Topic: Firesoul about your EAW missions compiled for OP?  (Read 3207 times)

Rogue NineCH

Firesoul about your EAW missions compiled for OP?
« on: March 06, 2003, 08:36:32 pm »
I reecently d/l your EAW missions for OP, I also d/l the update for it as well.  First I installed the missions, then I tnstalled the update.  I have a problem though, I started the campaign "Feds vs. ISC"  Everything goes well for the first two or three missions, then when I start the next mission, regardless of what it is, I get  a black screen where the ship and surrounding space should be, all the other status windows are there.  This stays up for about 30 seconds, then an error message tell me that OP must quit and I get dropped to the desktop.  Any ideas what may be doing this?  I do run Win XP, however I have the latest patch for OP so it shouldn't be a problem.  Any help you can give me would be great.  

FireSoul

Re: Firesoul about your EAW missions compiled for OP?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 08:31:15 am »
Quote:

I reecently d/l your EAW missions for OP, I also d/l the update for it as well.  First I installed the missions, then I tnstalled the update.  I have a problem though, I started the campaign "Feds vs. ISC"  Everything goes well for the first two or three missions, then when I start the next mission, regardless of what it is, I get  a black screen where the ship and surrounding space should be, all the other status windows are there.  This stays up for about 30 seconds, then an error message tell me that OP must quit and I get dropped to the desktop.  Any ideas what may be doing this?  I do run Win XP, however I have the latest patch for OP so it shouldn't be a problem.  Any help you can give me would be great.  

Do you know which mission causes it to crash?
.. second, .. what missiongs file did you download? .. and which update?

If you look on  http://klingon.stasis.ca/EAW_missions/ (main site), you'll see there's no more updated available there.

-- Luc
FireSoul

Rogue NineCH

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 12:24:17 am »
I d/l them from a site called brianmoler.com,  i am re-d/l them from the main site and that might fix the problem.  I'll let you know.  thank you for your help.

One mission I know for sure that did it, was epicenter another was  patrol, and I think it also did it on shipyard defense.

FireSoul

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 05:44:49 am »
Quote:

One mission I know for sure that did it, was epicenter another was  patrol, and I think it also did it on shipyard defense.  

That's odd..
.. those are missions I never changed or fixed. All I did for those was recompile with the OP API. .. it kinda just works out of the box.

-- Luc