Topic: Negitive Karma  (Read 5570 times)

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
Re: Negitive Karma
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2005, 07:04:11 am »
Far be it from me to Dissuade discussion but does this thread belong in the Modeling forum?
 perhaps it should be moved to the general discussion location?

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2005, 09:12:40 am »
It comes clearer to me after all the controversy with Karma continuing on in this forum that all of it is more reason to get rid of it, in my opinion.  No Karma, no random complaints of negative Karma, no discussions like this, and everyone can return to their normal forum-browsing and forum-posting.  The negative attributes of Karma outweighs the positive attibutes, plain and simple.  Why not get rid of it?

I'm curious...  Wasn't it removed momentarily before?

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2005, 01:14:33 pm »
Yes It was For a little bit, But was Added back in while It's being discussed with the Admins/Mods. There are a couple of Ideas in the work right now, But It's not really my place to say more, untill Frey makes an announcement.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2005, 02:59:42 pm »

Thus I am a better and more intelligent person then he could ever hope to be.

Notice he didn't say taller or better looking, you know the real important qualities.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2005, 03:40:57 pm »
Yes It was For a little bit, But was Added back in while It's being discussed with the Admins/Mods. There are a couple of Ideas in the work right now, But It's not really my place to say more, untill Frey makes an announcement.

Stephen

Why keep it in, Stephen?  To continue the debating on Karma for ages to come?  It's quite simple Stephen, no need to discuss it: Removing it would cause less problems than it would to keep it in.  No asking about karma, no fighting about karma, no people upset about karma, less hassle for the community, the more peace in the community, etc.  There's only one reason I would care about Karma: The negative attributes can cause a big hassle in the community, an annoyance not needed.  If it wasn't there, we wouldn't be discussing this, there wouldn't be many questions or upset people over it.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2005, 10:25:17 am »

Stephen

Why keep it in, Stephen?  To continue the debating on Karma for ages to come?  It's quite simple Stephen, no need to discuss it: Removing it would cause less problems than it would to keep it in.  No asking about karma, no fighting about karma, no people upset about karma, less hassle for the community, the more peace in the community, etc.  There's only one reason I would care about Karma: The negative attributes can cause a big hassle in the community, an annoyance not needed.  If it wasn't there, we wouldn't be discussing this, there wouldn't be many questions or upset people over it.

I understand your point of view, I really do. Frey though likes the Idea of seeing someones Individual respect on the boards.  Here's an Announcement regarding the current change to the Karma system.

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163354151.0.html

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Lord Schtupp

• Keep your Sword sharp...
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • ...and your intention true.
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2005, 12:50:28 pm »
much better,,, good compromise