Topic: [OFFICIAL] Star Trek Enteprise cancelled  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
[OFFICIAL] Star Trek Enteprise cancelled
« on: February 02, 2005, 02:44:41 pm »
From Trek Today

Just when things were starting to look up.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
Re: [OFFICIAL] Star Trek Enteprise cancelled
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 03:20:17 pm »
 :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Definately a sad day, but Star Trek will always live on in our memories (and syndication)
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 03:31:17 pm »
It might have helped if Paramount and UPN came to this decision sooner than now, to give the writing staff a chance to better plan for the end.  Now, we'll just get a chopped-off series finale and a lot of questions as to what might have been.

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 03:43:33 pm »
Yeah.  They were told to expect this to be the last season, though, so they have at least planned to end it on a positive note.
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 05:43:13 pm »
Fans, what few that are left, try to rally to save ENT.

You know, I'm really not sure that if it's a good idea.  If the network is going to kill it now, let it be done.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 05:52:41 pm »
People say we're going to go to a dark age of Star Trek.  I think people are exaggeratingly pessimistic, perhaps too much for Trek's own good.  I'm going to quote what I had said in another thread before this news:

To tell the truth, I was one of those who gave up on Enterprise.  But I'm thinking of going back to watching Enterprise again.  I guess it's not as bad as I thought.  I'd still like to think that Masao Okazaki's Pre-TOS website (Starfleet Museum) has a better timeline of Trek than Enterprise, but I'm sure I'll be entertained by Season 4 reruns and the upcoming newer episodes to not care about canon this or continuity that...

But don't grow pessimistic over Star Trek's future.  Enterprise might go on for a fifth season.  And even if it doesn't, we'll still have the novels, the past shows, the movies, the websites, etc.  Star Trek won't die out, and it's existance could be majorly fan-based.  I wonder however if the future of Trek is more of heading that way as we converse on this forum, with fanfilms such as Starship Exeter and Star Trek: New Voyages.  My main point here I'm trying to make is that Enterprise won't be Star Trek's death.  It might hurt, but like in Trek's World War III, it's not the end.  It's just a hurtle onto heading for a brighter future.  That's why I majorly like Star Trek; It's optimism.  People are really lacking it here, and I'm really disappointed.  Whether Enterprise is canceled or not, I believe Star Trek won't die out.  Not with a fan base as big as what Trek has.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 07:01:23 pm »
Zap 2 It has an article on the show's cancellation, including a spoiler or two from "In a Mirror, Darkly," which is still in production.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 07:12:27 pm »
Just a note: Related threads concerning Enterprise's cancellation are here and here.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 03:41:08 pm »
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Clark Kent

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 12:45:31 pm »
I should point out that star trek has really gone down hill since berman and braga took over, and enterprise only started to get good once they took a back seat.  Regardless of whether they were cancelled or not, berman and braga were going to take a more hands on role at the end of this season, and most likely for a next season, if there were to be one.  I'm sorry to see trek go from TV, but B&B have made it a point to neglect and ignore their fans in the vain hopes of attracting a more conventional viewer.  I think this is overall a good thing, because it might purge B&B from the franchise once and for all.
CK

But tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or fix this hole in a mother's son?
Can you heal the broken worlds within?
Can you strip away so we may start again?
Tell me, can you heal what father's done?
Or cut this rope and let us run?
Just when all seems fine, and I'm pain free, you jab another pin,
Jab another pin in me
-Metallica

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 01:35:07 pm »
I should point out that star trek has really gone down hill since berman and braga took over, and enterprise only started to get good once they took a back seat.  Regardless of whether they were cancelled or not, berman and braga were going to take a more hands on role at the end of this season, and most likely for a next season, if there were to be one.  I'm sorry to see trek go from TV, but B&B have made it a point to neglect and ignore their fans in the vain hopes of attracting a more conventional viewer.  I think this is overall a good thing, because it might purge B&B from the franchise once and for all.

I must confess I seen the objection to these twos involvement with the series before ... I still have mixed emotions about even this statement ..  though for what ever its worth I REALLY do understand where you are comming from.  Perhaps another question might be ...  what pieces do we need to see fall into place where the series can get going again.

IMHO ...  if we can get our fan base active and pulling togeather again .... we just might see the promise of another major Trek Movie and another GOOD Trek game.

In spite of the uncertainty of the future ... we can all pull togeather and get things moving forward again.

Trust me ..  no motion picture company or major corporation will pass up the opportunity ...  IF they know the support is there.  Look what happened after the first Trek Motion pict was released !!
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 08:44:39 pm »
To get it going again, make Enterprise either have a MASSIVE reset button, or make it have happened in the mirror universe.  I think several things lost fans, blatantly ignoring events at times of Trek History, as well as some rather boring shows that didn't garner anyone's interests overall.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.