Topic: tips and tools needed for conversions  (Read 735 times)

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
tips and tools needed for conversions
« on: February 19, 2005, 11:58:37 pm »
maybe for everyone so if we can get it stickied.

my tools i have.
1.3dsmax4.2
2.milkshape3d
3.ultimate unwrap
4.lithium unwrap (almost the same as ultimate unwrap.) free version if u can find it.
5.deep exploration 3d
6.get evry plugin u can find for the programs, and i mean every plugin.
7.lots lots of freespace on ur HD. sometimes a 1 meg file can become a temp 5 meg or more file when converting.
8.i have PSP8 cause it has a batch conversion for textures.

these r just a few things i have to help. more things to come in this thread.

there is just 2 more things u'll need lots of.  lol TIME and PATIENCE kidding aside but ull also need luck too.

Offline manitoba1073

• FLEET ADMIRAL OF THE YARDS
  • Lt. Commander
    • manitobashipyards
Re: tips and tools needed for conversions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 12:13:22 am »
im going to try to type out a quick conversion here for everyone. as i said try  :gg:

1. u downloaded the model for some site.
2. now open the file u'll want to make a second folder of it with nothing in it. ie- akira,akira1
3. open ur texture program and if the textures r in any format other than .BMP form u'll need to convert them over to .BMP format, save them in the second folder so all it has now is the textures. cross ur fingers they r in 8x8 or derivites of that sizes ie-16x16 32x32 64x64 128x128 256x256 512x512 1024x1024 or any combination there of.
4.depending on the file open one of ur modeling programs. then load the model from the first(original folder) using the appropriate plugin. cross ur fingers. literally.
5.if it loads ok even with out textures showing, not usually a problem, export or save it as a .mod file in the second folder u made that has the textures only. cross ur fingers again.
6.and if u get lucky open ur mod viewer. then load the mod file from the second folder. 50% of the time u can get lucky and the textures will be on the model.
7. and then all u have to do is make a brk model. run it through the modeling tools for sfc3, and add to game.
that is if u get lucky.