Topic: How do you open your IP ports ?  (Read 3319 times)

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
How do you open your IP ports ?
« on: December 22, 2004, 07:57:56 pm »
   How do you open your IP ports for SFC3 to play on the Dyna .I have been trying this and with no success so how does one do it?I am only talking IP not router .Please be specific and explian it in steps as to opening the ports.This is for Windows XPSP2 and the firewall gets in the way if I want to logon to the Dyna 3 I have turn the firewall off.Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 09:23:43 pm by Age »

Offline Monty

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: How do you open your IP ports ?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 09:08:28 am »
I assume you mean you cannot get onto the D3 when windows firewall is on, but you can when it is off?

if thats the case:

1)Open up your control panel in Win XP
2)There should be an icon for windows firewall, double click to configure it.
3)There are three tabs... click on "Exceptions"
4)Click add port.  Give it a suitable name and enter a port number required by sfc and select UDP or TCP as appropriate
5) repeat for untill all ports required have exceptions.

This i think should help. I don't know which ports you need but that shouldn't be too hard to find out. Check the program documentation or use the search function of the forum.

Offline Victory

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • There is no spoon.....
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 01:15:48 pm »
...... This is for Windows XPSP2 .......

This is your problem right there. Service pack 2 is a load of worthless crap. so many people have had trouble with it I refuse to download it. and will continue to refuse until they fix their crap.
I am Victory, and I approved this message

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 11:01:45 am »
Victory...

The Windows Update version of Service Pack 2 is a piece of crap....

however, the 266 MB Network Install of Service Pack 2 is worth the download.. makes XP much stabler...

the Windows Update version is ~ 80 MB ... it messes up 1 in 5 computers.. the network Install basically reinstalls XP on your system and makes Home version practically into Pro version (only system will still state Home version, but will contain all of Pro's features)..

As for the firewall.. the XP firewall is good, but takes a long time to configure for SFC games because Win Firewall does not allow for port ranges.. as such, you will have to open almost 1000 ports for SFC 3 to work with Win Firewall... it is easier to get Zone Alarm and use it instead of Win Firewall.. that means turning off Win Firewall and dling Zone Alarm and then configuring according to the Network.rtf in the SFC 3 Docs\help folder...

hope that this helps.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 08:07:11 pm »
i have SP2 and no problems with sfc3.  that was before i had pccillian firewall installed.  and i agree SP2 is far better than SP1