Topic: Region specific OP disks?  (Read 1037 times)

Vic

Region specific OP disks?
« on: March 22, 2005, 09:49:31 am »
Yeah, just my luck, i get a few copies of OP to give away as competition prizes and the rumor of Interplay making them region specific turns out to be true...take a gander...

GAAAAAHHHHHH!

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Region specific OP disks?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 02:28:25 pm »
   I never noticed that before and we are in North America ok this is for those that only live in the UK.I hope it is not your only one though to give away.

Offline 3dot14

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Starfleet Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 06:42:37 pm »
Yeah, just my luck, i get a few copies of OP to give away as competition prizes and the rumor of Interplay making them region specific turns out to be true...take a gander...
Here is a thought: has anyone actually TRIED?

I can see what the box says, but after EAW 2006 unified the versions, there were never again any references to a localized version... Perhaps Interplay is just playing scarecrow?

Vic

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 02:23:08 am »
Well i was thinking about that unification thing, trouble is though i have 4 copies of this game all with that warning.  If a competition winner in the US or Canada wins i need to pay P&P to send the game over, and it may not even work.  It's too costly a risk.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 08:51:32 am »
hmm well send it to me and i can try it and see if it work or not, the only way to know for sure is to try it.