Topic: Bonk you glorious bastard!!!  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Bonk you glorious bastard!!!
« on: April 04, 2008, 09:30:32 am »
Of course, you will have to turn on Images for this one...

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Bonk you glorious bastard!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 01:10:11 pm »
Wow, gosh! Finally, my very own bastard thread!  ;D  In engineering too! And a glorious bastard no less!  *sniff - I'm touched!

Not sure what I did to deserve it though? I have seen those test answers somewhere before, pretty funny. I get a chuckle out of the "expanded" polynomial.  ;D

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:01:37 am »
Wow, gosh! Finally, my very own bastard thread!  ;D  In engineering too! And a glorious bastard no less!  *sniff - I'm touched!

Not sure what I did to deserve it though? I have seen those test answers somewhere before, pretty funny. I get a chuckle out of the "expanded" polynomial.  ;D

After all these years, You should have known I was calling you a bastard. Glorious is just a title. Seriously, I saw those today, and thought to myself. Self, who would like those jokes, and Bonk came to mind. :D

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 07:04:50 am »
Oh I see. Yes those are definitely up my alley.

The "find x" one is particularly funny as you don't even need to run the Pythagorean theorem on it to see that x = 5 as 3,4,5 is the first Pythagorean triple. The way perfect numbers fall into place for humans is no accident. (Ever see the movie π?)   ... hey wait a minute.. is a Glorious Bastard anything like A Beautiful Mind? ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 07:23:29 am by Bonk »

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 02:51:14 pm »
Actually Pi is one of my Favorite movies. The first time I saw it, there was a double feature at this small ton theater. They Played Pi and Cube. Huge fan of both movies.

Stephen

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 02:58:54 pm »
Why am I not surprised? (actually, come to think of it, we've probably had that discussion before...  ;D)

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 03:12:08 pm »
Why am I not surprised? (actually, come to think of it, we've probably had that discussion before...  ;D)

Well after all these years, we are bound to repeat ourselves. :D

Stephen