Topic: New Excelsior Series? - Sulu comments on it during interview?  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
New Excelsior Series? - Sulu comments on it during interview?
« on: January 07, 2005, 10:46:08 pm »
Probably not...BUT

During the interview on the third season of TOS of the actor who plays Sulu, he did a little promotional bit on how the Excelsior Series would not disappoint anyone.

I perked up and replayed it trying to figure out if he was merely trying to inspire everyone that he was more than ready and willing to play Sulu still, and REALLY wanted it to come out as a series. (which would perhaps be the smartest thing Paramount has done with the series since Gene Died...as long as they had the right directors and producers...which means probably no Berman)...

...or if there was a series currently under wraps (it is the fourth or fifth year of enterprise and traditionally after TNG they've been starting work on new series at that point) a NEW series that was coming out that actually had him in it.

I don't really watch ENTERPRISE as such, it really turned me off of Star Trek.  However, a series with Sulu WOULD actually bring me back to probably trying to watch Star Trek regularly, as long as they didn't screw up canon any more than they've already tried.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Lord_Sloth

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: New Excelsior Series? - Sulu comments on it during interview?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 05:47:35 pm »
I'm going to agree that Enterprise really was a screw up and if they made a series with Sulu I would definatley watch it!

I wish they would make at least a movie about Sulu. I'd much rather see a series but a movie would be good still.
"People are Stupid. They'll feel better as long as someone is punished."
~Rufus Shinra FFVII

Official Hater of Parma Eruseen.

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 05:56:22 pm »
I think that would be very cool, but is Sulu getting too old?

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 06:00:30 pm »
Good question, But he should Just be in his 60's or early 70's.  If nothing else a Mini Series with him would be Perfect. Look at the other actors, well into there 70's and 80's  , yet I bet they with the exception of James Doohan , would make for excellent Cameo's.

Personaly, I would be behind this 200%, which beats my typical score of 110% by 90%.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 06:10:37 pm »
Make no mistake, I'd watch it!!! Sulu would be very cool

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 04:25:38 pm »
I think that would be very cool, but is Sulu getting too old?

The actor George Takei (sp?) seems as enthusiastic as ever from the inteview...in fact, even MORE enthusiastic than ever...if that's possible!
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 10:47:57 pm »

It's not so much the stars as it is the writers (and the producers that control the writers).

I'd love to see Sulu in a series.  But, to steal a line from famous actors talking about sequels, first show me the script.

Enterprise has picked up a lot this year.  The direction is much better, though the writing still needs help.  I still think it could have been the best thing in Trek since Kirk saw his first skirt, if only they had had better scripts.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 08:56:08 pm »
I'm going to agree that Enterprise really was a screw up and if they made a series with Sulu I would definatley watch it!

I wish they would make at least a movie about Sulu. I'd much rather see a series but a movie would be good still.

Completely off topic here lord slothk, but that looks like a DBZ character at the bottom of your sig.  Is it?
CK

But tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or fix this hole in a mother's son?
Can you heal the broken worlds within?
Can you strip away so we may start again?
Tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or cut this rope and let us run?
Just when all seems fine, and I'm pain free, you jab another pin,
Jab another pin in me
-Metallica