Topic: EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??  (Read 102458 times)

Offline Chronos1

• Ensign
EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??
« on: April 14, 2005, 09:18:40 pm »

Well, as most of you probably already know (and now I do too after scrubbing the internet and finding you guys) I just yesterday purchased a copy of SFC2:EAW and ran into the failed "authorization protocol" when I used my 16 digit CD-Key (hey, it must be for EAW, I mean its plastered right on the damn case, right?).  So I looked all over and finally found you and did some searching on your forums, very helpful by the way, and now I think I'm screwed.

Seems like the only thing that worked was emailing Interplay, but near as I can tell that stopped working two years ago!  Cant even find a site with that name now.  What do I do now?  Is there any remedy that does not involve me buying OP?  I cannot express how jazzed I was to finally get this game and play it (have had SFC 1 for years) and how bummed I am that it does not work.  Do I send it back to Amazon? Use it as a Frisbee? Coasters?  Ohhh!  I could chuck it out my car window and try to make photon torpedo sounds, yeah, that sounds like a good idea! 

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

God I sound pathetic.

Chronos1

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 09:38:12 pm »
   You got copy of EAW with an OP cd key that happened when they were puplished if you can show a screen shot of your game the admins or moderators will help you out.PM a moderator or an Admin if you want faster service try Stephen/Sirgod.

Offline Chronos1

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 10:38:12 pm »

Age,

Thanks!  Uh, stupid question here, you mean take a screen shot of the authentication protocol screen when it comes up?  How do I do that?

Regards,

Chronos1

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 11:07:25 pm »
I think he means, can you get a scan of the disc and or box, or some way of verifying that you have a legitimate copy of the game rather than having downloaded it off the internet?

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 07:30:06 am »

Well, as most of you probably already know (and now I do too after scrubbing the internet and finding you guys) I just yesterday purchased a copy of SFC2:EAW and ran into the failed "authorization protocol" when I used my 16 digit CD-Key (hey, it must be for EAW, I mean its plastered right on the damn case, right?).  So I looked all over and finally found you and did some searching on your forums, very helpful by the way, and now I think I'm screwed.

Seems like the only thing that worked was emailing Interplay, but near as I can tell that stopped working two years ago!  Cant even find a site with that name now.  What do I do now?  Is there any remedy that does not involve me buying OP?  I cannot express how jazzed I was to finally get this game and play it (have had SFC 1 for years) and how bummed I am that it does not work.  Do I send it back to Amazon? Use it as a Frisbee? Coasters?  Ohhh!  I could chuck it out my car window and try to make photon torpedo sounds, yeah, that sounds like a good idea! 

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

God I sound pathetic.

Chronos1

Check your Private Messages... I explained further there.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline BigFattyPlus

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 08:58:37 pm »
Oh thank God I finally found someone who can help!  I am having the same problem as Chronus.  I just bought the game Friday from KB Toys.  If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.
 ;D
"Suffer the little ones, yet they may rise up and beat you sensless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gatheing

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 11:08:21 am »
Don, Never give your CD Keys on the open internet dut to Software Pirates stealing software.. Plus it is not allowed on this board.

Orion Pirates and Empires at War are still under EULA and all rights and licensing....

Posting of CD Keys is allowing people to steal copies of the game without legal purchase (Amazon.com and Ebay still have copies left for sale).. If you post a CD Key, it is the exact same as posting a Warez.. (Illegally obtained software)

This post edited by Pestalence.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 02:50:43 am by Pestalence »

Offline shousa

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 03:42:51 pm »
Ugh. i take it this is a popular problem. I've been meaning to hunt this game down for a while now, and now that I finally have, I can't run it! Just tell me what I need to to, I still have all my e-bay records and everything. I can borrow a digital camera if you want to see the box and CD case. Man, i can't beleive interplay went under. when did shti happen!? Clearly i need to pay more attantion.

Offline primeight

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 04:48:22 am »
I need some help too...been searching the internet/ forums for any help. If you can help me, please send me a personal message

Sgt K USMC

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 11:12:46 pm »
Same problem here. How do I fix it?

To add an additional question here. Does installing the OP follow up fix the problem or just create a new one?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 05:06:51 am by Sgt K USMC »

Offline Skeet772

• Ensign
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 11:11:07 am »
I just purchased a copy of SFC2 from Sam's Club.  Luckily I didn't pay much for it, but if anyone can help me get the game to work, I would really appreciate it.  From the looks of everythihng, Interplay went "belly-up" with no way to fix things like bad CD-key validations.  Believe me, I've tried just about every combination I can think of between upper and lower case letters, dashes and no dashes.  There was a notice saying that the CD key was for multiplayer option, but I can't even get to the game without the validation.  ANY help would be apprecaited!!!  Thanks!!  Whenever anyone gets help, please let the rest of us know.

Offline Windchill

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 01:13:33 pm »
Ditto the purchase at Sam's club - You may be getting a fair number of these soon!

Email address rj3clark@comcast.net - I don't have a PM system in use. Too old to trust em'!

Any and all help GREATLY appreciated!  :)

Keep Smilin'

Windchill

Sgt K USMC

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2005, 03:21:37 pm »
Got mine at Sams as well.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 07:26:25 pm »
Check your personal messages folks.

Offline Tarantulas

• Ensign
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 09:23:21 pm »
Could I possibly get in on the PM party? I'm another Sam's Club victim, just bought it today. It sold for $8.44 and there was no indication that it was 4 1/2 years old.

Funny, the Taldren website says that Interplay provides support sites for the first three SFC games. Of course they seem to be nonexistent. And they also offer support on their fan forums...but their link to their forums goes to the page "closed.html."

It seems somewhat dishonest that these are all being produced with bogus serial numbers and flooding Sam's Club.

Offline Evilcoy

• Ensign
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 10:34:34 pm »
I'd also like a PM please.  Bought the game from KBtoys and was disappointed at the CD key fiasco.  Please help!   >:(

Offline captain american

• Ensign
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 11:00:36 pm »
well this looks like a problem a lot of people are having.
me too  sam's club $8.44 + taxes deal.
any one can help let me know.
 game looks fun but it won't take the key code I have .
bought it yestureday sat may 21st.
was thinking about trying to return  it for another copy but i bet  they  all are bad. 
should tell sam's so they don't keep selling bad games.
but then it's might just keep making this site get bigger  lol.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 09:14:47 am »
PMs sent.

Offline DwightC

• Ensign
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 03:14:38 pm »
Hi Bonk,

Please add myself to that Sam's list as well.  I purchased the game and low and behold same problem as everyone else.

Your help is much valued and appriciated.

DwightC

Ravok

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 06:18:50 pm »
Jeez!!! You think they would have straitened this out by now. :P