Topic: Rosters should be closed.  (Read 4606 times)

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
Rosters should be closed.
« on: March 23, 2005, 10:33:31 pm »
This issue is something that was brought to my attention and seems reasonable to me.

I would like to see the rosters closed at the end of the season.  Nobody that was not on the roster for the regular season should be allowed to fly in the playoffs.  No ringers.
Former Federation A/RM SFC2.NET
Former Federation RM SFC2.NET
Hydran A/RM LB4
Interim Federation RM GW3
Federation RM GW4

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Re: Rosters should be closed.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 10:39:32 pm »
I agree with that. For the regular season I think the 1 week notice is fine, but at some point before the playoffs the rosters should be locked.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 08:01:28 am »
Thats already the rule.  Besides are there even enough players for a team to be loading up on talent?

See you in the playoffs. :)

762_XC

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 04:17:46 pm »
Does this have anything to do with Marcus coming back?

<snicker>

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 04:19:32 pm »
Does this have anything to do with Marcus coming back?

<snicker>

Nope, nothing I've heard about.
Hydran A/RM LB4
Federation RM GW4

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 04:20:28 pm »
Thats already the rule.  Besides are there even enough players for a team to be loading up on talent?

If it's a rule please refer me to where it is written as such cause I don't recall seeing it anywhere.
Hydran A/RM LB4
Federation RM GW4

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 04:25:42 pm »

If it's a rule please refer me to where it is written as such cause I don't recall seeing it anywhere.

I think it was posted in a thread on the old GZ sight, somehow all the rules seem to have been left behind except the PBR definition.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline FPF-Bach

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 04:28:17 pm »

I think it was posted in a thread on the old GZ sight, somehow all the rules seem to have been left behind except the PBR definition.

Perhaps we could see about getting them posted and stickied here?  I think if this league is to continue on after this cycle then they should be here for easy reference
Hydran A/RM LB4
Federation RM GW4

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 04:30:29 pm »

Perhaps we could see about getting them posted and stickied here?  I think if this league is to continue on after this cycle then they should be here for easy reference

I agree but can't seem to find the link to the old site, if it is even still up. So until then let's just play without any rules ;)
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 04:34:13 pm »
Found the site but the forums are down, and probably for good. :-[
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 05:06:43 pm »
Jakle might have a copy of the rules.

But I do remember that adding members was a nono, started in the points league when towards the end of the cycle the top 5 fleets loaded up with all the active players to try and finish strong leaving tons of dead fleets.

When the PBR league stared I think there was a 1 week cooling period and the rosters were frozen with 2 weeks left to play. Thats how I remember it but its been a while.

That said an admin could always approve of a player coming back onto a team "IF"  he was originally a member and  if that team needs players; that player is not leaving another current active team.

Slider

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 05:08:23 pm »
Jakle might have a copy of the rules.

But I do remember that adding members was a nono, started in the points league when towards the end of the cycle the top 5 fleets loaded up with all the active players to try and finish strong leaving tons of dead fleets.

When the PBR league stared I think there was a 1 week cooling period and the rosters were frozen with 2 weeks left to play. Thats how I remember it but its been a while.

That said an admin could always approve of a player coming back onto a team "IF"  he was originally a member and  if that team needs players; that player is not leaving another current active team.

Slider

That was pretty much how I remembered it. Can't recall if there were really anyother rules either besides the PRB itself.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 06:10:56 pm »
Yea I just threw that one in there, basically to allow players who are not already playing in the league to get in on the fun. We shouldn't (I think) turn away players.

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 06:48:52 pm »
I can agree w/ that Slider.  But once the finals are set, new players should wait for the next cycle.  Unless, of course, it works to my advantage (j/k ;) )

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 11:13:06 pm »
lol, did my post really come out like that....lol, i take it back then.   8)

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 07:54:18 am »
There were rules...they covered a wide range of stuff: 90% of which you all know intuitively which is probably why you guys haven't missed them.

I'll see if I can't manage to get them and I'll post them for reference - they would need updating though.  They were written for Cycle 1, and their were changes for cycle 2, but the rules were never updated.