Topic: OT: Yet another 3ds Max Question  (Read 735 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
OT: Yet another 3ds Max Question
« on: January 10, 2005, 12:05:17 pm »
Okay, so i have all these tiles made, now, is there a way for me to make a new menu under the create tab and have it put out a tile every time i click on the appropriate button?

Meaning, suppose one of the tiles i have done is the "Carpet" Tile which is a 3m by 3m plane...could i have a button that says "carpet" and it creates that plane with materials intact wherever i click?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: OT: Yet another 3ds Max Question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 01:58:11 pm »
Or still if someone could help me find a customizable "Placer" tileset-based map editor that can be can export to 3ds, that would help too.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
Re: OT: Yet another 3ds Max Question
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 02:27:20 pm »
you might want to check out unreal tounaments level editor it doesnt export to 3ds but i know you can use max to model for it if that of any help

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.