Topic: Request to all SFBers  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
Request to all SFBers
« on: May 15, 2005, 10:10:27 am »
Hey all,

I was just wondering if someone had a complete SFB Timeline that they could direct me to or e-mail me. I'm currently doing some sanctioned (*grin*) revisions on Jaeih's Timeline, and I'd love to know all the history of the races other than the Big Three.

So, if you have an idea where to find a timeline that tells me all about the Gorn, Tholians, Kzinti, Hydrans, Lyrans, ISC, Andromedans, WYN, LDR, and how they interact with each other and the Big Three, I'd be very grateful.
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
Re: Request to all SFBers
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 07:16:53 pm »
Well, a good place to start is the overview of the General War, posted at ADB's website; http://www.starfleetgames.com/sfb/sfin/general_war.htm

Not a lot of the cultures themselves there, but one gets a sense of their interaction during the war.
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 10:37:59 pm »
Curiously enough, I am in the process of writing up the Klingon timeline from SFB for my own purposes.  I can expand it.  Can you wait until the end of the month to get it?
"The Andromedans," Kadh said, "will never stop coming.  Not until they are all destroyed or we are."

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 06:59:36 pm »
Thanks Wanderer, I'll check it out!

Kadh, I can certainly wait for your efforts. I seem to have found a pretty extensive timeline for the early years (up to Y1 to Y120), but obviously I want and need more. Send it to me when you're done.

Thanks guys.  :thumbsup:
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 09:36:13 am »
I have completed a timeline for the SFB universe that goes from -Y2330 to Y225.  It has the general history of all the races with a little bit of extra focus on the Klingons and a lot more on the Romulans.  I did not include the historical scenarios from the game as that would add a lot of space and provide little useful information.
"The Andromedans," Kadh said, "will never stop coming.  Not until they are all destroyed or we are."

Offline gplana

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • ADB Staffer and GPD writer
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 11:34:27 am »
Kadh2000: If you haven't seen SFB Module G2, it has a super-updated Master Ship Chart with all the YIS dates in it; G2 came out 2-3 moths ago.

Almost all of the new background material on the SFB races is going to be in racial sourcebooks for the GURPS PRIME DIRECTIVE RPG; the Klingons and Roms is already out, and GURPS FEDERATION will be out the end of August.

The best (most complete/most recent) version of the SFU Master Timeline is in GPD4. But as we do the rest of the racial sourcebooks, new info will be added; for example, the Tholians and Seltorians originate in the M81 galaxy (which hasn't been mentioned in print  -- yet).

If anyone has specific questions, email me -- I'll be happy to answer them.

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 09:37:50 pm »
Gplana: thanks.  Not surprisingly, I've purchased all of those products and can't wait to get the GPD4: Federation book.  The timeline in GPD4 is absolutely amazing.