Topic: A Very Stupid SFC3 Qwestion.  (Read 4726 times)

Ravok

A Very Stupid SFC3 Qwestion.
« on: February 07, 2005, 11:17:13 pm »
So are we going to get a final patch for this thing Or are we stuck with it as, is. Because Taldren folded? :iamwithstupid: :help:

Its probally been discussed but i wasn't paying attention. :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: A Very Stupid SFC3 Qwestion.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 12:24:27 am »
  Pestalence is still working on it but taking his time to get it right with all the arcs as he as to check every ship.Funzy.

Ravok

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 12:30:26 am »
Pestalence you are a Saint . And you have my condolences. ;) :D

Thanks Age!!! :)  Hows the fleet going?

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 03:24:30 am »
The Fleet is going very slowly at this time but oh well.We will get there sooner or later.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 03:37:26 am »
So are we going to get a final patch for this thing Or are we stuck with it as, is. Because Taldren folded? :iamwithstupid: :help:

Its probally been discussed but i wasn't paying attention. :-[ :-[ :-[

As for doing client changes.. not possible without source code...

I'm just trying to put the arcs into the game that allows for racial diversity (simulating the proper firing arcs from proper locations), possibly reducing the ammount of weapons the ships come with off the bat thus making them the basic line model of the ship (intrepid is over armed)..

Also going to try to balance out the Common Settings *.gf files as much as possible while still maintaining the health relation to weapon effectiveness...

Maybe up the Officer health a bit, but not taking them OTT the way some mods do.... Officers are suppose to die in SFC III which is why there is a system to buy officers... I believe it is a matter of tweaking toughness to get a balance..

Anyhow.. am about finished with the Federation vessels.. i am doing this in my spare time... mainly on weekends when I have time off from work...

Hopefully someday Activision will give the source code so that game related code issues can be fixed... but until such a time, i can only do what any modder can do.. i just happen to be trying to do it to the stock game...
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Ravok

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 03:49:01 am »
Well you have my thanks. :) And its allot better than nothing.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Craptovision releasing the source code , or doing anything to help us tho. >:(
Every polite inquiry i have made has gotten no responce, or a terse snotty one. :thumbsdown:

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 01:28:00 pm »
Well  you all may hate him or don't favour him but if their is one thing I am going to ask Victor about and is getting the source codes released for all the trek games they made.He isn't afraid of of bashing Activisin or lack there of as he as done it in the past.He wanted Harry to get some more of the games that Activion put out  to keep the community together sort of speak as there are players who want those games out there in addition it would be nice if Quicksilver could make up some more SFC2 Orion Pirates and Empires at War games.The only thing Victor really cares about are the players that pay good money for their games and in return get buggy game.That is why it called the Star Trek Gamers for the gamers not the industry.

Offline NannerSlug

• Master of the "Magic Photon"
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • SFC3.Net
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 02:54:54 pm »
What you do not understand Age is that victor actually HURTS the community. You dont know how bad things got messed up when him and is ilk tried to ride rough shod over taldren. The way is to work WITH the developers and such - not against them.

Ever hear of the axiom never bite the hand that feeds you?

that does meant you have to be sheep, but that does mean some of the stunts that he and his ilk pulled actually hurt things. That is a fact.
"A Republican thinks every day is July 4th. A Democrat thinks every day is April 15th." - Ronald Reagan

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 03:27:47 pm »
  I am not bringing up the past I am fully aware of that but it is past.It is time to look to the future as there several who want copies of SFC3. but get them and new copies.That is all I am saying.

Offline NannerSlug

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • SFC3.Net
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 04:23:00 pm »
I am talking about both. I am more aware of what is going on with him than what he probably thinks.

That said, would it be nice to see the sfc3 source? you bet. Just like many here want the sfc2 source released. The question is how. Giving activision and Paramount the bird is not going to cut it.

Ideas are welcome - but my money is not on peeing in their cornflakes. :)
"A Republican thinks every day is July 4th. A Democrat thinks every day is April 15th." - Ronald Reagan

Ravok

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 04:41:03 pm »
I am talking about both. I am more aware of what is going on with him than what he probably thinks.

That said, would it be nice to see the sfc3 source? you bet. Just like many here want the sfc2 source released. The question is how. Giving activision and Paramount the bird is not going to cut it.

Ideas are welcome - but my money is not on peeing in their cornflakes. :)

Nanner thats all good, and I really do understand where you are coming from. :( I'm really not being a smart ar$e honestly :))

But what will work with these people ? Being nice will not work . Being patient will not work.

Face it these guys made their money off us and dropped us like a hot turd.  Its pretty apparent the company, as a whole has washed their hands clean of the whole affair.

The only way you can get these guys to listen to you is to get them where it hurts. In their pocket book, Or bad PR ,Or legal action.

If we just sit here meekly asking for handouts ( For something that should have worked in the first place) We will get what we are getting now. Nothing ....................................

And i for one really resent paying 50$ for something that will never work wright.

How long are we sopposed to wait?

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 06:01:44 pm »
I've got an idea.  When it comes to posting here on dyna, I'm still one of the new guys.  But, here's my idea.  Gather enough of the old Taldren team that are willing to do something, and gather enough of the beta testers for SFC3, and get them to prove that the game was faulty and never worked right out of the box.  Then, class action lawsuit.  :-D  Just my opinion.  With a class action lawsuit, and evidence that there are still TONS of bugs in the game that cannot be corrected, it can be argued that Activision defrauded those that purchased a copy of the game by selling a below adequate product, and refusing to fix it, knowing full well the problems that existed in the game. 

Just my thought on the whole matter.  Probably a long shot, but hey. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Ravok

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 06:54:18 pm »
You know Dihak I have been mulling the same thing in my head for a while . But I'm no lawyer and would not even know where to start

I do really think we need to make some kind of protest as a comunity,and wake these guys up..

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 10:03:43 am »
We could always send nude pictures of William Shatner to the people at Acivision and Paramount, at least those responsible for making a sub-standard game.  MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline NannerSlug

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • SFC3.Net
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 12:12:34 am »
Ravok,

I dont know the answer. I just know that swatting at a hornets nest is not how to get things done. I suppose the first question we can all ask our selves is what are we after? The source code for SFC3 would be great.

It looks like quicksilver has authorized the release of their director program, right? (have they or not?) At that point it becomes gaining access to the code which Taldren kept - and activision partly owns. So, the question becomes how do we get activision to release the code to at least someone that is trusted?

I think that is a place to start.

It does upset me that there was never an official patch for sfc3.

Ravok

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 03:07:33 am »
I think giving the source code to somebody is the only answer . And the only way we are going to get a finished game.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2005, 04:31:02 pm »
But who would be in a position to obtain the source code, legally, and still know what's left to do with the game to make it like it was supposed to be? 

Offline NannerSlug

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • SFC3.Net
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2005, 07:56:09 pm »
I know a couple - but will not mention any names.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2005, 08:01:21 pm »
I'm thinking Conferance call with a Few of us.

Nanner, toastyO , Frey, The name not mentioned, and a few others.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War