Topic: what do you say to this??  (Read 2147 times)

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
what do you say to this??
« on: January 18, 2005, 10:18:46 am »
on several occasions i have been tempted to intrude on other fleets threads looking for a match on a specific date when i see i proposed date is turned down(for whatever reason),a date for which my fsd is available to the fleet that first asked.but decorum dictates that i don't. would fleets turning down a date that we would be otherwise available be ticked if any fleet intruded in that thread to try and get that night they turned down???  just asking   no biggie if the overall opinion is against this

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
Re: what do you say to this??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 10:28:09 am »
I'd think it would be better if the admins set up a thread and stickied it about battle challenges, so that it would be like a neutral zone on the forum.   That way the privacy that members expect would stay. 

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 05:35:17 pm »
on several occasions i have been tempted to intrude on other fleets threads looking for a match on a specific date when i see i proposed date is turned down(for whatever reason),a date for which my fsd is available to the fleet that first asked.but decorum dictates that i don't. would fleets turning down a date that we would be otherwise available be ticked if any fleet intruded in that thread to try and get that night they turned down???  just asking   no biggie if the overall opinion is against this

Just start a new thread to the fleet in question asking about the date you are referring to at that time for whatever week # it is.

I wouldn't intrude into the thread that is already being negotiated in by another fleet though, that wouldn't be polite.
Former Federation A/RM SFC2.NET
Former Federation RM SFC2.NET
Hydran A/RM LB4
Interim Federation RM GW3
Federation RM GW4

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 06:31:29 pm »
Perhaps not seen as polite, but I think that an intrusion, with proper ettiquette( such as excusing for interruption, and asking for pardon) to ask a fleet  which was just turned down for a say, Friday 7 pm est match, to see if they would fly vs your fleet.  The reason I think it could be acceptable is that if you look at for instance, this thread, there was 2 messages written by the time i looked, and 19 visits to this one.  Therefore we all know many of us look at a post, without typing into it.  It is hardly a "private matter" when all fleet members registered can look in on any conversation on a "public" forum.  So TT, if you feel you are willing to face TSC again, feel free to ask us here, or start a new thread, TSC wont be feeling like you intruded.