Topic: OP or SFC3  (Read 1288 times)

Offline sk065

• Ensign
OP or SFC3
« on: March 21, 2005, 10:28:00 am »
HI,

I cant decide whether to buy SFc:OP or SFC3.
I was wondering, which game is better for dynaverse playing?  Are there more people playing dynaverse 2 than 3? I am willing to mod the game so please take this into consideration if you decide to reply.  Thanks in advance!

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: OP or SFC3
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 01:11:01 pm »
    I would get both of them as they are both great made by the same company and there are good mods for them but more fore SFC3 .If you aren't a SFB person there could be more mods for SFC.2 OP.Buy both  and split your time on the Dynaverse as you don't know which one you might be good at.I likke both on an equal footing.I hope this helps you out.btw don't listen to Crim.<snicker>

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 04:11:26 pm »
Get OP, absolutely, it's cheaper.  I'll also direct you to the following thread:

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163353401.0.html  :D

To me OP is where it is at, it's a deeper gaming experience on many levels.  SFC3 is also much more expensive, I believe.  If you've got the excess cash lying around then I suppose you could go for 3 as well.  I feel I must say this, however, every one of my friends that plays SFC was horribly disappointed with SFC3 (even those that don't, or haven't ever played SFB) and many returned the game or traded it in and were very angry for having to have done so.  I'm not saying some don't enjoy it, but I didn't warn my friends because I questioned my own judgement on it and figured I'd let them make up their own minds (this was mostly due to a great many debates and I figured I'd keep an open mind and see what others thought of it), and they were pretty ticked off that I didn't shy them away from spending the cash on the game, so now I'll do so.  SFC3 does have some nice features that a lot of folks wanted, but it stripped far too much out of the gameplay and immersion, without putting in adequate replacement.

Ravok

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 04:26:20 pm »
There is also an outstanding mod by Chris Jones out there that takes OP to the TNG era . Its what SFC3 was supposed to be.

That and all the oustanding work by FireSoul and others, literally gives you hundreds of hours of gaming enjoyment.

In my humble opinion OP is the way to go.

Welcome to Dynaverse.net sk065 !!! :)

Offline Reptor

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Jack Ryder - The Rundorth Faction
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 07:38:42 pm »
Oh, I don't know. It depends on what kind of experience you like. If you like shooters with fast action, get SFC3. If you like slower, deliberate gameplay with tactical depth, get OP. There's plenty of people in both isles and you'll be well accompanied.

Hi everyone.  ;D

Jim
http://embark.to/paint

Offline sk065

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 08:13:16 am »
Thanks for all the help guys!  I have managed to secure a copy of SFC3 with the intention of playing Generations at war mod on the dynaverse.  But I cant seem to find a listuing for it after i install the beta patch.  Is there a server for this mod or is it just down at the moment?

Thansk again

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 12:28:59 pm »
   Go over to the D3 forum and ask over there and look around mostly posting from NannerSlug and if you want check out Unity another good mod for SFC3 go here and check it out.

http://sfc3.puterz.net/index.php

when you are over there ask about Islandwars mod as it another good mod.I hope this helps you out.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 01:01:40 pm »
Here's a link to the D3 Forums for GAW ran by Nanners. http://64.182.35.79/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0

Hope tht helps you out.

Stephen

PS. Welcome to the boards, and If you get the chance, Feel free to check out some of the Fiction people here have. Really talented People.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War