Topic: Paramount puts the brakes on 11th Trek feature film  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Paramount puts the brakes on 11th Trek feature film
« on: January 07, 2005, 10:29:38 am »
From IESB

This hopefully will free up the Romulan Wars, as had been rumored as a plotline in the film, for Enterprise to depict should the series go beyond this season.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
Re: Paramount puts the brakes on 11th Trek feature film
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 02:37:06 pm »
I especially liked this part:

...Paramount was not happy with the direction that the story was headed and that it's not completely cancelled but that they are reworking a few things and that to be rest assured, Star Trek will never be totally cancelled.

Sounds to me like the Studio, in it's outstandingly sluggish fashion, has realized that Berman is slowly (because it's been going on for 15 years or more now) killing their CA$H COW. AS we all know, these are an endangered species, and the Studio- in it's infinite desire to make money- has realized that it's hard to procure another CA$H COW once you have killed the one that you have.

Let's cross our fingers and hope for a NEW prequel- a total re-write of the Romulan War era that has primative looking ships, control pannels with toggle switches, dials and knobs, and lots of references to pre-Berman Trek contained therein.

I DO like the idea of Levar Burton directing an episode. He's got a lot of Trek experience, and I'm oretty sure that he has had enough imput (wanted or unwanted) from the fans over the years to know what they want to see.

Geordi might have been blind, but he's a step up from Berman.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 03:42:31 pm »
<Sniker>  StarTrek 11 : Cupid Junction.  ;)

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 05:21:40 pm »
STAR TREK VOYEUR:   Seven does Nine?

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline MrCue

• Site Designer
  • Lt.
  • Proud Father
    • Battleclinic
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 07:43:55 pm »
They should wipe enterprise from history, and get one of those M.I.B flashy thingys to anyone that has ever even heard of it.
Then produce a post ST: X film. maybe around the Titan or maybe the federation expansion into the delta quadrant, please dont haver any more "Enterprise - (insert letter here)" comes to the rescue crap, its been done to death. Lets see a "federation takes a battering" or lets see it from the point of view of an exploration force sent into the delta quadrant.

(Un)fortunately due to gfx improvements its not possible to film a prequel to anything and make it work it just wont ever look right.

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 07:48:02 pm »
This season of Enterprise has actually been pretty good once they killed off the Temporal Cold War in the premiere.  If they'd started the stuff they're doing now a season ago, we wouldn't be wondering if it'd last another season...hope it's not too little too late.  In terms of concept, characters, and cast, it has the potential to be the best Trek series since TOS.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 08:41:25 pm »
This season of Enterprise has actually been pretty good once they killed off the Temporal Cold War in the premiere.  If they'd started the stuff they're doing now a season ago, we wouldn't be wondering if it'd last another season...hope it's not too little too late.  In terms of concept, characters, and cast, it has the potential to be the best Trek series since TOS.

HeY La'Ra Congrats on the 50th Post. It's Karma Time.

Stephen Going OT for a second.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 09:14:25 pm »
And on next week's ENT, we get to meet the inventor of the transporter.  I'm almost tempted to put odds on if someone says "Beam me up, Blank-y!" during the course of the show.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 03:27:55 pm »
no more startrek movie, the last one was a mistake and if the do a 11th startrek with the enterprise nx-01 going into the future and save the enterprise E from the romuland or anything will be just a mistake, nx-01 is for the tv only, don't make a movie that take place before kirk and screw the timeline of the movie because there trying to have another money tree. >:(

btw the flashing thining from m.i.b is call a neuraliseur (hard to know how to spell when a cat stand in front of the key board),

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 08:58:46 pm »
although, I think it would be cool to have a plot where the Titan under Riker goes through a temporal anomoly and nearly whacks NX-01.  To further weird things out, Titan and Enterprise should meet after they drop off the Klingon that crashed on Earth (i.e. after the pilot ;D ).  When Riker and crew try to figure out why there is no mention in Federation history of the NX-01 Enterprise, they come to the realization that Enterprise must be destroyed if their timeline is to continue as it is supposed to.

Insert Q, Wesley Crusher, and sprinkle some Janyway throughout for flavor :P
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.