Topic: OT: Anybody have or know where I can find...  (Read 970 times)

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
OT: Anybody have or know where I can find...
« on: April 18, 2005, 06:14:30 pm »
I remember seeing somewhere a piece of concept art from the development of TNG, showing Andrew Probert's original concept for the Enterprise-D's bridge--a huge, two-story room that looked more like the reception area of a big company than a starship bridge.  Anybody have this or know where I might be able to find it?  A Google image search turned up nada...  :(
Trekmods SFC/BC/Nexus forum

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: OT: Anybody have or know where I can find...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 07:14:08 pm »
I remember seeing somewhere a piece of concept art from the development of TNG, showing Andrew Probert's original concept for the Enterprise-D's bridge--a huge, two-story room that looked more like the reception area of a big company than a starship bridge.  Anybody have this or know where I might be able to find it?  A Google image search turned up nada...  :(

If you have the TNG 20th Anniversary book, it's there as a two-pager.
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 07:27:48 pm »
No, but I may have to buy it just for that...  ;)

"Don't forget the original series, or dismiss it as obsolete. You owe it everything."  --Shane Johnson, author of Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 08:08:06 pm »
I'd scan it but I don't want to tear the book it half. ;)
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline Captain Pierce

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 08:34:57 pm »
Aw, c'mon, help a brother out...  :D

Seriously, what's the exact title of this book so I know what to look for on ebay?  ;)

I know I've seen this on the net before somewhere, just can't track it down...  must have lost the link in a format or something...  thought it was at Federation Starship Datalink. my usual fix for concept art, but don't see it there (although they do have another amazing bit of Probert concept art, the original Type 7 shuttle[/i] design)...