Topic: New novel series "Star Trek: Vanguard" has a familiar face behind it...  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Look familiar?

Well it should, since it was designed by none other than Masao Okazaki of The Starfleet Museum.  Congrats to Masao; he's hit the big time, now!  The original annoucement from editor Marco Palmieri is here and a bit more on the Vanguard series is here.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
Re: New novel series "Star Trek: Vanguard" has a familiar face behind it...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 08:35:21 pm »
I'm going to BAM to look for this tomorrow...

Mr. Okazaki does incredible work on his site, and I can't wait to see how he does in writing...
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Re: New novel series "Star Trek: Vanguard" has a familiar face behind it...
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 08:41:23 pm »
He isn't writing it, mind you.  He just designed the station.  Still, it's rather nice of him to get recognized like that AND have a member of the show's art department bringing it to 3D life.  I guess now he has to finish that starbase section he's been teasing us with since who know's when.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.