Topic: The Gas Free Zone Server!!!!  (Read 16528 times)

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: The Gas Free Zone Server!!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2005, 04:49:04 pm »
Unzip the attached file, right click and edit the .reg file to match your OP installation directory (leave double slashes) save it, then right click and merge it.

:notworthy:
Man u r unbeleivable!!! thx
Its ok though since its already worked manually as u had already gave me the code

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2005, 04:52:23 pm »
np, that bit of code is supposed to make things easier by detecting your OP installation folder... but there is the odd case like this...

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2005, 06:19:23 pm »
Thanks Bonk for the registry update for SFC:OP.

I was having the same problem with the GFZ.exe file since I don't have my OP files on my C drive.

Thanks again,

Agave
One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2005, 07:23:51 pm »
Pirates using the ISC and Mirak interface can engine double. U have to have set the hotkey, tho. Ill make a post later explaining it unless someone hopefully beats me to it...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2005, 09:37:56 pm »
Thanks Bonk for the registry update for SFC:OP.

I was having the same problem with the GFZ.exe file since I don't have my OP files on my C drive.

Thanks again,

Agave

Shouldn't matter at all where they are installed... if you installed from the CD to drive X it will work fine... if you have lost your registry settings due to OS upgrades or disk transplants then it will not detect that OP is installed (it isn't - it has been copied from somewhere or the registry has been lost...)... if the OP registry settings are intact the installer will then check to see if OP+4.0 is installed (from the registry-which must be installed to the same location as referenced by the OP registry settings) it will then launch and prompt you confirm your OP installation folder (in case you are incorrectly using a copy not referred by the registry) so it will install to an OP installation at ANY disk location... IF the registry settings are intact... if your registry settings are not intact, then I highly reccomend reinstalling OP from the original CD. ... <takes deep breath>

if that looks complicated it's not... If you install OP (to anywhere) from CD... then install OP+ 4.0 on that same copy of OP and don't move it everything will be fine...

if you must have multiple OP installs then make copies of the folder and cycle the active one at the same location as you originally installed to...

also note that if you have installed OP+3.4 since you have installed OP+4.0 the installer will not detect that OP+4.0 is installed because they use the same registry location to store the version number

Cool, just make sure it points to the actual location of the OP install you are using and you'll be all set...

in any case the current client shiplist and all the missions but tracey's convoy raid are in one of my posts above...

Pirates using the ISC and Mirak interface can engine double. U have to have set the hotkey, tho. Ill make a post later explaining it unless someone hopefully beats me to it...

The default hotkey is "O". (its the in bindings.ini by default but does not show on the hotkeys page in game)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 10:23:49 pm by Bonk »

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2005, 12:30:42 am »
Servers down.

Offline KBF-Nail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2005, 12:46:06 am »
Yeah I know!!!

Having Issues.  Keep getting mando on Bases!!!!   Might be map issue or gf setting

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2005, 02:13:12 am »
I have it running mandatories properly on my server... I did not have the GFZ map to test though... so it could be the map, but I did find some more very suspicious gf errors (see your e-mail). I'll leave the test up there on the stock map on my server till you get a chance to download the server and config from me and put the GFZ map in... (I rebuilt your settings from stock).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 03:07:47 am by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2005, 10:18:57 am »
Its gonna have to go to total war missions... underway...   edit: done. posted installer and serverkit updated.

(will require an uninstall, download and reinstall of GFZ...the internal update function of the GFZ setup is only set up to handle shiplists updates so far... but I hope to have installers for future servers setup to handle patching all necessary files internally... then it will only be one "download" per server...  ;D)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 10:36:38 am by Bonk »

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2005, 11:40:25 am »
Why total war? The map was designed so there should be racial tensions setup for a 3-way but where only 2 sides are playable. The Roms, Feds and Gorns are Non Player Races allied against both the ISC+Hydrans vs the Mirak+Lyrans+Klinks. Everyone has allies... It should work fine with regular missions. From a tech standpoint, I'd like to know why it doesnt work.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2005, 12:04:29 pm »
I know the setup... theoretically what you say should work... but the hydrans have only one ally, in testing on the stock map I got Klingon AI allies as a hydran... this was an "executive decision" on my part... because I could envision a situation of the gfz map where you are closer to Klingon bases than ISC bases and end up with klingon AI allies and no DV shift...

It may not be necessary once we put the gfz map back in... its a preventative measure at this point... I had the time to do it now and there should be little to no effect on gameplay anyway. (just need to test drafting allies)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 12:17:08 pm by Bonk »

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2005, 12:06:04 pm »

Just curious.  Whys is it called "The Gas Free Zone"?

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2005, 12:07:29 pm »
No idea... something to do with Hydrans? (I think if you read the background above it may explain it).

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2005, 12:18:56 pm »
No idea... something to do with Hydrans? (I think if you read the background above it may explain it).

I read that a few days ago, and "The Gas Wars has begun" line at the end of the story made sense.  Oxygen vs. Methane. 

"Gas Free" I was less sure of.  I haven't had a chance to see the map yet.  Are there lots of asteroids and few planets?

It doesn't matter.  I like the name.  I was just curious how it played into the story. 

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

Gorn Dragon Templar

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2005, 12:19:22 pm »
Pre-story was there were 2 extremely suitable habitable planets in the neutral zone (still are afaik) one Methane and one Oxygen. Threats of atmospheric methane and oxygen bombs were traded back and forth till a neutral zone was setup to prevent both empires from coming into contact with the other. Something like that :D Nail was working on a full story...

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2005, 12:20:49 pm »
Pre-story was there were 2 extremely suitable habitable planets in the neutral zone (still are afaik) one Methane and one Oxygen. Threats of atmospheric methane and oxygen bombs were traded back and forth till a neutral zone was setup to prevent both empires from coming into contact with the other. Something like that :D Nail was working on a full story...

Cool!  Sounds interesting.

-S'Cipio

Gorn Dragon Templar

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2005, 12:29:10 pm »
I know the setup... theoretically what you say should work... but the hydrans have only one ally, in testing on the stock map I got Klingon AI allies as a hydran...

I'm just trying to help here... Dont want to get in the way, but I'm concerned from 2x standpoints, technical curiosity and to make sure the map I helped Nail on works. So what yu are telling me is you used a stock map and got klink allies? Well doh, their nearest allies are miles away. :P On the GFZ map, there are ISC bases and Planets in hydran space. TRhe missions should be fine...? But do not total war missions strictly limit AI helpers to the draft race? Noi cross racial allies? If that's so, there wont be any mixture of Pirate and Empire ships. I think... FYI only here. But you already knew that.

Oh, and we are talking about the right maps? Stock is stock and then there was one Nail did where I only saw 4 races on the map and then there was the GFZ map that I saw last night that had ISC hexes in Hydran space, which should be the correct map sans terrain atp...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2005, 12:41:03 pm »
Not considered interference at all...

Yes, all of that considered (ISC other side of map...) stock map being used now is middlemap.mvm... I did not have a copy of the gfz map to test on...

If you have it and want to send it to me we can go back to non-tw missions and see what happens if a hydran goes into klink territory... it would be better to use non-tw missions... but send it quick (the map)... not a big deal to test it out I can do it pretty quick...

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2005, 01:55:37 pm »
Sending ity now...

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2005, 02:33:21 pm »
Sending ity now...

Please use my new e-mail address in my profile... hotmail is broken  (no attachments anymore) and I'm fed up with it and have moved.