Topic: Request for Khalee  (Read 5957 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Request for Khalee
« on: January 28, 2005, 01:27:53 pm »
Hello all.

Last night around Midnight, Khalee's Powersupply went up in smoke. Thank goodness The popping sound woke me up.  Anyway, does anyone have an extra 350+ watt 20 pin Powersupply he could Borrow, untill he Finds work and Can get his own? He is welcome to use my system of course, But at times It is Inconvienient.

I have searched and searched through my 10+ bins of pc parts, and can't find one to save my life. ( I may have given my spares to my Son Nathan actually)

Thanks all for your consideration.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Dallas

• Fluffy Snuggle Bunny
  • Lt.
Re: Request for Khalee
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 01:54:40 pm »
Stephen, give me a minute or two to go through my stuff. I may be of some help.

Offline Dallas

• Fluffy Snuggle Bunny
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 02:04:14 pm »
I just checked and both are only 300W. Sorry. Hopefully
someone else has an extra one laying around.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 02:42:18 pm »
Actually , I found a Power supply from an Old PC. I'm hopping It still works, as I didn't cateloque It. This whole thing may be Un nessaserry. I'm just waiting for Tim to get back home.

BTW Dallas, thanks for Checking. Your a Great Person.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 10:51:38 am »
well Darn. The powersupply only worked for about 15 minutes. That Damn Khalee is just so HArd on PC's.

Stephen

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 10:53:56 am »
Hook up some  pedals and a pulley system.  He can cycle his compy with that in the meantime AND get some exercise!   ;D

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 10:54:35 am »
I'll ask my ECE department if they have anything. They throw away some good stuff on occasion. It's worth a shot.
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline Capt. Mike

• Live from Granpa's Grotto
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 11:08:31 am »
Stephan..I have a Enermax EG365P-VE 350 W PS that I pulled when I went to 8 hardrives and 2 DVD burners (yeah, I'm greedy..have to keep the zip drive too 'cause one of the 'puter's at work has a 3.5 and a zip..no CD)

I can pack it and get it going if you want...

I think I still have your address..but PM it to me again

Mike
Summum ius summa iniuria.

The more law, the less justice.

Cicero, De Officiis, I, 33

"It doesn't, and you can't, I won't, and it don't
it hasn't, it isn't, it even ain't, and it shouldn't
it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

My chops were not as fast...[but] I just leaned more on what was in my mind than what was in my chops.  I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with twenty notes.
 --Les Paul

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 11:43:40 am »
Awesome MIke, I appreciate that alot. Without Tim on the PC, I wind up having to talk to him alot.  ;D ;D ;D

Stephen sending PM.

Offline Capt. Mike

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 12:15:13 pm »
I'll have it out this afternoon..I'm also sending 6 Agilent training discs and a Roche Genetics disc...should keep someone occupied while the PS is installed...BTW, I use nearly everyhting on these discs every day..and my wife wonders why I forget little things..

I'll let you know after I mail them..gotta check my son's HD..he says it's bad

Mike

it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

My chops were not as fast...[but] I just leaned more on what was in my mind than what was in my chops.  I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with twenty notes.
 --Les Paul

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 12:19:23 pm »
Thanks Mike, your a Miracle worker the Likes of a Certain Scotty.

Stephen

Offline Capt. Mike

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 02:57:20 pm »
O.K.  It was mailed at 2:16:54 PM from Omaha...Delivery confirmation # 0304 1560 0006 9529 9205 

If you feel like you need to reimburse me, make a donation to a local library or church library in the name of Alma Wood, my Grandmother..one of the few who really encouraged me to read..and to take care of people..

but just give Tim one number per hour  :D  ...should be ther Monday or Tuesday

Mike

it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

--Les Paul

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2005, 03:08:48 pm »
O.K.  It was mailed at 2:16:54 PM from Omaha...Delivery confirmation # 0304 1560 0006 9529 9205 

If you feel like you need to reimburse me, make a donation to a local library or church library in the name of Alma Wood, my Grandmother..one of the few who really encouraged me to read..and to take care of people..

but just give Tim one number per hour  :D  ...should be ther Monday or Tuesday

Mike

Consider It Done Mike. thank you ever so much.

Stephen

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005, 05:13:52 pm »
I checked too, however the spare power supply I have is only 100W!!

Perhaps if I sent you mine and Dallas could send his you could get Khalee's machine a really big and flexible 400W supply :lol:

Besides, 100 should be enough to run the processor at half speed or so.  What's he need to go faster than 66MHz for anyway? ;D
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Capt. Mike

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2005, 07:25:04 pm »
Jeez...100 W..why, that wouldn't even run my toaster oven  :D

It's amazing what we used to run our systems...16 MHz 386, 1 Meg of RAM, 9600 K dial up modem, and a BBS with 10 lines into it...

Forward...into the Past

Mike

it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

--Les Paul

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2005, 08:17:22 pm »
It's amazing what we used to run our systems...16 MHz 386, 1 Meg of RAM, 9600 K dial up modem, and a BBS with 10 lines into it...

Forward...into the Past

Mike

486dx4 100mhz, 4x 4CD changer NEC, 2gb HD 28,800 modem, 1 line BBS.  Wildcat 5, Win95.  (I can't recall how much RAM)
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Monty

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2005, 05:57:52 am »
I can beat all of that!

My first computer was a Archimedes A3000:

ARM 2 @ 8Mhz
1Mb RAM
OS (512Kb) loaded from ROM
No HDD. Only a floppy drive.

Heres a link to it (picture is poor but you get the idea):

http://www.vintagecomputer.co.uk/vcShop/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=643

Given that it was not ibm compatible it meant i only got software off the montly RISC magaziine... and all those wonderful pc games I was waiting to play were not playable - well I just smiled at me Da and said it was great. I could now use it for my school work (which I did).

ahhhh the memories!

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2005, 07:00:50 am »
I can beat all of that!

My first computer was a Archimedes A3000:

ARM 2 @ 8Mhz
1Mb RAM
OS (512Kb) loaded from ROM
No HDD. Only a floppy drive.

Heres a link to it (picture is poor but you get the idea):

http://www.vintagecomputer.co.uk/vcShop/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=643

Given that it was not ibm compatible it meant i only got software off the montly RISC magaziine... and all those wonderful pc games I was waiting to play were not playable - well I just smiled at me Da and said it was great. I could now use it for my school work (which I did).

ahhhh the memories!

That wasn't my first computer it was the computer I ran a BBS on.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2005, 12:54:51 pm »
Pakage recieved Capt. Mike. Thanks again to all who Checked on this for him. When he get's home, I'm sure he'll be putting the Powersupply to good use.

Stephen

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2005, 03:03:47 pm »
Well Im back up and running again (Thanks CptMike) But Apperently My big hard drive went poof along with the old power supply.
But Ill fiddel with it some more before I panic. If it has gone bad anyway of retreveing the data from it.

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2005, 03:30:02 pm »
it all depends on how bad it is i had a power supply got bad and took the hard drive with it after that anytime i tried to hook up the hard drive it would short out the entire system so it wouldnt even turn on total loss of all data on that drive i had a second drive go bad but it would run for about an hour before crashing so i was able to get the stuff i needed off of it after 2 or 3 boots. there is a chance altho slight if it is dead that IF you can the same drive you can swap the pc boards to get it working again but there is a high risk of frying the donor pc board and both will never work again

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Offline Capt. Mike

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2005, 04:33:22 pm »
Pakage recieved Capt. Mike. Thanks again to all who Checked on this for him. When he get's home, I'm sure he'll be putting the Powersupply to good use.

Stephen

you are most welcome..dang, that was fast, but then, I mailed it from the airport post office, open 24/7, and they just put it on the OKC airplane

Khalee, good luck with the harddrive

Mike

it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

--Les Paul