down some cause right now its looking more like the smithsonian model than the trial and tribbulation model.

Im gonna post a texture update soon, i just realized i left a marking off the ship (the marking in back of the bridge superstructure)

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2004, 08:53:59 am »
This is very cool. It looks like something you would see in a movie!