Topic: sfc2 cd key it ain' working help please  (Read 4283 times)

Trey3

sfc2 cd key it ain' working help please
« on: March 07, 2003, 06:27:36 am »
my cd key is not working i put it in and it says it ain't the right one i just bought it yesterday
and its not leting me play single player missions thanks  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Trey3 »

Aldaron

Re: sfc2 cd key it ain' working help please
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 07:46:12 am »
Quote:

my cd key is not working i put it in and it says it ain't the right one i just bought it yesterday

SFC2 requires a 20 character CD key. More than likely you got one of the shipments that went out with OP CD keys (16 character). Get in touch with Interplay and have them give you the correct key. I'm not sure if Taldren can give out the keys, if so you can try sending an e-mail to Taldren.

SciFiCajun

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 04:01:31 am »
Thank you Aldaron. I've had the same problem as Trey.  Just bought SFC II yesterday and CD Key doesn't work.  Where  in Louisiana did you buy game Trey?  

Praxis

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 08:05:17 am »
go to Start, Run, and type Regedit.  Scroll through the registry till you find Taldren or Interplay, and find SFC2, somewhere in there should be a line that says your CD key.  Works for SFC3 anyway, haven't tried it for SFC2.  In fact i'd even guess that you could edit the CD key, but don't try it unless you write down your original key first in case it screws up.

Try it

EDIT: I couldn't find the CD key there for SFC2, but maybe i missed it, check yourself...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 08:14:07 am by Praxis »

Trey3

sfc2 cd key it ain' working help please
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 06:27:36 am »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Trey3 »

Aldaron

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2003, 07:46:12 am »
Quote:

SFC2 requires a 20 character CD key. More than likely you got one of the shipments that went out with OP CD keys (16 character). Get in touch with Interplay and have them give you the correct key. I'm not sure if Taldren can give out the keys, if so you can try sending an e-mail to Taldren.

SciFiCajun

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 04:01:31 am »
Thank you Aldaron. I've had the same problem as Trey.  Just bought SFC II yesterday and CD Key doesn't work.  Where  in Louisiana did you buy game Trey?  

Praxis

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2003, 08:05:17 am »
go to Start, Run, and type Regedit.  Scroll through the registry till you find Taldren or Interplay, and find SFC2, somewhere in there should be a line that says your CD key.  Works for SFC3 anyway, haven't tried it for SFC2.  In fact i'd even guess that you could edit the CD key, but don't try it unless you write down your original key first in case it screws up.

Try it

EDIT: I couldn't find the CD key there for SFC2, but maybe i missed it, check yourself...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 08:14:07 am by Praxis »