Topic: EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??  (Read 102438 times)

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
Re: EAW CD Key problem. What do I do now??
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2005, 02:58:15 am »
Yeah, I haven't played in a while because things were getting a little stale, same old players, etc.  Maybe I'll have to come back. ;)  I wonder how many new people we'll actually get?  In my dreams it's enough to mount some of the larger campaigns like in the old days.  Why, when I was a kid... :D

Offline Yawsome

• Ensign
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2005, 07:35:14 am »
Everyone will get some help...be patient...follow the directions and private message Bonk or Pestelance ....

Now...as someone who's been around since 11/99.....seen the triumphs and pitfalls....I'm just so happy to be able to say once again with great pride....

NUBIES!!!!! ;D

Just kidding......new players are a treasure around here..not a burden... ;)

I would love to follow the directions, but I have yet to receive a reply to my PMs.  I can wait, trust me, but I just wish I could get some confirmation that they even received them.  Looking forward to mixing it up with you guys.

heath97

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2005, 01:07:45 pm »
I am yet another who bought the SFC2: EAW game at Sam's and am stuck with a bad CD key.  I have PMed Pestalence (I think).  I am wondering - with Interplay dead, is there not any "official" site we can go to now?  I can understand for legal reasons a reluctance to post solutions here, but it seems without any official source anymore, SOME kind of answer (even temporary) could be shown.  Thanks for any help with this.  Sure is frustrating.

heath97

Offline Indoril

• Ensign
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2005, 04:17:54 pm »
I ordered mine online and the CD key doesn't work on that.  How do I do this?

(New at this.)

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2005, 05:34:05 pm »
Go to bonk or pestelance's post...click on their name....go down to "send this member a personal mesage"..

Click it...compose post..send private message...

you will get another private message asking for you for all the relevent information.....(watch your user info box at top of screen)

If and when you have provided satisifactory information....you will recieve the help you need...

This process may be short or a little longer depending on who's online and when...be patient.

Offline Yawsome

• Ensign
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2005, 09:02:58 am »
Everyone will get some help...be patient...follow the directions and private message Bonk or Pestelance ....

Now...as someone who's been around since 11/99.....seen the triumphs and pitfalls....I'm just so happy to be able to say once again with great pride....

NUBIES!!!!! ;D

Just kidding......new players are a treasure around here..not a burden... ;)

I would love to follow the directions, but I have yet to receive a reply to my PMs.  I can wait, trust me, but I just wish I could get some confirmation that they even received them.  Looking forward to mixing it up with you guys.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  I have been fixed.  Played all night.  Had a good time. Been checking into online play.  Seems like a lot of work.  Hope I can figure it all out.

Offline vf500f85

• Ensign
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2005, 09:08:56 am »
Is there any relief in sight,  :P I can only wait in anticipation  :-\ for a resolution.  Two weeks and waiting.  Have PM'd primaries and still life is but a dim reflection of it could be.  Alas, I wait.

CJA :-[

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2005, 11:01:23 am »
Please remember that this site is ran, admin'ed and staffed by volunteers.

Bonk is attempting to procure living quarters after his burned down.

We thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline vf500f85

• Ensign
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2005, 05:04:47 pm »
 My condolences to Bonk and his personables  :( , good home hunting Bonk  :-\ .

Patience I have plenty of, just keeping the thread fresh.

thank you all (admin / staff) for your tireless and probable thankless efforts,  ;D CJA

Offline Ops .5

• Ensign
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2005, 04:21:29 pm »
It seems I'm also another Sam's Club victim.  I bought my copy of EAW today (June 22) at Sam's.  It looked like an interesting game but it turns out I can't play it b/c of the Serial.  I could use you're help in getting it working.  What do I need to do to get the CD Key accepted?  Any advice?

Ops .5

Offline taco36963

• Ensign
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2005, 05:30:16 pm »
I just got SFC : EAW today and i can not get the cd code to work. i read the posts. Interplay is gone so no help there. How/Who do i talk to about getting it to work or did i just waste my money?

Offline Indoril

• Ensign
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2005, 12:50:01 pm »
Keeping it up there.

Offline vf500f85

• Ensign
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2005, 09:15:39 pm »
Hello  :-\ , anybody out there  :'(  (that can help solve my CD key error) CJA

Offline Stewy

• Ensign
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2005, 01:09:27 pm »
Hey guys, sorry to hear bout the issue you are having with the CD Key.  I'm in the same boat as you and will pass on the info I have received on this.  Send a PM to Bonk and or Pestelance for assistance on this issue.  From what I can tell its not a quick process as I have not been contacted by the people that I sent the pms to but Im still holding out for that one ray of hope.  Good luck to you and let me know if you find anything that may be more helpful to resolve this issue. 

Aloha

BDCrouse

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2005, 07:16:40 pm »
I work for Sam's Club and bought the game today and discovered this problem. I intend on calling our home office when I go to work tommorrow and informing them of the problem and will see what can be done. I must commend the moderators of this site for helping the people out here to get thier games running. Now i'll just wait for the PM so I can play my copy also.  ;)          Sorry to all the folks that bought bad cd key copies of the game from us but hopefully tommorrow something will get done about it.

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2005, 03:48:09 pm »

I see some folks talking about an Orion Pirates CD key error.  I'm not saying that you don't have a bad CD key, and I know for sure that one batch of EAW did have this error, but OP also had a slightly different bug when it came to enterring the OP CD key.

Sometimes, the screen would lock up and you could not enter the code.  The game would just "ding" at you when you tried.  What you need to do is to minimize the screen and then maximize it again.  Then your keyboard will work again and you can enteer your key.

I see that at least two people on this thread had that problem and have already worked it out.  However I thought that I would highlight this issue just in case others might have a working copy of Orion Pirates and not realize it.

Hope this helps someone.  And welcome all!!!

(PS:  Fly Gorn!)

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2005, 11:15:46 pm »

I see some folks talking about an Orion Pirates CD key error.  I'm not saying that you don't have a bad CD key, and I know for sure that one batch of EAW did have this error, but OP also had a slightly different bug when it came to enterring the OP CD key.

Sometimes, the screen would lock up and you could not enter the code.  The game would just "ding" at you when you tried.  What you need to do is to minimize the screen and then maximize it again.  Then your keyboard will work again and you can enteer your key.

I see that at least two people on this thread had that problem and have already worked it out.  However I thought that I would highlight this issue just in case others might have a working copy of Orion Pirates and not realize it.

Hope this helps someone.  And welcome all!!!

(PS:  Fly Gorn!)

-S'Cipio
I had the same problem with my copy of OP that I bought a few weeks ago from Sam's.  I just closed the game and tried it again.  It worked fine.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2005, 01:24:17 am »
I will have a chance to go over the 20 latest requests tomorrow. Thank you for your patience, its worth it, SFC's a great game! (really good value now too...!) We'll make sure everyone with a valid copy can get a valid CD Key, be patient and we'll get you all sorted out. I just love the fact that poeple are still buying the game and we are getting new players - rest assured we will do everything we can to welcome you to the fold!  ;D

I have my living situation covered temporarily, but it will still be a while till I get resettled again, thanks for your concern and I hope to be able to give Dynaverse.net my full attention again soon.

BDCrouse

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2005, 07:12:29 pm »
Thought i'd stop back and let you all know that the buyer for the software category at Sam's Clubs home office has been notified of the problem. He stated to me that he would send out a company wide message to pull the EAW game off the shelves as well as any other Interplay titles. We are not in business to sell products that are either defective in one way or another or from companies that no longer exist and cannot provide customer support. If anyone has a copy of the game that they cannot use or do not want to go through the process of getting the correct code from the moderators here just take your reciept and the game back to the store and explain the problem and they should take care of you.

I did get my copy of the game working using a different method so any of the Mods that recieved messages from me requesting the key please disregard.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 10:58:26 pm by BDCrouse »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2005, 09:48:53 pm »
Thought i'd stop back and let you all know that the buyer for the software category at Sam's Clubs home office has been notified of the problem. He stated to me that he would send out a company wide message to pull the EAW game off the shelves as well as any other Interplay titles. We are not in business to sell products that are either defective in one way or another or from companies that no longer exist and cannot provide customer support. If anyone has a copy of the game that they cannot use or do not want to go through the process of getting the correct code from the moderators here just take your reciept and the game back to the store and explain the problem and they should take care of you.

I did get me copy of the game working using a different method so any of the Mods that recieved messages from me requesting the key please disregard.

Oh well, hopefully other retailers will not respond the same way.

Please PM me on how you obtained your "key".