Topic: Wireless gaming headsets?  (Read 2892 times)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Wireless gaming headsets?
« on: June 21, 2005, 09:59:27 pm »
Does such an animal exist, preferbly USB?
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Wireless gaming headsets?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 10:09:26 pm »
There is, but they cost more then you spend a year on skanks.  ;)

http://headsetplus.com/category16_17/

http://www.headsetzone.com/computer.html

About $200.00 +

Sorry bro, but they are high dollar stuff. Might be able to get a Blue tooth one, But I haven't looked for one in quite awhile. I'll ask around for more info on a tech forum I frenquent.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 06:15:08 am »
I was looking at some Bluetooth headsets myself but I am unsure how well how well they will work with a computer.  I'd be interested to hear what you come up with as well.

What I am using now is a regular head set with two 6 foot extender wires and a jack splitter that I bought from Radio Shack.  I plugged in the splitter jack into the Audigy's speaker plug and connected my regular speaker wire and one of the extender wires into the splitter jack.  Then I plugged the other extender wire into the Audigy's microphone jack.  My tower is setting in a roll away cabnet setting next to my main desk so I am able to run the extender wires under the my cabnet and desk out of sight.  Then I just plug my headset into the extender wires when I want to use it.  I used two permanent markers and marked each end of the extender wire so I don't have to guess what goes where.  The whole thing cost me about $10USD and works without a hitch.  So if you don't find a wireless option that fits what you need for the right price maybe this work around will.

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Lord High Master of Justice
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 12:32:28 pm »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=Go&DEPA=0&type=&description=bluetooth+headset&Category=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Yes, I am partial to Newegg.  They also have reviews on these things as well, and ship really, really quick.  Hope it helps.

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 10:46:33 pm »
Just an FYI, newegg does not allow the posting of 'negative' toned reviews. Thought you might like to know.
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 11:24:53 am »
Iceman, you are sort of right about that-

I have seen some criticism, but it is very light.  Personally, I still like and trust Newegg, but anyone wants to get a glimpse of those who may not, read the feedback in www.resellerratings.com.  Newegg sort of watches that feedback board, but honest angry and disappointed posts about Newegg are there, too.

I think that when you buy online, and shipping is involved, there's bound to be a headache or two sometime.  And, some guy in some company's warehouse is going to pack the wrong item to the wrong guy someday.  Good outfits do their best to mimimize this, and bad ones either don't or can't get a handle on it.

On that basis, even if they censor their testimonials (hey, it's THEIR website), my gut feeling is that they're not only safe to deal with, they're priced better than most.

There are some other good online merchants with solid reputations, but they ALL have negative, critical letters posted against them on sites like resellerratings.com or the like.  Caveat emptor.

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 11:27:59 am »
Javora,  I wasn't really aware of that.  My entire system had 90% of it's parts ordered, and all arrived within three days and were correct.  I've just never had a problem with them, so I have never really worried about it. 

NPR is a lot like NASCAR.  Two hundred miles an hour in a circle, and you end up right back where you started with nothing but lost time for the effort.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 11:34:13 am »
Javora,  I wasn't really aware of that.  My entire system had 90% of it's parts ordered, and all arrived within three days and were correct.  I've just never had a problem with them, so I have never really worried about it. 

Too Be honest Ben, I usually go with PC Club. There prices vary, but I've never had better Support then that company. Heck I post on there forums also, and they are Pretty good Caring Techs.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 02:14:38 pm »
We truly are creatures of habit, aren't we?  We find a site that treats us right and stick with it, rather than risking another venture into electronic hell.  Got a link?  I'll check it out next time I order a part.

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 07:28:48 pm »

I'm confused, I wasn't talking about ordered parts only take a less costly route by running a line under your desk to use headset.

Were you referring to Iceman's post?   ???

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 07:45:04 pm »
Sorry, Javora.  Had one of them senior moments.  I posted the link for the headsets for you, but was responding in that thread to Iceman, but addressed it to you.
   As most of you guys know, I am computer incompetent, but I'll offer what little I can to help.   ;D

Offline Javora

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 08:00:24 pm »
;D

It's ok I totally understand as I'm not getting any younger myself.  And thanks for the link, I've never given myself time to look that stuff up.

Offline KBF-Angel Slayer

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 08:05:24 pm »
Anytime.  I may not know much about this computer stuff, but if someone tells me what they want, I can usually find it in about two minutes or less. ;D