Topic: OP API scripting methods: functions that do not work properly  (Read 2581 times)

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
OP API scripting methods: functions that do not work properly
« on: December 22, 2004, 05:33:25 am »
By no means complete, I've started compiling a list of functions that do and do not work. In this thread I'm going to list those that do not work (or partially work but have a workaround for them). I'll add to this list from time to time.

class tShipInfo

The following functions do not work at all and always return zero (the first one does in fact work in EAW):

int32   mGetBPV( void );   (see here for the fix http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163350382.0.html )
int32   mGetTotalBPV( void ); this function was never implemented and has no member in tshipinfo class that corresponds to it

The following functions appear to do nothing:

void   mSetWeaponState( eWeaponStates weaponState );

The following functions work partially but improperly:

eClassTypes   mGetClassType( void ); (see here for the fix http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163350349.0.html )

class tTeamInfo

The following functions do not work at all and always return zero:

int32   mGetTotalCombatBPV( void );

Unlike EAW, there is no way for an OP script to get the exact BPV of a ship without using Magnum Man's API shiplist tool. Only team->mGetCombatBPV() works, however this returns the combined total BPV for all ships in one team, so if there is more than one ship, you cannot calculate individual BPV's. Fortunately the hull class can be determined (see other thread for the fix) which means that AI matching must use a combination of hull class and BPV to get a balanced matchup in scripts for OP (until the source code is released of course).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 11:07:48 am by FPF-TraceyG »
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore

el-Karnak

Re: OP API scripting methods: functions that do not work properly
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 04:22:05 pm »
That's neat. ;D

EEK always uses the Team BPV values and the player ship GetBPV functions always worked for me, so I never had the need for getting AI ship BPV.  mGetClassType fix I did in EEK a year ago and I totally forgot that I did it in my common libs until I read this thread.

What we really need though in the missions is the ability to pull out the stardate from the dyna.  Then you're cooking with gas. ;D