Topic: Please help problem gettin me stressed  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Cpt.Bazkat

• Lt. Junior Grade
Please help problem gettin me stressed
« on: February 21, 2005, 05:13:48 pm »
Hey i know this has been covered about 6 million times but i cannot log into dynaverse 3, it does the hole count down thing and then asks for an ip address i give it mine and repeats the hole process to no success.

i do not have a router of which i know of. my fire wall is disabled, im running a 56k modem which doesnt have a built in firewall and my service provider is aol.

i think the problem is down to my ip address as it is an internal one and i think dyna 3 requires a external ip address if this is the problem is there a solution and if so what is it?

i have looked at all the threads containing help on this subject and they all confused me so simple words please.

thanks in advance dan.

Offline GarrethMacLeod

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Alternate B Website
Re: Please help problem gettin me stressed
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 12:28:55 am »
Go to http://www.ipaddressworld.com. That should give you your external IP address.

Does AOL assign you an internal IP address?
Alternate B Chief Map Drone and General Whipping Boy
http://www.AlternateB.org

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 01:06:47 am »
Also are you running WinXP? and If so have you disabled there firewall?

Does AOL have there own Firewall built in now?

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Cpt.Bazkat

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 05:29:12 pm »
Ive checked if aol has a firewall and it odesnt which is annoying because when u said aol and firewall my heart lit up because it seemed like sumthin id miss, but unfortunatly aol doesnt have one.

i also plaeced the ip address from that page and i didnt work thanks for giving me the page as well i think it will come in usefull in the future.

so please if any one else has any ideas im welcome to sagestion.

Offline S31-Riptide

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Chaotic Network & SFC3.net
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 12:51:05 pm »
Check with your ISP and make sure they are not blocking any of the ports used in Dynaverse Play... plus scan your system for spy/adware,  I've had some nasty spyware keep me from dyna in the past.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 01:42:52 pm »
OK.. to work my magic once again...

Go into your start button...

Click on run

Type in Services.msc

click OK..

in the window scroll down to Universal Plug and Play.. right click and select Properties.. change Automatic to Disable, click OK

Next scroll down further to Windows Firewall

Right click and select properties

Set Automatic to Disable

Click OK..

Close the Services.msc panel

Next click on Start, click Run and type in MSCONFIG

click on the startup tab

look for anything to do with Mouse drivers or helpers.. uncheck these.. while in here, uncheck everything that you absolutely do not need when your system starts up.. it is better for your system for you to launch applications like Yahoo Messenger, AIM and stuff manually that to have it load at start up...

Also if you are on Dial-up, get rid of AO HELL, It is not designed for gaming..

Look for an ISP service like Earthlink or for 1/2 the cost of AO Hell go with Surfbest.net.. it is much more stable and you do not need any of that interferring 3rd party web surfing crap that things like AOL installs

That means you can uninstall AO Hell and use the native windows components like Internet Explorer (AOL will void your CS contract if they find out you ever used IE wen online with AOL)... and Windows Messenger and Outlook Express.. plus your system will run much more smoothly and will use a lot less in resources, especially bandwidth and memory..

Also if you don't like Internet Explorer, you can install Firefox, which is still a lot better than IE..

Get out of the Swamp and get into the city.. that is the difference with a service like Surfbest compared to AO Hell.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 01:47:42 pm »
Check with your ISP and make sure they are not blocking any of the ports used in Dynaverse Play... plus scan your system for spy/adware, I've had some nasty spyware keep me from dyna in the past.

This is also good advice.. use Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Microsoft Anti-Spyware to get Malware, Trojans, Browser Hijackers, Adware, Tracking cookies, and toolbars off your system.. all these things are BAD and can cause severe problems with your PC.

The programs I mention above are to be used TOGETHER and not just 1.. all 3 are necessary to get rid of spyware as 1 progrm may find things that the other 2 down't and so on....
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team