Topic: The Gas Free Zone Server!!!!  (Read 16505 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: The Gas Free Zone Server!!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2005, 03:02:35 pm »
Thanks, map received; server reset to non-tw on the gfz map, installer and posted serverkit updated. Let's see what we get... hopefully the non-tw missions will be ok - they'd be better... (thankfully, the installer is only 1.6MB so its not a big deal to update for testing...).

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2005, 04:19:20 pm »
Ok, just ran a Kar_jpatrol (non-tw) as a hydran in klingon territory on the gfz map, got a C-PR3 as an AI ally (from the ISC slot I assume, he was actaully some help, lol), won the mission and the DV shifted the right way... so at first glance it looks ok on non-tw missions.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2005, 08:53:43 am »
Hey whas up with this server?
Deadmansix told me Sunday should begin! :)
Do we have technical issues or lack of interest..? :(
What group should i request access to fly Lyran  :D?
Who is the Lyran RM for this Server?
Why only 3-4 people play in the test server?
Come on sfcwizzards we r getting rusty here!!

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2005, 11:35:49 am »
I think its due for a Sunday start... not really expecting a big crowd for a fun server...

Looks good technicallly... be nice to get some coop tests of the EEK missions in before tomorrow... so if we have to pull them its not mid server... (mission testing notes: have a good connection and no software firewalls, be aware of the client missionlist panel update bug, do not forfeit, leave the hex to force your map to update, watch for non-allied "allies"... you must duplicate any observed bug... once does not count... etc...)

Interest-wise I think it might pick up when people realise that this campaign has pirates that can warp double in empire slots... real pirates on the empire layer!  8)

Webmap here:  The Gas Free Zone Webmap

Nail has yet to add terrain to the map, (should be ready for tomorrow) and I have planet and base display disabled on the webmap till Nail lets me know if he wants either on...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 11:42:16 pm by Bonk »

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2005, 02:15:34 pm »
I think its due for a Sunday start... not really expecting a big crowd for a fun server...

Looks good technicallly... be nice to get some coop tests of the EEK missions in before tomorrow... so if we have to pull them its not mid server... (mission testing notes: have a good connection and no software firewalls, be aware of the client missionlist panel update bug, do not forfeit, leave the hex to force your map to update, watch for non-allied "allies"... etc...)

Interest-wise I think it might pick up when people realise that this campaign has pirates that can warp double in empire slots... real pirates on the empire layer! 8)

Webmap here: The Gas Free Zone Webmap

Nail has yet to add terrain to the map, (should be ready for tomorrow) and I have planet and base display disabled on the webmap till Nail lets me know if he wants either on...

Fun server???U mean SG4 wasnt a fun server?
Now if u mean its gonna be free to take what ever ship u want or it wont have any VC s ,i think the server description says the opposite.

I m new here and i propably dont know all things but could anyone tell me 1 reason why should GFZ server have less crowd from GW5?
hmmm :help:

btw considering the GW5 will have only feds , gorn,rom its a good chance here for the hydran/lyran funs.

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2005, 02:28:53 pm »
You will see the numbers pick up when the server goes live, not everyone tests the server beforehand, though they should really heh.

Some servers are considered fun and som are known as "major campaigns",its hard to define what is fun or major some people only used to fly sfc2.net/ CW series and didnt fly some of fun short term servers.

Perhaps someone else can define whats the differences between a fun/major server, though it is hard to define.. more so now than in comparison to the past...

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2005, 02:34:21 pm »
You will see the numbers pick up when the server goes live, not everyone tests the server beforehand, though they should really heh.

Some servers are considered fun and som are known as "major campaigns",its hard to define what is fun or major some people only used to fly sfc2.net/ CW series and didnt fly some of fun short term servers.

Perhaps someone else can define whats the differences between a fun/major server, though it is hard to define..

i already feel better Grim :)

What group should i request access to fly Lyran  ?
Who is the Lyran RM for this Server?

p.s: hmm i have the feeling i know u Grim.Were u the rank12 of KBF in the last WGL campaign?

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2005, 02:43:08 pm »
Going on the basis of the information at the begining of the thread, you need to ask for access at www.bozobits.com/forums

for the following forums:

Coalition
Lyrans

click on usergroups and select join a group for those groups and the moderators should get back to you.

p.s: hmm i have the feeling i know u Grim.Were u the rank12 of KBF in the last WGL campaign?

nope i dont fly league so it wasnt me, almost flew in a league in 2002 but it wasnt 'my cup of tea', havent looked into it since.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2005, 02:55:55 pm »
hmm its not the coallition i already tryed that...it might be the lyran group then.

nope i dont fly league so it wasnt me, almost flew in a league in 2002 but it wasnt 'my cup of tea', havent looked into it since.
my wrong! there werent KBF but KEW.The rank 12 of them might had a similar name with yours

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2005, 04:01:26 pm »
Serious servers have flame wars, that's the only difference  ;D
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2005, 04:19:02 pm »
hmm its not the coallition i already tryed that...it might be the lyran group then.

my wrong! there werent KBF but KEW.The rank 12 of them might had a similar name with yours

Butcher, the WGL leader of KEW was Kymtar, which Zx3 and joedojoe and a couple other guys flew for.  There was a guy with a name similar, but it was not Grim.  For KWP it was Nobby. KWG had Becca, B'ellana, and Karnage mostly.  For KOL it was XCMer, Krownyelf and Semajelf.  KHH had a team in there as well, lead by Devil, with I think Jackle and Shadowlord, but not sure if those 2 were there back then.  we also had the lone Mirak  Pirate-DOA.  I would have to see if I can find any notes from back then for more names.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2005, 04:34:47 pm »
Serious servers have flame wars, that's the only difference ;D
i c
Well that can be arranged u ugly ape  ;D

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2005, 04:41:54 pm »

Butcher, the WGL leader of KEW was Kymtar, which Zx3 and joedojoe and a couple other guys flew for. There was a guy with a name similar, but it was not Grim. For KWP it was Nobby. KWG had Becca, B'ellana, and Karnage mostly. For KOL it was XCMer, Krownyelf and Semajelf. KHH had a team in there as well, lead by Devil, with I think Jackle and Shadowlord, but not sure if those 2 were there back then. we also had the lone Mirak Pirate-DOA. I would have to see if I can find any notes from back then for more names.

hmm u must be talking about another wgl campaign since KHH wasnt playing there.What i m talking about took place last year and it didnt hold long.It actually never ended

I found some notes about what fleets that played there:
KEG-Gorn
FBF-Fed
RIG-Hydran
KOL Lyran
420th ISC
KEW Klink
EOD-Klink
7th-ISC
DIF-FED
KIG--klink there u are  ;D
GT-Hydans

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2005, 05:09:15 pm »

Butcher, the WGL leader of KEW was Kymtar, which Zx3 and joedojoe and a couple other guys flew for. There was a guy with a name similar, but it was not Grim. For KWP it was Nobby. KWG had Becca, B'ellana, and Karnage mostly. For KOL it was XCMer, Krownyelf and Semajelf. KHH had a team in there as well, lead by Devil, with I think Jackle and Shadowlord, but not sure if those 2 were there back then. we also had the lone Mirak Pirate-DOA. I would have to see if I can find any notes from back then for more names.

I was in KOL, but i never participated in the league aspect.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2005, 07:45:00 pm »
Shiplist updated... use the update feature of the GFZ setup if you already have GFZ installed.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2005, 12:00:52 pm »

hmm u must be talking about another wgl campaign since KHH wasnt playing there.What i m talking about took place last year and it didnt hold long.It actually never ended

I found some notes about what fleets that played there:
KEG-Gorn
FBF-Fed
RIG-Hydran
KOL Lyran
420th ISC
KEW Klink
EOD-Klink
7th-ISC
DIF-FED
KIG--klink there u are  ;D
GT-Hydans

Oh lol sorry.  I remember that one, run by Morpheus.  My apologies, was thinking back to the one before that one.  I would have to look back at my records on that one too.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2005, 12:10:07 pm »
Please reset ands start accounts at 50,000 pp and a 2275 start. Thx.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2005, 12:16:08 pm »
Please reset ands start accounts at 50,000 pp and a 2275 start. Thx.

Will do, but we still have not tested the early start (sound familiar? ;)).

edit: done...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 12:28:21 pm by Bonk »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2005, 01:23:39 pm »
Ran a mission in 2275 - seemed ok, setting up for start in 45 minutes now...

Offline Ibn'aar

• "The sky is never darker than in Nightstar..."
  • Ensign
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2005, 12:04:20 am »
Ummm, Nail...the mission matching seems a little...extreme.  I ran a patrol (don't know which, sorry, it just said Patrol) in a CC, had a C-SAL2 (whatever that is) for AI help and had not one but two  H-REG dn's to fight!  Something seems a little off.  Just thought I'd let ya know.
-Zarkat (Captain) Ibn'aar, 3rd Son of Count Iblis of Nightstar, Commanding Officer of the Nightstar County Ship Slashing Star-

-Assigned to patrol the reaches of Far Stars / Diplomatic and Covert Operations / Tears of the Fallen / Wanderer of Nightstar-