Topic: Rule Question  (Read 3374 times)

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
Rule Question
« on: April 20, 2005, 07:06:33 am »
When this league kicked off, wasn't it decided that all matches would be 3v3, so that if one side showed up with 2 players, they had to take an AI wing?, if they showed up with 1, the match couldn't be played.

Or am I not remembering something correctly?

Offline GDA-Kel

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Rule Question
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 07:09:32 am »
Yes.  Unless a hanshake agreement was reached.  I cannot find the exact post where this is stated at the moment, but I'll look again later.
GDA-Kel
Gorn Dragon Alliance

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 07:42:27 am »
IIRC, there was no official vote taken.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 06:07:22 pm »
Actually, after Cycle 2, it was decided that for cycle 3 and forward, the ruling would be, and was voted to be:  (not direct quote)

"If a team showed up for the match with 2 pilots, those 2 pilots would pilot 3 ships between them in accordance to the PBR rules.

If a team showed up for the match with 1 pilot, it was to be a forfeit unless that pilot piloted all 3 ships."

This ruling was to give the team who actually had 3 pilots an actual accountable game while maintaining a more superior advantage.  At the same time the team with 2 or 1 pilot actually could fly with a chance to win(small), but was disadvantaged for missing pilot(s).

This rule has been used in the last 2 cycles, I know because twice TSC has been short  a pilot and has flown in this manner.

The other reason I know this rule is that I was the one who proposed it after several problems with 2v3 matches that were too uneven in the first 2 cycles.

hope this helps.

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 06:34:47 pm »
Yes.  Unless a hanshake agreement was reached.  I cannot find the exact post where this is stated at the moment, but I'll look again later.

i don't remember hearing anything about a handshake?? i was under the impression it was a form of penalty for arranging a match,then not showing up with the proper number of fleet members.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 06:12:13 am »
well....you can handshake most anything (at least when this was run by GZ you could)

Thing about a handshake, both parties have to agree.

Offline KBF-Butcher

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 05:19:30 pm »
on: 10 November 2004, 17:44:47  a new thread (Rule change suggestion )opened discussing this issue.
Most fleets agreed with Dfly suggestion and there was no need for an official vote by the fleet representatives .
Later Kel  added it to the new rulings and there wasnt any post of anyone disagree with that.
Just to consolidate our recent 'rulings' under one thread.  Here is the current Addendum to the rules...

A1.  All battles must be fought 3 ships vs 3 ships.  If one side (or both) only has two pilots, one of the pilots must control two ships. 

A2.  For ISC, 4 PPD limit on a 3 ship fleet no restriction on what ship(s) have the PPDs.

A3.  No x-ships in LATE era matches.  1st gen x-ships in ADV era ONLY.  No 2nd gen x-ships allowed in any era.  (Jakle may have already covered this in his rules, but it came up in a previous thread, so it is repeated here).     

This post is under the sticky thread Patrol Battle Rule Links and has any change in rules from cycle3 to cycle4.
The A2 and A3(i think this was already at the rules from cycle 3) have been added from Jakle to update the PBR and later when someone wanted the rules from gz site i posted them there after modified the 5.5.1 concerning the A1 rule change

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 01:36:34 pm »
thx Butcher for finding that.