Topic: 4 plus 1 is five!!!  (Read 6061 times)

Offline Darth Chandley

• Naval Architect
  • Lt. Junior Grade
4 plus 1 is five!!!
« on: January 12, 2005, 12:14:30 pm »
Ok, we all know that... and please forgive the rather obscure title for this thread..

Now to the question in hand....

Far all those out there who have or have seen "STV:The Final Frontier" on DVD I ask this:  On the deleted scenes there's a shot of Chekov and Sulu walking past Mt Rushmore, now I know who Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt are but who's the extra guy??  I'll admit that my knowldege of US presidents is a little sketchy (being British and all) but is the extra face a past president or some as-yet-unelected one??

Cheers in advance if you know....

DC
Sailors fighting in the dance hall, Oh man! Look at those cavemen go
It's the freakiest show
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy, Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show
Is there life on Mars?

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
Re: 4 plus 1 is five!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 12:31:57 pm »
Just checked... I don't have a clue.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 03:19:14 pm »
Huh, there's another guy on Mt. Rushmore...I'll have to go view the movie on DVD again.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 05:51:46 pm »
Huh, there's another guy on Mt. Rushmore...I'll have to go view the movie on DVD again.

Yeah, he's on the left side as you are facing the mountian.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 06:03:31 pm »
It's Punisher, one of our Own Posters here.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 06:04:01 pm »
Anyone got a screenshot?

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 09:09:51 pm »
I'm going to pop it in right now, new post when I confirm...
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 09:18:41 pm »
rats, I don't have the special edition  :(
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 09:43:39 pm »
Heh... it could be Col. Green.

No wait!  Maybe Lieutenant Green... or Col. White... or Captain Scarlet!  Wait again- it could be Capt. Black!  If you squint maybe you can make out two circles floating on the face.

What?  They're nostrils?  Arghh.  Never mind.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 09:49:16 pm »
Heh... it could be Col. Green.

No wait!  Maybe Lieutenant Green... or Col. White... or Captain Scarlet!  Wait again- it could be Capt. Black!

IT'S COLONEL MUSTARD!!!

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 11:24:28 pm »

Found this online.  So, in the future, the President of the United States will be Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart?

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 10:55:50 am »
It could be possible, with the passing of the 29th and 30th amendments, allowing foreign born persons to hold office, and dead persons with an emissary to act as that person to hold office, respectively.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 10:58:33 am »
It could be possible, with the passing of the 29th and 30th amendments, allowing foreign born persons to hold office, and dead persons with an emissary to act as that person to hold office, respectively.

Legalizing the Dead Vote?  ;D ;D ;D

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005, 10:03:48 am »
It's the new base for team America.......you'd understand if you've seen the movie. ;D
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2005, 11:26:42 am »

Legalizing the Dead Vote?  ;D ;D ;D

Stephen

The dead have been voting for years in Chicago. :D
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2005, 02:17:22 pm »
I thought I heard commentary about this scene in my copy about how this hypothetical future president was an African-American woman, in a way pushing one of Gene's optimistic details of the future (equality) into view.  I could be wrong, I can always pop in my ST5 DVD, but I believe that's what it is... I think it was a nice mid-21st-century touch.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 05:00:16 pm »
I thought I heard commentary about this scene in my copy about how this hypothetical future president was an African-American woman, in a way pushing one of Gene's optimistic details of the future (equality) into view.  I could be wrong, I can always pop in my ST5 DVD, but I believe that's what it is... I think it was a nice mid-21st-century touch.

ya know, it might not be *mid* 21st century after all....  <cough> Condi </cough>