Topic: lost of data  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
lost of data
« on: December 18, 2004, 04:12:55 pm »
one of my hd (40 gig) have for unknow reason erase of hide some mp3 and mpeg in a files, 2 files also where infected before, 1 is small movies the 2th was bittorent stuff, 1 is empty but have ghost image and the 2th can't be opend, move or deleted, stupid hd i will transfer the suff on it to cd's and when i got money i will buy a 200gig to store my stuff on it, its anoying when part of the data on a file just disapear for no reason, i have notice it yesterday when i was sending some mp3 to a friend, the 2 other files i knew about it for a few weeks (notinhg realy importent in it). :2gun:

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
Re: lost of data
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 01:01:47 am »
Always have a backup plan. I now have a server and another computer for storage. so i have no problems... ;D

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 08:14:52 am »
I have a 40gb hard drive that I use just for backups.  The drive is in a removable hard drive case that fits into the front 5.25" drive bay of my system.  When I conduct a backup I put the hard drive into the removable bay then copy and paste all the files I want to keep safe on that drive.  When I'm done I remove the hard drive a throw it in my desk.  Since the drive only spins once or twice a month, the drive should be reliable for years.  It has become a cheap way for me to do backups of my system.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 10:02:11 pm »
yes, when i got money i will get a big hd so i can store my data (beside the games) safe so if  something append i will have a back up, still anoying to discover that the files with the mp3 have lost is data after the lettter '"m" .